Trouble with EMA Cross

I am not seeing the results everyone else is seeing through backtesting and in my demo account. Backtesting shows a deposit of $10000 that gets traded down to -9000. In my demo, same results.

What am I doing wrong? I attached the EA on the daily chart. I couldn't never get the indicator to attach though. Can someone help me out or explain why I am seeing such different results?

Try to optimize the settings and backtest with 90% every tick using uptimized settings.

Thanks Newdigital. That worked. I still can't get the indicators to work though. At least this EA is finally showing some profit. Do you know how I can up the number of trades it makes? I am backtesting for 2 years so far and only about 50 trades are being made.

Thanks alot for you reply!

Trade It:
Thanks Newdigital. That worked. I still can't get the indicators to work though. At least this EA is finally showing some profit. Do you know how I can up the number of trades it makes? I am backtesting for 2 years so far and only about 50 trades are being made. Thanks alot for you reply!

It is subject of the timeframe and period of EMAs.

For example: your EA will trade more often if you are using H1 (instead of D1) and EMA11/EMA21 instead of EMA5/EMA55 fro example.

Try to optimize the periods of EMAs.

Besides as we know any EAs based on MA or EMA crossing can not be stable with profit with the same settings. It means that you will need to change the settings to new settings every half a year, or every month - depends on timeframe you are using. But it is optional. I mean the following: it is very difficult for find good settings for EMA crossing EA to be the same one for 2 years for example. ! year may be enough. But it depends on timeframe also.

hi

newdigital:
It is subject of the timeframe and period of EMAs.

For example: your EA will trade more often if you are using H1 (instead of D1) and EMA11/EMA21 instead of EMA5/EMA55 fro example.

Try to optimize the periods of EMAs.

Besides as we know any EAs based on MA or EMA crossing can not be stable with profit with the same settings. It means that you will need to change the settings to new settings every half a year, or every month - depends on timeframe you are using. But it is optional. I mean the following: it is very difficult for find good settings for EMA crossing EA to be the same one for 2 years for example. ! year may be enough. But it depends on timeframe also.

Hi,

ND ...Which one is the best using MA or EMA cross ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

I've been testing this EMA cross. I can't get the results the others are getting. I thought I would try it since it had a pretty good win rate. I am new to using EAs so I thought it couldn't hurt testing it out.

I've been trading manually, but want to automate my trading but I have no idea right now how to develop an EA for myself and use my rules.

Thanks for the info on having to change the moving averages. I didn't even think about that.

Looking for MA and OsMA EA

Hey everybody, quick question:

1. Anybody have an EA that will go long when two MAs cross going up and short when they cross going down?

2. Anybody have an EA that will go long when OSMA crosses above 0 and short when it goes below 0?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

prasxz:
Hi,

ND ...Which one is the best using MA or EMA cross ?

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

For manual trading I prefer SMA. But it is also related to the system.

As to EAs so MA crossing (or EMA crossing) EAs are good to have some profit. But those kind EAs are not as "set-and-forget" ones: it is necessary to check the settings, optimize the settings regularly, check market condition and so on.

For example, you know good setting for IBFX for some EMA crossing EA you are using. And if I use Alpari broker so I will have to optimize your settings with Alpari to get my settings. And performance of those kind of EAs are depending on market condition as well.

Basicly there are two groups of traders: 'Ichimoku indicator' traders and 'MA indicators' traders. They are in competition between each other. So, the performance of MA (or EMA) crossing systems are similar with Ichimoku systems and that is why those groups of traders will always be in competition discussing what is the best or better to use.

MA (or EMA) crossing EAs are not "set-and-forget" EAs concerning the settings and everything and it is too many exercises for me as I always do not have any time at all so I am looking for something more simple: just to attach to the chart and forget for 1 week for example.

EMA crossing EAs or systems are not so simple to trade as people are thinking about.

i do

I do hops it did

EMA Crossover EA need help in programing

Dear team in TSD,

I have an EA for EMA crossover it suppose when cross signal come in other side close the open position and open with the new cross but some times its do close the open position but ignore to open then new position...

I think this problem to be resolved if any programmer add third MA to the list... IDK.

u posted a ex4, no one can edit it.

Reason: