The Only Pivot - page 261

Sorry, for the confusion. Please disregard my previous post then.

TimeFreedom

davidwillis:
I think the problem was due to easter they didn't open as early today. I show the server time is still the same, and equal to GMT time. But if you want to open 1 hour later, you can just change the start time to 1. That way it will use 1:00 server time as the start time, and open the first trades at 2:00 server time

Ea Won't Attach!

Hi all.

I'm very new here. Got attracted to this thread (which i actually followed from Forex factory) and started using the system. It's been very profitable so far and i must say abig thank you to the guys who put in their efforts to work on it and share.

I however do have problems with the ea(v1.9); I have downloaded it into my expert advisors (on both NF and IBFX plattform), but it refuses to attach; am i doing something wrong? Please help me.

Thanks again.

We had a buy signal and I got in long @ 197.62 using David's EA v1.9. Closed out buy trade for +51 pips.

TimeFreedom

Please make sure you are copying the EA into the \\experts directory?

TimeFreedom

luvForex:
Hi all.

I'm very new here. Got attracted to this thread (which i actually followed from Forex factory) and started using the system. It's been very profitable so far and i must say abig thank you to the guys who put in their efforts to work on it and share.

I however do have problems with the ea(v1.9); I have downloaded it into my expert advisors (on both NF and IBFX plattform), but it refuses to attach; am i doing something wrong? Please help me.

Thanks again.

hi timefreedom

i like your chart colors ......can you tell me which colors for bars and background have you selected ???

thanks

guenther

Here you go. My default chart template with no indicators.

TimeFreedom

forex2006:
hi timefreedom

i like your chart colors ......can you tell me which colors for bars and background have you selected ???

thanks

guenther
Files:
h1_top_01.tpl  1 kb

Did just that

TimeFreedom:
Please make sure you are copying the EA into the \\experts directory? TimeFreedom

Thanks TF for your your reply. I indeed copied as you said; the icon shows on the experts but won't attach. Maybe i didn't copy right?

If you can not attach the EA then you should get an error log file within the \experts folder. Open the log file and let me know what you see?

TimeFreedom

luvForex:
Thanks TF for your your reply. I indeed copied as you said; the icon shows on the experts but won't attach. Maybe i didn't copy right?

The Only Pivot - SESSIONS

Hi all,

I have posted my views on TheOnlyPivot before and I was encouraged to start another thread

Well, I don't intend starting another discussion as this is not my strategy. However, before I move on I wanted to share with you the results that are generated when my ideas are incorporated into Steven Ali's strategy.

The StrategyTester results for current month to date (Mar-08) are too good to be true +50% (see attached picture). I am saying too good to be true, because I don't believe that these results are achievable in the real market, where we are exposed to slippage and other adverse effects. Also, on further inspection it turns out that year to date, this strategy is not profitable.

Having said that, these results are statistically significant, as we had a sample of 88 consecutive trades. Within those 88 trades, the equity grew from $10,000 to $15,595

Just to recap my views, I believe that the Only Pivot should be re-calculated for the three major sessions (Tokyo, London and New York). This is important, as Forex market often changes direction when the sessions overlap and additional opportunities are creates for trading in different markets.

Attached are the MQ4 files for you to test and hopefully refine it further. Big thanks to David Willis, who was kind enough to humor me and modify his indicator and expert advisor for us to be able to test my ideas.

Cheers, Kris

One more thing, please

Hi.

I just noted a disparity between the ea i downloaded and the one that appeared on your attached chart. Yours said: "onlypivot_david_v1.9", while the one from which i downloaded said something different. Could you please be kind enough to attach the one you currently use? Thanks.

My broker opens two hours before GMT 0.00; would this affect the ea? Are there adjustments or modifications that could be made on the inputs of the ea to make it respond to 02.00, instead of 0.00 on my broker's platform? (since 02.00 on this plattform is the equivalent of 0.00 gmt)

Thanks again for your kindness.

Reason: