SYNERGY Trading Method - page 36

Most recent Version of EA

Hi all,

maybe I missed it? Where is the most recent version of the EA posted?

HarryOh

Does anyone know if MT4 has a custom zoom for the number of bars displayed ? I would like to change the number of bars displayed when I click 'zoom in' and 'zoom out'. thx mike

Verry greatful Derk

I am a fairly new trader, I've been doing this about a year. Been getting serious in the last few months. I found this post about synergy and started using it along with some technical analysis manually and it's been a great tool to learn with.

The EA is great as far as some of the back testing goes had 14K net profit YTD on USD/JPY! I will be posting my results for everyone to see, Derk and all the other people who have helped put it together big thanks.

Harry:

Post #65

HarryOh45:
Hi all,

maybe I missed it? Where is the most recent version of the EA posted?

HarryOh

Back testing questions

I'm currently back testing on three pairs EUR/USD EUR/JPY GBP/JPY.

With a 10,000$ deposit...

EUR/USD 10,434

USD/JPY 13,641

EUR/JPY 19402....

Now the numbers are impresive until I get down to a lower deposit. My question is, is it possible to set this up for a micro account starting with 500$? If not, is it always a good idea to start with at least $5,000 so when max drawdown pulls you down you can still recover and prophit over time?

Thanks - cush. BTW I've included my settings that I use to get these results. (All the other pairs with this setting don't perform as well but I have tested them.)

Files:
test1.set  2 kb

Settings won't work.

Just to let everybody know those settings I uploaded won't work. I don't know what happened in between the time I uploaded but the settings are off I tried to run the back test again and couldn't for the life of me get the same results.

Luckily I was able to get the usd/jpy to work great only 28% draw down and a

22,022.50 Net prophit not bad. These settings will work I triple checked. Hope this helps.

Files:
usdjpy.set  5 kb

Thank you Derk,

The setting makes sense. I will make change on my EA setting. BTW, how did the new function(ranging filter) work in your EA? Could you shed some light on the performance about the new function that you're working on..

Again, I really appreciate your work on this EA and the indicator.

DerkWehler:
XCooper:

Absolutely! This is exactly what I do. To close half at 100 TP and let the rest run (for this example, I will use a 66 pip trailing stop), set up like this:

SplitOrder = true

TakeProfit = 100

TrailingType = 3

TrailingValue = 66

FirstMove = 0

FirstSL = 0

SecondMove = 0

SecondSL = 0

ThirdMove = 100

The "ThirdMove" here defines when the 66 trail kicks in, so in this case, not until it gets to 100 and the first half of your order closes, at which point you would not be at breakeven; you would have 34 pips locked in.

So if you wanted it to go to breakeven instead, you would set TrailingValue = 100, and it would trail by 100 instead (once the first half closed). Or set ThirdMove to 66, and when it gets to 66 it will set to breakeven and trail. But it would trail both parts of the order, so if you do not want that, then you need ThirdMove set to 100, so it does not kick in until the first half of your order closes.

This is all explained in the manual too.

-Derk

Autumn Leaves - set question.

Hello Autumnleaves, I have a question about the set you uploaded. Do you run the back test strategy tester to see the results before you move forward? I ran it on mine and it didn't perform, just wondering if I have everything setup right. Thanks.

xcooper:

I have reason to believe there is a bug in the latest version, because I was trading it on real money and came back to the computer to find it had taken a trade that it did not look like it should have. So I am going to need to put in some extensive logging functions to find out what it is doing and why.

Of course I will let you all know when I have a solution...

-Derk

xcooper:
Thank you Derk,

The setting makes sense. I will make change on my EA setting. BTW, how did the new function(ranging filter) work in your EA? Could you shed some light on the performance about the new function that you're working on..

Again, I really appreciate your work on this EA and the indicator.

losses again

The EA started losing again. At first it appeared not to be exiting trades when it should have, so I enabled all the exit options. After another night of losses, I am going to shut down until a new version comes out. I hope you can find those bugs, Derk!

Thanks for all your efforts.

autumn

Reason: