SYNERGY Trading Method - page 34

Great, glad it helped. I have heard two professional traders say to never go against the 4hr trend. Of course, if the 4hr if overbought or oversold and is about to turn with the daily trend then you should be ok. I have the CAD and the EURUSD attached, I have both set up to go short. Looking at the hourly chart with 20-30days of data helps see whats happening, stochastics also help, thx mike

Files:
cad_eur.doc  718 kb

New Version

Hello all:

I have completed a few additions to the EA and Indicator:

1. There is now an option called "CheckClosedCandle". If this is true, it will only check for a trade at the beginning of each candle, and will look at whether the just-closed Heiken Ashi candle closed above/below the PAC. This was the original behaviour of the code, but was later changed so that it could enter a trade at any time during a candle. Now it is an option.

2. A Martingale MM option has been added, because I noticed in my forward testing that it loses often, but not many times in a row, so I thought it could be useful to "double-down" after a loss. For complete instructions, see the updated instruction document.

3. The alert messages have been updated to this format (example):

2007.12.10 14:00: Buy GBPUSD @ 2.0143

The time/date stamp is server time.

4. I have added support for the use of the advanced RangeFactor and Volatility indicators. Unfortunately, I cannot post the actual indicators, so please do not ask for them. But if you have them or do acquire them, the EA/Ind will now use their default settings to filter trades. If you do not have them, they will of course be ignored.

Happy Trading!

-Derk

autumnleaves:
I am unable to do optimization of the EA. It causes a critical error in MT4. I can, however, backtest, or at least on a short period of time. Any ideas why this would happen? autumn

Defrag your drive. And limit your candle's in your chart to 1000. Between the both of them, that should fix the problem.

Chrisstoff, what are you using for your initial stop, trailing stop if any, and TP for you trades ? thx mike

Thanks

Nondisclosure, thanks for the suggestion. I have optimized thousands of times and never encountered this before.

If anyone has settings they would like tested for full automatic trading please upload.

Not much to report today, and not making money yet.

autumn

autumnleaves:
Nondisclosure, thanks for the suggestion. I have optimized thousands of times and never encountered this before.

If anyone has settings they would like tested for full automatic trading please upload.

autumn

No problem. It worked for me (along w/ removing and re-installing many times).

Metatrader is a poorly written application. It doesn't clean itself up and nor does it release resources when it's done using them. I swear the ONLY reason it is so popular is because it is the only one, that I've found, that it's programming language for automated trading is so close to 'C' and everyone else is something else. If it weren't for that, I'd be using someone else, anyone else.

autumnleaves:

autumn

Okay, please test this .set file. Am using on GBPJPY, but you can test on GBPUSD and EURJPY (or whatever else) as well if you like.

Thanks,

-Derk

Files:

settings

cochran1:
Chrisstoff, what are you using for your initial stop, trailing stop if any, and TP for you trades ? thx mike

Mike,

I attached my set file to post #333.

(Yesterday I had no time to test Synergy )

Regards,

Chrisstoff

thanks Chrisstoff,

Changed settings

Hi all,

I have installed Derk's settings on two 1H charts and Chris's on 2 others. So far no action to speak of. I think that it should be entering trades but is not. Or do I misinterpret the chart. See attached.

autumn

Files:
Reason: