SYNERGY Trading Method - page 18

branac:
Aaahhh, I see, "signal failure", probably just a bad choice of words. What I meant by that is, the system gave a buy signal at point 2 and at the same time we can see that the divergence was formed. And the trade ended as a loss. My idea was, maybe we shouldn't have taken that buy signal, because it was right on the bearish divergence.

That makes sense. This is one reason why a "signal cross" is not enough for me. At the very least I want to add Price Action to the decision making process.

Thanks for the fast answer!

branac:
Yeah, good thinking there. That is exactly what I was planning to do, draw trend lines on the green line, when it breaks them, it can make good moves. Probably the best signals would be when both the price and the indicator break their respective trend lines, or any other pattern ... branac

Dean Malone refers to a trader in his webinar who draws trend lines on the green line as per my example and then trades the break.......that's all! This combination appears to be very powerful. And the divergence signal is IMO, the most powerful.

Hey Beachbum, what do you mean by, 'divergence signal is IMO' ? thx

cochran1:
Hey Beachbum, what do you mean by, 'divergence signal is IMO' ? thx

He means that the divergence signal is IMO (in my opinion) the most powerful.

Divergence Idea

Branac

Hello, saw (and understand) your suggestion. However, this is a bit difficult to automate. Let us consider the chart you posted; look at the first (left-most) example. Look at the lower green line you drew on the TDI. This is easy to choose visually, but how do you tell an program to do it? If you start at the current (right side) peak, which is easy to pick because it's the proposed entry, and work back, the last peak was actually 7 candles back, not 12. If you drew a line to there, it would be slanted the other direction and you would indeed take the buy signal.

Same with the right-most example; in that case there is a mini-peak 4 or 5 candles back, but in that case, the line would have still been angled the same way.

So how do you tell the program to skip that one and go back one more; how do you make that call, i.e. what rules do you use to get the same results as you would pick visually? If you can tell me that, then I can program it.

-Derk

branac:
Hi everybody,

I have been testing Synergy for a month or so, like it very much. Just recently I found this forum and this thread and downloaded DerkWehler's indicator, it makes trading much easier :-)

There is one thing I've noticed so far. If there is a divergence between the price and the green line, than the signal is most likely not going to work. There is an example on the attached GBP/USD 4hr chart, check the areas with purple lines. From one buy signal to the other, the price made a higher high but the green line made a lower high, and then the signal failed. I am going to do more testing on this one, but I was wondering if Derk could incorporate this divergence into the indicator?

Thank you,

branac

aegis:
He means that the divergence signal is IMO (in my opinion) the most powerful.

aegis is correct in explaining my post, thanks.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this.

Simple EA based on Synergy with PSAR/ATR/STD

Since nobody has made any comments on the EA I uploaded I suppose that it has gone unnoticed. However, if anyone would like a version in which I have corrected some of the errors, I would be happy to provide it in a new post.

BTW, the Range and Volatility indicators used by Malone in the advanced version look a lot like Average True Range and Standard Deviation, which are normal MT indicators.

autumn

Problem with Synergy Indicator

When I attach the SynergyInd to a chart the CPU throttles and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Could someone post precise instructions for installing the indicators and EA?

Thanks,

Buster

Synergy EA not trading

When I backtest the Synergy EA on a chart with default settings nothing happens. What are correct settings to trade?

autumn

Reason: