SYNERGY Trading Method - page 38

DerkWehler:
Chaikin does not exist in synergy basic. In synergy advanced, they have their own volatility indicator.

Really. Hmmmmmmmmm, So I'm guessing when their volitility indicator goes above, say 0, then it's looking good (according to them).

I put this:

2007.12.21 00:00:52 SynergyEA GBPUSD,M5 inputs: S1="== MONEY MANAGEMENT SETTINGS =="; UseMoneyManagement=true; UseDualWinMM=false; TradeSizePercent=3; ScaleInPercent=20; MaxScaleIns=3; Lots=0.1; MinLots=0.01; MaxLots=1; S1z=" "; S2="==== INDICATOR SETTINGS ===="; S2a="--------- INDICATOR ---------"; S2b="------ Entry Settings ------"; UseEntry68_32=0; UseSmallerExit=0; DefineSmaller=0.08; ReqRedYellowCombo=0; UseVolExpanding=1; UseChaikin=0; UseH4Trend=0; S2c="------ Exit Settings -------"; UseSmallerOrOpp=0; UseClosedInside=

what's wrong?

BALAISE:
I put this:

2007.12.21 00:00:52 SynergyEA GBPUSD,M5 inputs: S1="== MONEY MANAGEMENT SETTINGS =="; UseMoneyManagement=true; UseDualWinMM=false; TradeSizePercent=3; ScaleInPercent=20; MaxScaleIns=3; Lots=0.1; MinLots=0.01; MaxLots=1; S1z=" "; S2="==== INDICATOR SETTINGS ===="; S2a="--------- INDICATOR ---------"; S2b="------ Entry Settings ------"; UseEntry68_32=0; UseSmallerExit=0; DefineSmaller=0.08; ReqRedYellowCombo=0; UseVolExpanding=1; UseChaikin=0; UseH4Trend=0; S2c="------ Exit Settings -------"; UseSmallerOrOpp=0; UseClosedInside=

what's wrong?

for starters, you should be running this on H1, at least. I'll leave the rest up to Derk. I haven't looked at his code in quite a while.

nondisclosure007:
Really. Hmmmmmmmmm, So I'm guessing when their volitility indicator goes above, say 0, then it's looking good (according to them).

Non:

Correct.

Files:
synergyea.mq4  28 kb

EA to help close/handle a trade

Hi Derk,

I do like your Synergy EA but I have not tried it on live account yet. Well, the biggest challenge to me is that I have not learned a good way to avoid loss by using this EA when market is ranging. So I trade manually. However, I have tried every trailing EA that I can find to handle my trade but none of them is smart as your Synergy EA. Is it possible that you can create an EA based on the current Synergy EA you created but make it handle only the floating position that people trade manually? It will be a great help for people who trade manually but could not watch their trade every minute. The "brain" in Synergy method can do a great job to close a trade intelligently. Do you think it's doable?

xcooper:
Hi Derk, I do like your Synergy EA but I have not tried it on live account yet. Well, the biggest challenge to me is that I have not learned a good way to avoid loss by using this EA when market is ranging. So I trade manually. However, I have tried every trailing EA that I can find to handle my trade but none of them is smart as your Synergy EA. Is it possible that you can create an EA based on the current Synergy EA you created but make it handle only the floating position that people trade manually? It will be a great help for people who trade manually but could not watch their trade every minute. The "brain" in Synergy method can do a great job to close a trade intelligently. Do you think it's doable?

So you are saying you want an option where it never opensa trade, but handles any open trade as if it had..?

That could be done, but trades opened manually have a "MagicNumber" of zero (and I know of no way to alter this), so it would affect ALL trades placed manually in that account...

xcooper, how do you determine your manual trades ? Do you just look for trending currencies then use synergy for entry conditions ? thx mike

cochran1:
xcooper, how do you determine your manual trades ? Do you just look for trending currencies then use synergy for entry conditions ? thx mike

Mike, yes, synergy seems to be very helpful to me and make me more confident to place and close my trade manually. I don't jump on every trending currency pair. I watch only when Volatility Band is expanding and the currency started to show clear trend based on the synergy pattern. Since I trade only on M15 and H1 timeframe, the RSI price level 50 is not so important to me. I take the level 50 as a confirmation for trending and I also use pivot on H1 to determine when I should take profit or have the profit keep riding on the trending pairs. That way, when my trade is placed, it usually starts to turn in profit. It not, then I must have made a mistake, I close the losing trade quickly and wait for next opportunity. Sometimes the trade will run for hours to a day. A good EA that knows Synergy would help a lot to close my trade and make my life easier so I don't have to watch it often during the day.

DerkWehler:
So you are saying you want an option where it never opensa trade, but handles any open trade as if it had..? That could be done, but trades opened manually have a "MagicNumber" of zero (and I know of no way to alter this), so it would affect ALL trades placed manually in that account...

Yes Derk, if an EA can take care of all opened positions that I place manually, that would be great. I will feel more confident to let your EA close my trade based on Synergy logic and the thoughtful trailing methods when I am not around to watch my trade. Using MagicNumber seems to be bit complicated in this case. If an EA can manage to close the trade on the currency pairs that the EA attached to, that is perfect for now. And yes, it manages only to close the trade and never open a trade.

Reason: