The Only Pivot - page 263

A million Thanks

Tokarus:
Sure, here is the EA. Please note that it works only on H1 timeframe.

Hey Tokarus!

Can't say thank you enough for posting the ea. But is this different from the one posted on the 28th of February by David Willis? That one was called v1.9, but this one is just v1. Any difference? And one more thing; i use NorthFinance which opens at 22.00 GMT. This means the ea may trigger much earlier on my plattform than on a plattform which opens at 0.00GMT. Is there a way to make the ea take the 02.00 candle on my plattform as the opening candle? this would make it behave in the same way as it would on a platform using the 0.00GMT, right?

Please advice on this. Thanks once again.

luvForex:
Hey Tokarus!

Can't say thank you enough for posting the ea. But is this different from the one posted on the 28th of February by David Willis? That one was called v1.9, but this one is just v1. Any difference? And one more thing; i use NorthFinance which opens at 22.00 GMT. This means the ea may trigger much earlier on my plattform than on a plattform which opens at 0.00GMT. Is there a way to make the ea take the 02.00 candle on my plattform as the opening candle? this would make it behave in the same way as it would on a platform using the 0.00GMT, right?

Please advice on this. Thanks once again.

Howzit luvForex,

I understand tht the v1.9 is based on a Daily Pivot. Our new set is based on Session Pivot (there are 3 major sessions within 24-hr trading day: Asian, European and American).

Please note that this EA references corresponding indicator called OnlyPivot_Session (attached file should be copied th the \indicators\ folder). The indicator and the EA have set of parameters defining market opening hours (TYO_open, LON_open, NYC_open). Adjust these parameters to get the pivots aligned to the correct market. Defaults are set to GMT time-zone.

Files:

You're Too Kind

Tokarus:
Howzit luvForex,

I understand tht the v1.9 is based on a Daily Pivot. Our new set is based on Session Pivot (there are 3 major sessions within 24-hr trading day: Asian, European and American).

Please note that this EA references corresponding indicator called OnlyPivot_Session (attached file should be copied th the \indicators\ folder). The indicator and the EA have set of parameters defining market opening hours (TYO_open, LON_open, NYC_open). Adjust these parameters to get the pivots aligned to the correct market. Defaults are set to GMT time-zone.

You have entered my books as a very helpful friend with enough patience to educate and assist. I remain thankful

A new challenge

luvForex:
You have entered my books as a very helpful friend with enough patience to educate and assist. I remain thankful

Hi Tokarus,

I tried manipulating the settings as it appears under "inputs" before attaching Chart. I added +2 to the default settings. I suppose that is the right way to it? Well i thought so,but the previousdayandfloating pivot which came with the original template did not adjust to this setting. Then again, when a cross of 2smma occurred at the 12.00 gmt candle, in what was supposed to be a sell signal, the ea instead took a buy position.

What could have gone wrong? Please help.

We have a sell signal and I am short @ 200.21.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a sell signal and I am short @ 200.21. TimeFreedom

Hi, TF

can you please tell me what is that dotted line on your chart.

thx

The dotted line is a SMA, 10 period, shift 2, Apply to: Weighted Close (HLCC/4), which I have been testing for exits. Like all indicators they are good when the market is trending but not so good in ranging markets.

TimeFreedom

teldon:
Hi, TF

can you please tell me what is that dotted line on your chart.

thx

First short signal closed for -150 pips and then we got a buy signal which also closed for -150 pips. Last trade was a short signal, which closed for +160 pips. -140 pips for the day. Looks like we are giving back most of the January earned pips in the last two months.

Note: Based on my backtest we will have these drawdown periods but at the end of the year we will be ahead.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a sell signal and I am short @ 200.21. TimeFreedom

Not enough hours in a day to try to find the best way to filter out bad signals. I have been experimenting with other ideas trying to lessen the number of stopped out positions, it seems that sometimes they work and other times it does not.... Well, gotta keep chugging along....

It seems to me that the best filter is sound money management (MM).

TimeFreedom

et_phonehome_2:
Not enough hours in a day to try to find the best way to filter out bad signals. I have been experimenting with other ideas trying to lessen the number of stopped out positions, it seems that sometimes they work and other times it does not.... Well, gotta keep chugging along....
Reason: