PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 92

Those DDs are cause by recovery orders that failed to take profit.

Like I said, is a risky method and is not recommended.

Find some settings that work without placing recovery orders (see my last test where max DD was 19%)

Pipmaker v13

Hi, Enforer,

"Find some settings that work without placing recovery orders."

Could you give some examples?

Thanks. -forexjim

Hi, Enforcer

You are great man, make good responses with patience and good work, you have my respect.

My question is ,is your strategy test showing 19% drawdown was the result of optimization or some sort of setting you feel comfort about it without fitting? My only concern is that a good setting turn out to be a lose one.I have tested and changed quite a lot of times and quite a lot of ea,what I can prove is that the optimized setting for a certain period seems by fatal will be a losing strategy when applied to a different period. this really bothers me. I know there is no answer or solution to this problem. probably I jump into conclusion too quick, but, it seems to me logical that trading strategy is subject to parameter risks if using indicators. I still didn't try any other approach yet,but, feel certainly stucked in middle. what do you think?

Sorry for my hard English, it is not my native language.

I appreciate all the thing you've done for this thread. thank you very much

Enforcer:
ok, here is v13

Added money management - will calculate lot size, lot increment and profit target.

Default lot size is 0.1% of balance. If MicroAccount=true lot size is decreased by 10 (0.01 instead of 0.1)

Lot increment is default lot size. If calculated lot is 0.02, 2nd lot will be 0.04, 3rd wil be 0.06, 4th will be 0.08 and so on.

Reworked CCI to be effective trigger - will trigger based on +/- level

Replaced DPO with TMA - triple moving average - a little better

Changed max loss to trigger based on account percent.

Reverted trade direction back to default to avoid confusion.

This is a back test for year 2008

StrategyTestReport

As you can see, LossManagement is turned off and max drawdown is 19.61% while profit is over 50% on 3 moths.

Using a lower spacing and disabling CCI will increase both profit rate and risk.

Please don't ask me what each option do since are already explained inside EA file.

Also I can't provide best settings since those must be find according to your broker, pair traded and personal preferences.

everic:
Hi, Enforcer

You are great man, make good responses with patience and good work, you have my respect.

My question is ,is your strategy test showing 19% drawdown was the result of optimization or some sort of setting you feel comfort about it without fitting? My only concern is that a good setting turn out to be a lose one.I have tested and changed quite a lot of times and quite a lot of ea,what I can prove is that the optimized setting for a certain period seems by fatal will be a losing strategy when applied to a different period. this really bothers me. I know there is no answer or solution to this problem. probably I jump into conclusion too quick, but, it seems to me logical that trading strategy is subject to parameter risks if using indicators. I still didn't try any other approach yet,but, feel certainly stucked in middle. what do you think?

Sorry for my hard English, it is not my native language.

I appreciate all the thing you've done for this thread. thank you very much

I know what you mean, it seem no EA will run for long, still PipMaker is one of the very few that have decent results, that's why I try to improve it.

BTW, "price action based" is a stupid expression, EVERYTHING is price based

No matter what EA or indicators are used, market conditions will never be predicted.

So any EA, even paid EAs will fail at some point.

But is also available for manual trading, right? No trader can make good trades forever.

A EA must be based on something to trade: indicators.

Are those reliable? Depends... I doubt any indicator will ever be good enough.

Using more indicators can improve things, using too many or too less will be worse...

ok, if set very strict conditions may have less losing trades but also very few trades or no trades at all.

I saw many "long strategy" EA that make 5 trades per year if lucky.

But also those can fail... so it look like a closed circle...no trades = no money, trades = risk, everybody wants gain without risk....

So, it seem best way is to use lowest risk possible, have a daily profit target, never be greed and try to get more, cut loses early and tune EA to current period, weekly at least.

A universal EA that trade any pair any amount of time without losing and made a steady profit is an utopia.

Enforcer:
I know what you mean, it seem no EA will run for long, still PipMaker is one of the very few that have decent results, that's why I try to improve it.

A universal EA that trade any pair any amount of time without losing and made a steady profit is an utopia.

I totally agree with Enforcer, I back tested Pipmaker (v10, v12) all failed within 3 months. I don't know anything about programming so just go test it.

But this EA really works good in real account, with setting adjustments from time to time.

My utmost respect to Don_Forex, Neo, Enforcer, and everyone that contributes in creating and improving this EA.

I have used this EA for 1 month (in March) in a USD 500 live account with good result. Attached is the last page of my monthly statement.

The first 3 weeks i used V10, and switched to V12 in the last week.

V10 made good profit but, as the nature of this EA, gives a big DD that forced me to deposit another USD 200 to prevent a stop out (withdraw again in a few days as the situation improved).

The situation was fixed by V12, using reversed trend and profit mode 1 that opened new orders and creates good averaging thus save the losing positions quite fast.

What I'm trying to say is that we have to watch the progress of this EA, and let's say we use trend direction and the DD is big because the BUY orders are too high price and the SELL orders are too low price, by switching the setting to reverse will open BUY orders at low price and SELL orders at high price, and we end up in a better situation. (Great work Enforcer for making the option to reverse direction!!)

Changing settings cannot be done during back testing, so that's why I think we always get bad result in tests.

cheers,

rian2008

Files:

First off let me say thanks to everyone who has worked on this EA, it has been alot of fun reading and playing with settings and learning about it.

Now to the main reason for this post. I seem to come across a weird event. I dont know if its a bug or if the program is working as intended but no amount of settings changing will fix it for me.

It will happen most of the time during a strong trend up or down. For instance im seeing it on a live account right now where it currently sold, then bought and now its trending up so instead of being content with the buy order its proceeding to make massive amounts of sell orders. I have seen this happen in some of the back testing and for the life of me cannot figure out why.

If anyone can shed some light into this it would be much appreciated. I can also provide more info on what i am seeing if you do not understand it.

v13 bug found.

Hi Enforcer,

i have found a bug in versio 13 .

this bug was found as below:

int RecoveryOrders(int RecTotal=0)

{

int cnt;

for(cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++)

{

if (OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES))

{

if(OrderMagicNumber() == Reference * 2 && OrderComment()=="Rec" && OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

RecTotal++;

}

}

}

return (RecTotal);

}

It should be correct as follow :

int RecoveryOrders(int RecTotal=0)

{

int cnt;

int nCount = 0 ;

for(cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++)

{

if (OrderSelect(cnt, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES))

{

if(OrderMagicNumber() == Reference * 2 && OrderComment()=="Rec" && OrderSymbol()==Symbol())

{

nCount++;

}

}

}

return (nCount);

}

is it correct ? sorry for my bad english.

Most likely correct is

int RecoveryOrders()

{

int RecTotal=0;

int cnt;

because we don't need to pass any variable, all we need is to return number of recovery orders.

any updated EA

Hi all,

Would you please tell me if pipmaker 13 can live trade gbp/jpy,gbp/usd,GOLD?

Seems TF h30 will be perfect to trade volatile pairs,

how's your test performance live with it?

tks

daniel

Enforcer:
TMA is not external indicator.

i-trend is posted here

@zacharakis

You can set CCI to any level you desire

Thanks, good work!

Reason: