is there a pivot point indicator with adjustable time settings?

Hello forum, I like trading a market where the main day session is far more meaningful when it comes to determining pivot levels, than using the entire 24 hour market period.

That is, I always manually calculate pivot levels based on previous day session open,high, low, close etc

Just wondering if there is an indicator where it is possible to adjust the start and end point of the period in which you would like the pivot calculations performed as opposed to the 24 hour cycle which I presume is the standard approach.

Alternately would it be possible to specify time range:open, high, low closes etc other than daily and substitute them into an existing code

any advice appreciated

davep

pullend:

Hello forum, I like trading a market where the main day session is far more meaningful when it comes to determining pivot levels, than using the entire 24 hour market period.

That is, I always manually calculate pivot levels based on previous day session open,high, low, close etc

Just wondering if there is an indicator where it is possible to adjust the start and end point of the period in which you would like the pivot calculations performed as opposed to the 24 hour cycle which I presume is the standard approach.

Alternately would it be possible to specify time range:open, high, low closes etc other than daily and substitute them into an existing code

any advice appreciated

davep

What you are doing manually choose a time for calculating the open high low close why shouldn't it be possible to make that ??? With that high low close you can calculate the pivot the supports and resistances too This moment i help someone with his pivot indicator at Jobs . If you want me to do it for you also then you can ask me there. But if you want someone else to do it there you can ask there also...

Also you can trie to do it yourself

first you have to do is define the period and calculate from that period the high low close

So do you wanna code .... then begin with trieing to do it

As you know we are helping here with coding... and that's all

pullend:

any advice appreciated

davep

This might help you some: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139815

deVries:

What you are doing manually choose a time for calculating the open high low close why shouldn't it be possible to make that ??? With that high low close you can calculate the pivot the supports and resistances too This moment i help someone with his pivot indicator at Jobs . If you want me to do it for you also then you can ask me there. But if you want someone else to do it there you can ask there also...

Also you can trie to do it yourself

first you have to do is define the period and calculate from that period the high low close

So do you wanna code .... then begin with trieing to do it

As you know we are helping here with coding... and that's all

thanks deVries, it was not my intent to ask you to code something for me

but you have given me the answer

I was missing the obvious, I can adapt existing code and just specify the time range and raptor's link helps me work out how to do it

I think I was over-complicating the approach

thanks

davep

RaptorUK:
This might help you some: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/139815

thanks Raptor, exactly the help I needed

cheers davep

Reason: