PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 162

When has occured the last big draw down. It seems that in august 2008, the system is blowing up the account. How is possible to foresee such situations ?

david.petard:
When has occured the last big draw down. It seems that in august 2008, the system is blowing up the account. How is possible to foresee such situations ?

Crystal ball?

It seem only way is to cut loses at certain loss percent...

Do you have a strategy to cut loss at the right time ?

That's hard to say...

Cut loses at level you feel is too much for you...

I say to cut losses at 30% percent... but is up to you what level to choose.

Also you can wait if trend seem to stop and wait for reversal....

Have you evaluated something like:

Initial Capital: 1'000

place 100 on an account

when you win 50%, withdraw 25%

add 25% to initial position

when account is blowned, restart with 100.

Sure, can work this way, but 1000$ is very low for this type of strategy unless you have so called nano lot from your broker.

Also can withdraw profit on monthly basis until recover initial deposit then start to withdraw a percent and other percent to capitalize...

Since 1999 how often the system blows the account ? i've made test from 2007-01 to 2009-06 and it happens once. What about previous year ?

david.petard:
Since 1999 how often the system blows the account ? i've made test from 2007-01 to 2009-06 and it happens once. What about previous year ?

No idea... never go that far, try yourself

Anyway, one wipe in 3 years is reasonable.

blown the account?!

If we want to keep our money on not the system blow our account, I think we should add trading hours to the system.

This wont let the system trade in the volatile sessions.

What do you think?

aqz

Like I said, avoid news, avoid trends, trade in range market, and , as some people using it on real accounts, trade during Asian session...

Reason: