SYNERGY Trading Method - page 32

Hi Adewale, you mentioned that you are using synergy manually and have good results. What is your method ? Specifically; what currency pairs, what chart (hourly, 4hr, ?), and what type of trailing stop and/or limit are you using ? thx mike

cochran1:
Autumn, you might try to pick currencies that are in a strong daily/4hr trend and trade only in that direction. I have been looking at the major currencies on a daily basis and turning on Derk's EA to take only trades with the major trend. See the attachment for an example of the USDCHF and USDCAD. The first chart is the 4hr showing the major trend and the second and third charts are the hourly detail.

The 4hr(and daily) is strong short on the USDCHF so I only take hourly short trades, the 4hr(and daily) is strong long for the USDCAD so I only take hourly long trades. This seems promising if your stop loss is set up correct. thx mike

FYI - The images may take a minute to appear in the attachment.

Hi Cochran1,

May I ask you what your results are like using this semi-automatic method? Which session do you regularly trade?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Chrisstoff, I actually just got started with this method this week so my results are mixed. I have been looking at USDCAD, USDJPY, EURUSD, USDCHF, EURJPY, primarily. If you look at these charts when there is a strong daily/4hr trend, the hourly entry signals seem to be faily solid. I have a variety of stop configurations set on different charts to determine which is best: I have a straight trailing stop of 30, break even at 25 then trail by 25, and then a split order with a limit of 25 then trail by 25 on the second position.

I have had the best luck when I set breakeven at 25 then trial by 25 - I got 125pips on the eurusd using this. I also have got 40-50 pips on the usdjpy and also on the usdchf using the split order where I close the first position at 25 then trail the second position by 25.

I think only time will tell. I am hoping that using this on multiple charts with the right stop/limit will result in overall positive pips. thx mike

cochran1:
Chrisstoff, I actually just got started with this method this week so my results are mixed. I have been looking at USDCAD, USDJPY, EURUSD, USDCHF, EURJPY, primarily. If you look at these charts when there is a strong daily/4hr trend, the hourly entry signals seem to be faily solid. I have a variety of stop configurations set on different charts to determine which is best: I have a straight trailing stop of 30, break even at 25 then trail by 25, and then a split order with a limit of 25 then trail by 25 on the second position.

I have had the best luck when I set breakeven at 25 then trial by 25 - I got 125pips on the eurusd using this. I also have got 40-50 pips on the usdjpy and also on the usdchf using the split order where I close the first position at 25 then trail the second position by 25.

I think only time will tell. I am hoping that using this on multiple charts with the right stop/limit will result in overall positive pips. thx mike

Thanks Mike, for the detailed explanation. I will try to use something similar next week. I think trading 3-5 pairs and harvesting net 20-30 pips per pair as daily average is good enough to live with

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Yes that should be good. The only issue is that the stop in some cases is large when using the opposite PAC, one bad trade could wipe out a couple good trades. Let me know what you decide, maybe we can tag team on different stop settings. thx mike

Reinstall seems to help

I reinstalled everything and the tide appears to have turned. Not sure what was throwing things off, but the exits did not seem to be working properly. We're now on the upside with 7 trades open. Have a good weekend.

autumn

Good news Autumn. Can you paste your EA inputs into a reply so we can see what you are using ? thx mike

Presets and statement

No trouble, Mike. Here are the presets I am using on all 4 pairs, plus the statement for the week. This morning I reinstalled and this seems to have helped. Not sure what the problem was, but we shall see how things work out next week. I might attempt an optimization of Derks Synergy this weekend, although I suspect a supercomputer may be required.

autumn

Files:

Already did an Optimization

autumnleaves:
No trouble, Mike. Here are the presets I am using on all 4 pairs, plus the statement for the week. This morning I reinstalled and this seems to have helped. Not sure what the problem was, but we shall see how things work out next week. I might attempt an optimization of Derks Synergy this weekend, although I suspect a supercomputer may be required. autumn

It's a little further up in this thread.

Optimization

Thanks nondis, I used your optimal settings for my forward testing. But how much data did you test, and with all the settings? Any suggestions for further testing?

autumn

Reason: