The Only Pivot - page 262

TimeFreedom:
If you can not attach the EA then you should get an error log file within the \experts folder. Open the log file and let me know what you see? TimeFreedom

Here's what it says:

"2008.03.24 22:04:51 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\55878d1204215652-only-pivot-onlypivot_1_9.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1"

Try deleting the .ex4 file and restart your platform.

TimeFreedom

luvForex:
Here's what it says: "2008.03.24 22:04:51 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\MetaTrader - North Finance\experts\55878d1204215652-only-pivot-onlypivot_1_9.ex4' on the EURUSD,H1"

Tokarus:
Hi all,

I have posted my views on TheOnlyPivot before and I was encouraged to start another thread

Well, I don't intend starting another discussion as this is not my strategy. However, before I move on I wanted to share with you the results that are generated when my ideas are incorporated into Steven Ali's strategy.

The StrategyTester results for current month to date (Mar-08) are too good to be true +50% (see attached picture). I am saying too good to be true, because I don't believe that these results are achievable in the real market, where we are exposed to slippage and other adverse effects. Also, on further inspection it turns out that year to date, this strategy is not profitable.

Having said that, these results are statistically significant, as we had a sample of 88 consecutive trades. Within those 88 trades, the equity grew from $10,000 to $15,595

Just to recap my views, I believe that the Only Pivot should be re-calculated for the three major sessions (Tokyo, London and New York). This is important, as Forex market often changes direction when the sessions overlap and additional opportunities are creates for trading in different markets.

Attached are the MQ4 files for you to test and hopefully refine it further. Big thanks to David Willis, who was kind enough to humor me and modify his indicator and expert advisor for us to be able to test my ideas.

Cheers, Kris

Remember the name OnlyPivot is not an accurate description of the current strategy. It is the open price that is used, to get the signal for the other sessions you can rename the indicators change the colours then use the time shift to create eithe multiple signals on a single chart or on seperate charts. Also what presets are you using, I trade manually looking at other indicators and I find the system to be very good. I only go after 25pips however in a fast moving market I am able to get 60 to 100 pips. I am not afraid to give back to the market so I use a fixed stop and then a trailing stop locking in my 25pips, then off to bed. Not greedy.

We had a sell signal and I was in short @ 200.17. Short trade stopped out for -150 pips.

TimeFreedom

We have a buy signal and I am long @ 200.60.

TimeFreedom

Long trade stopped out for -150 pips. Two consecutive losses in a row and I am done for the day.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am long @ 200.60. TimeFreedom

Spare me a little more of your time please ...

TimeFreedom:
Try deleting the .ex4 file and restart your platform. TimeFreedom

Hey TF,

I appreciate your efforts to help me out here. I am afraid however that it still wouldn't attach. I am worried i have the wrong download. Could you PLEASE post yours? Thanks again, and sorry i'm being such a bother.

knwainwright:
Remember the name OnlyPivot is not an accurate description of the current strategy. It is the open price that is used, to get the signal for the other sessions you can rename the indicators change the colours then use the time shift to create eithe multiple signals on a single chart or on seperate charts. Also what presets are you using, I trade manually looking at other indicators and I find the system to be very good. I only go after 25pips however in a fast moving market I am able to get 60 to 100 pips. I am not afraid to give back to the market so I use a fixed stop and then a trailing stop locking in my 25pips, then off to bed. Not greedy.

Knwainwright,

Yes, I am aware of the discrepancy between the various approaches, and yes you can use shift and produce manual/multiple signals. However, I like to verify strategy consistency and EA is a great tool to do it.

The EA has correct default (pre-)sets for IBFX and Alpari UK. I have not tried it with other borokers.

25 is a great target! Home-runs are very difficult to achieve, unless someone has deep-deep pockets.

Cheers, Kris

Help?

Tokarus:
Knwainwright,

Yes, I am aware of the discrepancy between the various approaches, and yes you can use shift and produce manual/multiple signals. However, I like to verify strategy consistency and EA is a great tool to do it.

The EA has correct default (pre-)sets for IBFX and Alpari UK. I have not tried it with other borokers.

25 is a great target! Home-runs are very difficult to achieve, unless someone has deep-deep pockets.

Cheers, Kris

Hi,

Care to help a newbie? I'm looking for thus ea. The link doesnot seem to have the correct one; won't attach to my chart. Mind posting? Thanks

luvForex:
Hi, Care to help a newbie? I'm looking for thus ea. The link doesnot seem to have the correct one; won't attach to my chart. Mind posting? Thanks

Sure, here is the EA. Please note that it works only on H1 timeframe.

Files:
Reason: