The Only Pivot - page 265

only pivot 2.0

I have made a newer version of the only pivot EA. It isn't much different from 1.9, but I added a few things that have been requested for a while. I am not even sure who wanted them, But I added the BBANDS~1 as an optional filter, and added a trail stop option.

I am also going to attach all of the indicators needed to make this ea work.

I will try and post daily trades for your review. I only trade GBPJPY and here is my MM:

I open with three (0.30) mini lots on 10K standard account. I close one (0.10) mini lot at +50 pips and move the SL on the remaining two (0.20) lots to BE+1 pip. I close one more (0.10) mini lot at +100 pips and move the SL on the last (0.10) lot to BE+50. I close the last lot at +160 pips. The max SL is -100 pips. I will usually get a reversed signal before hitting the SL.

Note: Enclosed you will find an EA that manages trades by setting the TP and moves the SL automatically. Be very careful with this EA because you need to reset it after each trade. I have also included a preset file. This EA Does Not Place Trades! You have to Place the Trades Manually.

Note: The MTP_1.8 EA goes in the\experts folder. The preset file goes into the \experts\presets folder and the sound files go into the \sounds folder.

Edit: Uploaded MTP manual. Also, I am no longer using top_50_100_160_max100 anymore I have decide that I want less exposure and now use top_50_110_max75.

Edit2: Uploaded new version, MTP_1.8, which fixes a few minor bugs. The bug fixes were done by SwingMan.

TimeFreedom

New Version of MTP_1.8

A new version of MTP has now been uploaded with a few bug fixes, which were coded by SwingMan. You can find the link to MTP_1.8 within my signature.

Sorry, but I do not code and don't have the know-how to code your ideas.

TimeFreedom

jbfx:
TF,

I'm really impressed with your MTP program. Looks like a great tool for the manual traders on whatever strategy they are testing. I think the hardest part of manual trading is the need to sleep, so this tool might give some relief to those not using an EA to trade.

Is there any way to modify the MTP to be semi-automatic? Like using a chandelier stop on the 2nd unit after the 1st unit has hit its target. Or like using a dynamic target tp instead of a static one, like x pips from moving average.

I ran a few quick backtests of BF and WF1 and based on the backtest the Original performed better. I will have to revisit the results because I would rather make less profits and have less DD vs. making more profits and having more DD. Let's not get discouraged with the performance from Original OnlyPivot just yet.

TimeFreedom

Big Joe:
Don't you think to follow the results of other versions, like the buffer filter and the weekly filter ? Does someone look at these ?

All your work and efforts are greatly appreciated. I will start testing the new version tomorrow.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
I have made a newer version of the only pivot EA. It isn't much different from 1.9, but I added a few things that have been requested for a while. I am not even sure who wanted them, But I added the BBANDS~1 as an optional filter, and added a trail stop option. I am also going to attach all of the indicators needed to make this ea work.

We have a buy signal and I am long @ 199.38.

TimeFreedom

Well All Uniformed

Hi TimeFreedom,

Anyway, all position made by EA are uniformed.

I've got 2 real accounts and 2 demo accounts, both are consist of mini and standards.

They are almost the same with its each position.

Depends on the tick and price moving.

Price positions are ranging from 199.34 up to 199.39.

The one with the VPS plot 199.39.

The others with our local internet connection are varies.

OK let's see.

Buy trade was stopped out for -150 pips.

TimeFreedom

TimeFreedom:
We have a buy signal and I am long @ 199.38. TimeFreedom

+196 pips manually

This systems rocks , keep it simple and win

Hi TimeFreedom and David Willis

I've got an idea!

But it is perhaps needed your wisdom as well as this one...

How if we change our taking position with just setting the EA starts at 00:00 but EA only can open position at certain point away from daily open price.

For example, after time comes to 00:00, and G/J price is (example) 198.00, EA should wait until price goes (example) 50 points away. It could be for buy, if touching 198.50 or sell when comes to 197.50. And the rest of it, could follow our existing EA's, especially for stepping TPs and SLs.

Maybe David could help with this one.

Nice day anyway...

Reason: