Please have a look at the attached chart and see if you can fathom what is happening. I think that there is a problem with exits.
Could you post the same chart but w/ the Heiken Ashi removed and the actual price candles inserted?
Sure thing, nondisclosure. The chart is attached.
Looks like it was setup to exit the trade after the candle closed past the PAC; it is hard coded to use the close, rather than current price, because of how often the wick goes outside.
Dean Malone's E.A.S.Y. Trading Method - Metastock
Newyear Greetings to all!
Has anyone developed a Metastock code for Dean Malone's E.A.S.Y. Trading Method?
Please post the same here if so.
I cannot compile the lastest version of SynergyEA.mq4. Please see attached.
Hi Derk and SynergyPeople,
After another week watching my account fritter itself away (demo, of course) I am prepared to try new ideas. I was using rood's settings on 10 pairs for the past couple of days, and the results are purely negative on all but one pair. On EURJPY it generates a few profitable trades, but still cannot get itself into the black overall.
So Derk, what do I do in this situation. Is this information helpful to you, or am I wasting my time and yours? Should I cut the other pairs and leave it on EURJPY exclusively. Optimize on one or more pairs to see if the behaviour varies? If so, what settings and ranges do you want to see optimized. I would like to help, but I'm not sure where to go from here.
Alternatively, does anyone have settings that are able to produce profits?
SynergyEA Test Results
Hi Derk & SynergyEA Followers,
I started an automated test today with several currency pairs, 4 different settings and 2 different time frames.
I used Derk's set file from 12 December 2007,
Roodstaart's settings from 24 December,
the default (OOTB) settings as Silver uses on H4 and
my own set file.
All the settings are attached in SynergyEA_set_files.zip.
The comments shown in the attached statement refer to the the settings used at that particular trade.
The traded pairs, settings and time frames used are tabulated below:
GBPJPY - H1
GBPUSD - H1
EURJPY - H4
EURUSD - H4
GBPJPY - H4
GBPUSD - H4
USDCHF - H4
AUDJPY - H1
GBPCHF - H1
NZDJPY - H1
I used different MagicSeed at each instance of the EA (that is, different on every chart).
I suspect that there might be some bug since from 12:48 to 13:17 the EA opened several orders and closed them within a minute with loss.
(The last four orders was closed intentionally by me using a closing script at 15:48.)
I also attach the corresponding expert logs to ease finding the reason of this strange behaviour of the EA if Derk or any other good soul decided to look into it.
Need to remove the DM_Volitility and DM_Rangefactor from the EA. It's generating a lot of useless entries in the log.
First time on site and forum
I have just finished reading all posts from the beginning and I am excited to join your group.. I trade the geppy using the synergy method with some other indicators.
Can't wait to give this a go.