SYNERGY Trading Method - page 31

New settings

Thanks Derk,

I have altered the settings as per Nondisclosure's optimization after a drop of over $600 since yesterday on 4 pairs.

One question lingers: does the Indicator have to be attached to the chart in order for the EA to work? If so, do all the settings have to be identical for the EA and Indicator?

thanks for your help.

autumn

TRy manual Indicator

Hello Autumn

If the EA is blowing your demo account, I will employ you to trade with the manual indicator.

Go to the first post and download all the files as instructed.

I'm doing well with this and am also planning to teach others in my locality.

thanks

Trade tutor

OK, I've downloaded, and I am already very familiar with Synergy. What next?

load the template and start trading

autumn,

Load the template from the chart and follow the signal as sent to you by the alert.

thanks

autumnleaves:
Account is now down $435 since Sunday and losing another $619 on open trades with 4 pairs. Please see attached chart GBPJPY and statement. In some cases there are open long and short positions on the same currency. Please advise how to correct this situation. Does anyone have settings that avoid this kind of loss? autumn

I'm betting that the last 2 orders in your chart happened around news releases that affected that pair.

Autumn, you might try to pick currencies that are in a strong daily/4hr trend and trade only in that direction. I have been looking at the major currencies on a daily basis and turning on Derk's EA to take only trades with the major trend. See the attachment for an example of the USDCHF and USDCAD. The first chart is the 4hr showing the major trend and the second and third charts are the hourly detail.

The 4hr(and daily) is strong short on the USDCHF so I only take hourly short trades, the 4hr(and daily) is strong long for the USDCAD so I only take hourly long trades. This seems promising if your stop loss is set up correct. thx mike

FYI - The images may take a minute to appear in the attachment.

Files:
usdchf.doc  668 kb

Go in the direction of daily trend:- that's wisdom

great job bro.,

I will give it a try the following week. i think the chances of taking more pips in hourly chats is to go in the same direction with the daily chart.

Wisdom!

More lossses

Hi guys,

thanks for the sound advice. I suppose I could start a new week in semi manual mode, but I thought that the object of forward testing was to give Derk meaningful data on the performance of the EA in hands-off mode. Anyway, here is the dismal picture after just two days of trading. Let me know if you spot anything that might be amiss. I would sure like to get Derk's machine tuned up and running smoothly.

Thanks for your help and feedback. I'm surprised there are not more people on this thread.

autumn

Use the best setting from nondisclosure optmization

Autumn,

if you are bent on using the EA, I will employ you to select the most profitable setting as listed in nondisclosure result from backtesting. I think that should really help.

Unlike me, I don't need EA because there are factors that will hinder smooth running of EA in my geographical zone.

thanks

to adewale

I am indeed running the highest profit settings from nondisclosure's file, but it seems to me that a profit ratio in the range of 1.6 is not terribly impressive, and I don't think too many manual traders would be very happy with it.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "employ". It seems as if you are offering me a job.

autumn

Reason: