PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 95

forexjim:
Hi Enforcer,

Could you please look at the following result from v13_2 with varyspacing? Could it be that spacing is decreasing but the lot size is not incrementing?

Thank you.

forexjim

Fixed.

Added to comments spacing values to be easy to see.

Download from initial post

PipMakerv13_2

Give it a try

extern int VarySpacing = 0; //default Spacing will increase or decrease by number of orders, separate for buy and sell. 1 to increase, -1 to decrease, 0 to disable

extern int VaryTrendSpacing = 0; //default TrendSpacing will increase or decrease by number of orders, separate for buy and sell. 1 to increase, -1 to decrease, 0 to disable

Nothing else changed.

Files:

Pipmaker v13_2

Enforcer:
Fixed.

Added to comments spacing values to be easy to see.

Download from initial post

Hi Enforcer,

Thank you so much for the fixing! Will backtest again.

Best,

forexjim

I know is not much help that kind of increasing spacing, but wasn't my idea

I was thinking about such indicator and also I think RSI will be more suitable than CCI.

About DD you have, maybe if you switch to ProfitMode=2 (Global Close) when is starting to lose to much may help.

I'll make some tests soon, maybe I'll find a better combination of indcators.

for me adding volatility indicator will decrease the DD

Hi everybody. First thanks Enforcer and everyone who helped to create V13. I am deep impressed. This EA is one of my favorite now. My opinion about V13_2 is that you`ll never get good results with this kind of increasing/decreasing spacing. The only way to improve V13 and decrease the DrawDown is adding volatility indicator. Rising volatility must increase the spacing, maybe cci_trigger also must be managed. The opposite: calm down volatility must decrease the spacing.

I think one classical volatility indicator like Bollinger Bands with standart settings (20,2,close) will be good enough. I believe this indicator. Also Bollinger Bands must work in the same TF as CCI, else will react too slowly if working in bigger TF.

This EA allows to be auto optimized just with one volatility indicator compared with thousands of others EA where this is impossible. Enforcer, I appreciate your attention.

For example if you use my settings from the tester below you`ll double your money every month. Unfortunately sometimes when the market is under influence of important fundamental news volatility is rising extremely and it results like big DrawDowns in the chart below. It means that in this moment if your account balance is not enough you are going to lose your money. Avoid trading on the market when important fundamental news are coming can help but not always. For example I remember last year when unexpected comment of some China`s financial expert cause unexpected huge selling of dollars when he said that China will change their USD reserves in pack of other currencies because of the weak dollar. (China has the biggest USD reserve in the world).

So if the rising volatility is increasing the spacing – it will decrease the number of open positions against the trend and will decrease the DrawDowns. That’s my expectation. Thanks for your attention.

Tester period: 3th march 08 - 17 april 08, GBPUSD/M5, Initial deposit=10000

TradeShort=true, TradeLong=true, UseTMA=false, UseCCI=true, CCI period=5, CCI_lenght=34, CCI_trigger=13, Use_iTrend=true, i_Trend_period=15, ReverseDirection=true, MoneyManagement=true, MicroAccount=true, MaximumRisk=1, LotSize=0.01, LotIncrement=0.01, Multiplier=1, ProfitTarget=10, ProfitMode=1, SL=999, OpenOnTick=0, Spacing=15, TrendSpacing=15, CounterTrendMultiplier=1, MaxBuy/Sell orders=10, Allow recovery=false

Files:

Hi Enforcer,

The varyspacing works now (see attached). Thank you so much. I will play with it to see if DD could be controlled.

Many thanks again. -forexjim

Files:

the effective way to minimize the DrawDown is using proper indicators which can give such a nice signal whether it is safe or not (from DD) to place an order.

so, this is what Enforcer try to find out now... amazing job !

perhaps Stochastic indi would do a great job for this, just my opinion.

avoid to trade when such important news occur is another way to reduce the possibility of DD, but that means we have to input the lists of any important news time for each pair in a text file.

anyway, i've just do some backtest using only one indicator (only Use_iTrend set to true), it gives more impressive results, with DD minimalized.

awesome job you've done Enforcer !!

Well, tests need time, cannot be done over night...

Using to many indicators or too restrictive just lead to a lower profit and increased DD, or if DD if lowered under 10% then profit is nothing...

About news time, it will be a bit too much to implement a full calendar, but a easier is to implement a weekly scheduler and all you have to do is to to input for each day non-trading interval at start of new week.

mastoto:
avoid to trade when such important news occur is another way to reduce the possibility of DD, but that means we have to input the lists of any important news time for each pair in a text file.

I think, this is impossible, or? Thanks enforcer and @ all for this great job here.

No, is not impossible, but will need a list to edit and maintain, while with weekly scheduler will be easier.

Besides, right now we need to find a way to reduce DD while keep profit ratio as high as possible...

Reason: