Strategy Tester get events from other charts

I am looking for a way to get events from other charts during back testing and forward testing. Anyone have any ideas or run into this problem?

wehsnim:
I am looking for a way to get events from other charts during back testing and forward testing. Anyone have any ideas or run into this problem?

Backtesting and forward testing is really not the same.

You can't do that on backtest.

During forward testing you have to use OnChartEvent().

I have looked through the codebase and seen some examples but the indicator has to be attached to the chart in question for indicator to pass what has happened back. How is it possible in the forward test?

I will get some code together and post a proof of concept maybe i am looking at this all wrong.

wehsnim:

I have looked through the codebase and seen some examples but the indicator has to be attached to the chart in question for indicator to pass what has happened back. How is it possible in the forward test?

Just to be sure. What do you mean by a "forward test" ?

angevoyageur:
Just to be sure. What do you mean by a "forward test" ?
In the Strategy Tester there is a Option called  "Forward" with a combo box option "Custom" in which a date can be specified.

wehsnim:
In the Strategy Tester there is a Option called  "Forward" with a combo box option "Custom" in which a date can be specified.

Ah ok, so it's still a backtest, you can't do what you want.

angevoyageur:

Ah ok, so it's still a backtest, you can't do what you want.

That narrows every thing down to csv file. There is an article about news trading that talks about using a csv while back testing. I will insert the singals from the charts into 2 or 3 csv file i think it may work whats your opinion on that kind of work around.Thank you angevoyageur

wehsnim:
That narrows every thing down to csv file. There is an article about news trading that talks about using a csv while back testing. I will insert the singals from the charts into 2 or 3 csv file i think it may work whats your opinion on that kind of work around.Thank you angevoyageur
Why not. I don't really know what you are trying to achieve so it's a little difficult t give an advice.

angevoyageur:
Why not. I don't really know what you are trying to achieve so it's a little difficult t give an advice.
Theoretically just for conversation sake my signal would be stochastic over bought and sold levels on 5 pairs i would use a custom indicator to log the time and date of the event port it over to a CSV file. While back testing I could take historical events already log with events that are happening with the test and trade based the on the information. Something like that i think is possible and i value your opinion due to past posts. You are in my view a straight forward person who know what he is talking about when it comes to coding and information regarding Mql5 coding

wehsnim:
Theoretically just for conversation sake my signal would be stochastic over bought and sold levels on 5 pairs i would use a custom indicator to log the time and date of the event port it over to a CSV file. While back testing I could take historical events already log with events that are happening with the test and trade based the on the information. Something like that i think is possible and i value your opinion due to past posts. You are in my view a straight forward person who know what he is talking about when it comes to coding and information regarding Mql5 coding

Unless I missed something, why do you want to create a CSV file ? With MT5 you can backtest on multiple pairs, you can even backtest indicator. So code your custom indicator if not already done, test it and create an EA base on it.

Reason: