SYNERGY Trading Method - page 47

amazing

What a day for this EA ... at the moment i am up 463 pips and have +200 pending lol

Yesterday was also great after a bumpy start (-250, closed around +200) ...

I am running it on 10 forex pairs + dow (amazing) + oil (good) + gold (not so good), will add another 4 pairs (skandies) this week and then filter out the bad pairs (most likely gold, aussie, kiwi, usdcad) at the end of jannuary.

Will also play with the settings a bit as i was unlucky today on eurjpy and usdjpy, otherwise i would be up another 400 pips ...

As the last version of the EA isnt working for me i am turning off the EA during asian session except for the jpy crosses.

Thx for this EA. Will post my settings at the end of the testing phase.

Chris

I have been going over the EA; I added some debug stuff so I can tell a bit better what it's doing. It seems to enter end exit trades fine, but I am only trying a sampling of the settings.

If anyone has a case where they are 99% sure the EA failed to do as instructed, either on entry or exit, go ahead and let me know the broker, the pair, the TF, and the EA settings so I can see if I can reproduce it and thus find any hidden bugs.

Has anyone had any luck with finding settings that seem to work? Next, I think I will try to enable the EA only at the start of Euro and US sessions, and see if I cannot get it to thus stay out of a lot of the losers.

-Derk

Hi everyone:

I am going to add a feature to prevent it re-entering a trade on the "same run".

The reasoning is: I am now testing it with a super simple setup using only TakeProfit; i.e. when you get a signal, get in and look for 50 pips profit, and just take it; don't be greedy... that's it.

But the problem is that as soon as it gets out, it is likely to try to get right back in because the same signals are still there. So I want to at least try to make it reasonably intelligent about not getting right back in a trade.

This of course it tricky because, how exactly do you define when it's okay to get back in? One way would be to say it has to go forward one candle. That's probably not good enough. Another way is to say it has to switch trade direction each time, but in longer trends, that could be bad too.

So I thought about making it so that if it has been in a buy, it cannot get in another buy until we have had at least "X" amount of opposite (short) Heiken Ashi candles. Or I could require that if it has been in a long trade, it cannot be in another long until the price has touched the opposite (lower) PAC line...

But I am curious if anyone has any better ideas on how to define what a re-entry really is..? Some strategy that will best define the start and end of a run, so that it can make good re-entry decisions.

Thanks,

-Derk

DerkWehler:
Hi everyone:

I am going to add a feature to prevent it re-entering a trade on the "same run".

The reasoning is: I am now testing it with a super simple setup using only TakeProfit; i.e. when you get a signal, get in and look for 50 pips profit, and just take it; don't be greedy... that's it.

But the problem is that as soon as it gets out, it is likely to try to get right back in because the same signals are still there. So I want to at least try to make it reasonably intelligent about not getting right back in a trade.

This of course it tricky because, how exactly do you define when it's okay to get back in? One way would be to say it has to go forward one candle. That's probably not good enough. Another way is to say it has to switch trade direction each time, but in longer trends, that could be bad too.

So I thought about making it so that if it has been in a buy, it cannot get in another buy until we have had at least "X" amount of opposite (short) Heiken Ashi candles. Or I could require that if it has been in a long trade, it cannot be in another long until the price has touched the opposite (lower) PAC line...

But I am curious if anyone has any better ideas on how to define what a re-entry really is..? Some strategy that will best define the start and end of a run, so that it can make good re-entry decisions.

Thanks,

-Derk

Derk,

I've seen a few people out there take the distance of the order (open to close) and say not to open any order, long or short, until x number of pips away from the last order.

Just a thought.

CrownFX

Derk

Thank you for your great EA. Just to refresh your memory I (Kobus) am still using CrownFX and Yannis was trying to communicate with you concerning the fix to let it trade on the CrownFX platform.

I am still using the version you posted in Dec on a demo account, I run it 24 hours and all pairs are 4Hr TF. I am very happy with the results, I have trades running 100's of pips into profit.

Looking forward to your next version.

Regards

Exiting and reentering

With regard to the problem of exiting and reentering trades in profit, I would suggest that this strategy be avoided, since it creates the further problem of deciding when to avoid reentering a trade. I think it may be simpler if we could just refine the exits. Otherwise the algorithm threatens to become unwieldy and sprout epicycles.

autumn

More on exits

The DeMarker or similar oscillator could be used to trigger exits or prevent entries when an oversold/overbought condition has been reached. The same oscillator might also be used to filter out entries when the priceline is ranging.

Another possibility is the Force index, which is a very responsive oscillator.

autumn

Hi Derk, as far as input on EA settings, I will tell you what I have found that seems to have the best success. I have been using the EA for entry/exit as well as manual trading for exit only. Last week I gained > 300 pips and today I am up 400 with approx 200 locked in. I have started to only trade in the direction of the upper time frame if it is trending. I determine if there is a trend by looking at the HAclose; example, if the HAclose has crossed the lower PAC on the daily chart, then I set up for short on the 4 hr, If the HAclose has crossed the upper PAC on the 4hr, then I setup to go long on the hourly. This seems to work well but I am still testing this.

As far as settings, I use initial stop at the opposite PAC. My stop type is 4 with a trailing stop of approx 75 on the 4hr and 40 on the hourly. I have started using the TDI exit that exits only when the grn crosses the red. I also set a limit of 100 pipis or so to catch frequent spikes.

I am not suggesting an update to your EA, just FYI. I do think that A good way to determine if a trend exits is by looking at the HAclose of the upper time frame, I will keep you posted on how it goes. thx mike

Trade problems

Something's not working properly here. It seems as if the trades are bothe entering and exiting far too late. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

autumn

Files:

NonDisclosure:

Thanks, I'll look into it, but I suspect it will not do: I am looking at test trades right now where it went long, would have easily got my 50 pip TP, and then continued up where it got in again (twice) more than 50 away. I want something that is better at detecting start to end of a run.

Silver:

Hi! Glad you wrote. I need to work with you to try to get that fixed. Write me at derkwehler@gmail.com

Autumn:

(Exiting and re-entering)

Yes and no: Refining the exits (i.e. getting it to a point where it could consistently exit at 80+% optimum) would be wonderful, but I do not have any ideas yet on how to accomplish this, so for those like me who wish to try just taking a more humble profit on each fresh entry, I wanted to be able to detect those.

(More on Exits)

If you feel these are promising, I am certainly willing to look at adding them in to test. Can you post a screen shot or a description of what you think I should look for with these indicators?

(Trade problems)

Been seeing this a lot lately. But technically, that chart doesn't necessarily look wrong. If you have it set up to exit on opposite PAC, then that looks like what it is doing. If you had some kind of TP or trail in there that wasn't hitting, look at your experts tab... I left mine running and it was completely failing to move the SL along. There are a bunch of messages in the tab about "IsConnected() == false", which was clearly NOT the case. So now I am wondering if MT4 is reporting that incorrectly which is making my OrderReliable lib fail. Will look into this ASAP.

Mike:

Thanks! You seem to be doing best with the system in general, so I appreciate your input. If it keeps working, I can certainly make your TDI change permanent.

Reason: