10p3 - Multi currency pair - page 6

first..thanks to you david,for continue working on this ea...i have already follow this ea from ver. 002....

since the last version 003 give me a margin call...i stop test that version..

i'm ready to test this new version again at my vps....

anyone can see this ea performance too on my blog .....

regards

Rudi

invalid ticket error

hi david,

i got this error "invalid ticket for orderclose function"

here i upload the screen shot too...

regards

Rudi

ps: i'm using v1

Files:

Optimization

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if you could provide more detail about settings and ranges for the settings to be optimized in each version of the EA. Since the process is very slow, I don't want to waste time optimizing settings that do not have any meaning, but don't want to miss important settings either.

thanks,

autumnleaves

hinomaru:
hi david,

i got this error "invalid ticket for orderclose function"

here i upload the screen shot too...

regards

Rudi

ps: i'm using v1

Ermm... well then. Please try this 1. Hope this help.

Regards

David

Files:
10p3v1.01.mq4  13 kb

autumnleaves:
Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if you could provide more detail about settings and ranges for the settings to be optimized in each version of the EA. Since the process is very slow, I don't want to waste time optimizing settings that do not have any meaning, but don't want to miss important settings either.

thanks,

autumnleaves
Pipstep interval for V0.04 should be range around 5~50, so as TakeProfit 10~100. Their step set to 5 will reduce testing time drastically. Meanwhile, also be tested with different MaxTrades from 1~10. And also Multiplier from 1.5~5 with 0.5 step. When you get the final result, please avoid to use Pipstep>TakeProfit's parameter. Those are over optimised parameter. Pipstep can never be larger then TakeProfit in live trades because the swap and slippages will kill you.

For V1.01, I dont know what to do with it. May be just start with TakeProfit. 5~50 with step 5. Backtest it on different time frame from M1,M5,M15,M30,H1,H4,D1. Then the next thing will be the Multiplier from 1.5 ~ 5 with 0.5 step. StdDev settings should be test from 14~100. I'm using 90 as default. Not sure whether its suitable. Hope this help.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Ermm... well then. Please try this 1. Hope this help.

Regards

David

hi david,

it's work fine if i'm using default setting,but when i change the moneymanagement function to "false"..the error :

2008.06.19 22:23:55 10p3v1.01 EURUSDm,H1: invalid ticket for OrderClose function

appear again..

regards

Rudi

Basic question

I am having a hard time understanding something. What is the reason for producing a v. 04 and v. 1.00 of 10p3? What are the main differences between these versions and previous versions? What is the principle upon which they function? And why do you call them multicurrency pair? I presume you cannot trade multiple currencies with a single instance.

thanks,

autumn

autumnleaves:
I am having a hard time understanding something. What is the reason for producing a v. 04 and v. 1.00 of 10p3? What are the main differences between these versions and previous versions? What is the principle upon which they function? And why do you call them multicurrency pair? I presume you cannot trade multiple currencies with a single instance.

thanks,

autumn

autumn,

The main difference of V0 and V1 is V0 based on fix pipstep(instructed by user), V1 is dynamic pipste. Pipste for V1 is based on indicator instead of fix pipstep. When trading range is wide, the pipstep will automatically adjust to bigger to avoid unwanted escalation. Another main difference is, V0 series only based on MACD, whilst V1 added with stochastics. When stochastic is on 20%, no sell is allowed, whereas if stochastics is at 80%, no buy is allowed. Hope this answer your questions.

Regards

David

Thanks for answers

David,

Yes, that clears up a couple of things. But I wonder if you could comment further:

1. What is the criterion for triggering a trade? Trend? Against trend? Random? How does it differ in v1.0 and v.04 from v.03?

2. What is the role of pipstep?

3. Would it be helpful to be able to optimize the Stochastic limit settings of 20 and 80?

4. What parameters are the most important to optimize?

5. Why is it called multicurrency? I dont think you are hedging, so what is the multicurrency idea?

This information should be helpful in optimization. So far I get terrific returns optimizing on shorter periods with v.04, but on a longer period it crashes the account. I restarted and will see what happens. I tried to optimize v1.0 but nothing happened so I gave up. Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere.

A friend of mine wants to to design a system that enters trades randomly (or based on a moving average or oscillator) during ranging periods. The idea is to take 5 or 10 pips and get out, then enter again repeatedly until the major exchanges open, as long as the pair is ranging and not trending. Is this what 10p3 is designed to do?

thanks again for all your help and generosity

autumn

autumnleaves:
David,

Yes, that clears up a couple of things. But I wonder if you could comment further:

1. What is the criterion for triggering a trade? Trend? Against trend? Random? How does it differ in v1.0 and v.04 from v.03?

2. What is the role of pipstep?

3. Would it be helpful to be able to optimize the Stochastic limit settings of 20 and 80?

4. What parameters are the most important to optimize?

5. Why is it called multicurrency? I dont think you are hedging, so what is the multicurrency idea?

1) 10p3v0.01 ~ 0.04 all trade based on MACD cross over. Cross down sell, cross up buy. V1.0 also trade on cross over, but the criteria has been limitted by Stochstics. When Stochastics at 80%, no buy will be allow, when Stochstics at 20%, no sell will be allow.

2) Pipstep is the PIPS variable. When you set it to 5, every 5 pips decrement of buy positions, there will be an extra trade made with double lot size of the previous lot size. Vice versa, every 5pips increment of sell positions, there will be an extra trade made with double lot sizee of the previous lot size. V0 series are all fix pipstep. When you stated 5, the EA will open trade every 5pips decrement/increment depends on what is the initial position. If you set it to 10, every 10pips it will fire another trade. V1 series, it can be set to auto. It will refer to the Standard Deviation to set the pipstep instead of fix pipstep by the trader. During high volatility, EA will decide to take high pipstep, whereas if market is trading in tight range, EA will decide to take low pipstep. It can happens as follow:

1.5000 - buy 0.01

1.4995 - buy 0.03 -5pips on low volatility

1.4950 - buy 0.09 -45pips on high volatility

1.4880 - buy 0.27 -70pips on very high volatility

All these judement will be based on how many pips the market is moving over the history. This is the general characteristic of V1.00 and above.

3) Definitely will, but I'm affraid an optimization on this part will be made the EA to become over optimized. When overoptimized happens, if market sentimen change, EA unable to cope up with latest market movement. It also can be bias 1 side due to curve fitting on history data. Your optimization report will probably show you no sell under 100% and only buy when 0%. If this is set, the EA will only take buy positions all theway. Check out your chart. EURUSD has been always uptrend since 2006. What happen if EURUSD decided to make a U-Turn on 2008? I wonder all buy EA still survive at this time.

4) Speaking of optimal settings, almost everything is important in the EA. For V0 series, Pipstep/TakeProfit/Pips/Multiplier/Maxtrades is the crusial. Whereas for V1 series, StdDeviation/TakeProfit/Multiplier/Maxtrades.

5) V0.01,V0.02,V0.03 are all tradeable on all currencies. The main difference on MultiCurrency on V0.05/V1.00 compare to the previous 3 versions is these 2 EA can look at all the currency pair at the same time. But it will take up trade as FIFO(First in first out) basis. I give you an example how they differenciate with each others.

V0.03 and earlier version:

USDJPY0.01

EURUSD0.01

GBPUSD0.01

USDJPY0.03

EURUSD0.03

USDJPY0.09

USDJPY0.27

USDJPY0.81

Margin used up - no chance for EURUSD and GBPUSD to continue trading and heading to margin call

V0.04 and V1.00 MultiCurrency:

USDJPY0.01

USDJPY0.03

USDJPY0.09

USDJPY0.27

USDJPY0.81

Closed all USDJPY trades

New opportunity happen on EURUSD

EURUSD0.01

EURUSD0.03

EURUSD0.09

EURUSD0.27

Closed all EURUSD trades

This says, the EA will try to close off all the positions on 1 single currency pair before it take up a trade on others.

Basically this is all about the few version I made. You may need to start studying the thread from page #300 on 10point3.mq4 thread to follow up every single detail if you wish to furthur investigate why those improvement have made. It is very hard for me to explain everything over again. Hope this help.

Regards

David

Reason: