Universal MA Cross EA - page 126

hi Dave

Can we include Hull MA as an option

Thanks

Hi,

Ive read most of the 126 pages

Can someone please upload the latest complete version of the Universal MA Cross EA with all mods...the current working version. 

Ive read over the 126 pages, and there numorous versions to test... Im very interested in using this EA, please upload the latest?

Thanks.

Hello Dave,

I downloaded v. 8.1 and when I compiled it, had 3 errors and 24 Warnings. I sorted out the Errors, but have not had time to attend to the Warnings though.

If there is a newer version, I would love to have access to it.

My problem though is that it does not trade! I have everything checked including setting all the AutoTrading parameters.

Any help from anyone will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you sincerely,

David Michael:

I try to make an EA for any Moving Average Cross strategy, try to make it universal. So please let me know should you have any suggestion to add to this EA.

Common Setting :

-----------------

StopLoss (default 100)

Set your Stop Loss. Use 0 (zero) if you don't like to use Stop Loss ( not recommended ).

TakeProfit (default 200)

Set your Take Profit. Use 0 (zero) if you like to use open target.

Trailing Stop Setting :

----------------------

ver.6 TrailingStopType (default 1)

Set trailing stop type. 1:will start trailing if profit in pips is greater / same with TrailingStop. 2:will start trailing as soon as trade in profit. (will add other type of trailing stop if suggested, latest suggestion is SafeZone trailing stop post #99 https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general )

TrailingStop (default 40)

Set the Trailing Stop. Use 0 (zero) if you don't use trailing stop feature.

Moving Average Setting :

------------------------

FastMAPeriod (default 10)

Fast Moving Average Period.

FastMAType (default EMA / 1)

Fast Moving Average Type 0:SMA 1:EMA 2:SMMA 3:LWMA

FastMAPrice (default Close / 0)

Fast Moving Average Applied Price 0:Close 1:Open 2:High 3:Low 4:Median 5:Typical 6:Weighted

ver.7.2 FastMAshift (default 0)

Fast Moving Average Shift

SlowMAPeriod (default 80)

Slow Moving Average Period.

SlowMAType (default EMA / 1)

Slow Moving Average Type 0:SMA 1:EMA 2:SMMA 3:LWMA

SlowMAPrice (default Close / 0)

Slow Moving Average Applied Price 0:Close 1:Open 2:High 3:Low 4:Median 5:Typical 6:Weighted

ver.7.2 FastMAshift (default 0)

Slow Moving Average Shift

Minimum Cross Distance :

------------------------

ver.2 MinCrossDistance (default 0)

Set the pip distance between FastMA and SlowMA to be consider as a valid cross. Use 0 (zero) to disable this filter.

ver.7 MaxLookUp (default 1)

Set number of bar after the cross to keep checking on the entry condition in regards with the minimum distance between FastMA and SlowMA. Need MinCrosDistance > 0 to enable this feature. Use 0 (zero) to disable this feature.

Exit Setting :

-------------

StopAndReverse (default true)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade and reverse position when signal change.

PureSAR (default false)

If set to TRUE, will use no Stop Loss - Take Profit - and Trailing Stop. This is always in play setting.

ver.7.2 ExitOnCross (default false)

If set to TRUE, will exit any trade if there is an opposite cross without consider any additional filter. So exit purely base on moving average cross.

Third MA Setting :

------------------

ver.5 UseThirdMA (default false)

If set to TRUE (and UseCounterTrend = FALSE), will only trade according to ThirdMA direction, above for BUY and below for SELL.

ver.5 UseCounterTrend (default false)

If set to TRUE will keep trade even if counter ThirdMA direction, but with different StopLoss and TakeProfit. Need UseThirdMA = TRUE to enable this feature.

ver.7 OnlyCounterTrend (default false)

If set to TRUE will set the EA only to trade counter trend trade, mean BUY if cross below ThirdMA and SELL if cross above ThirdMA. Need UseCounterTrend = TRUE to enable this feature.

ver.5 ThirdMAPeriod (defaul 100)

Third Moving Average Period.

ver.5 ThirdMAType (default EMA / 1)

Third Moving Average Type 0:SMA 1:EMA 2:SMMA 3:LWMA

ver.5 ThirdMAPrice (default Close / 0)

Third Moving Average Applied Price 0:Close 1:Open 2:High 3:Low 4:Median 5:Typical 6:Weighted

ver.7.2 ThridMAshift (default 0)

Third Moving Average Shift

ver.5 CTStopLoss (default 0)

Set your Stop Loss for CounterTrend trade. Use 0 (zero) if you don't like to use Stop Loss ( not recommended ).

ver.5 CTTakeProfit (default 0)

Set your Take Profit for CounterTrend trade. Use 0 (zero) if you like to use open target.

Pivot Filter Setting :

-------------------

ver.8.0 Use.Pivot.Filter (default false)

Set to true if you like to filter the trade, only BUY if the cross of Slow and Fast MA occur between S1 and S2 and only SELL if the cross of Slow and Fast MA occur between R1 and R2.

Order Setting :

--------------

ReverseCondition (default false)

Set TRUE to reverse the entry condition.

ver.3 ConfirmedOnEntry (default true)

If set to TRUE, will enter/exit trade on the next bar after the cross confirmed. If set to FALSE, will enter/exit trade as soon as there is a cross.

ver.4 OneEntryPerBar (default true)

If set to TRUE, will only trade once on one bar. If set to FALSE, will trade more than once on one bar if the entry condition is still valid, although still one trade at a time.

NumberOfTries (default 5)

Number of try if the order rejected by the system.

Slippage (default 5)

Slippage setting.

MagicNumber (default 1234)

Use to generate Magic Number. Change this number ONLY if you like to run the EA on same pair and same time frame but with different setting.

Multiple Open Trade Setting :

-----------------------------

ver.5 MaxOpenTrade (default 2)

Number of maximum open trade at one time. This setting is use when StopAndReverse / PureSAR = FALSE so the EA won't close the open order when there is an opposite signal, but rather it will open a new trade. Set the number of open trade allowed. If StopAndReverse / PureSAR = TRUE this setting will always = 1, mean one trade at a time.

ver.6 MinPriceDistance (default 5)

If multiple open trade enable (by set MaxOpenOrder>1 and OneEntryPerBar=FALSE) this number will determine the minimum distance between each trade on same direction.

Time Filter Setting :

-------------------

UseHourTrade (default false)

If set to TRUE, the EA only active on certain time.

StartHour (default 10)

Time when the EA start active (use with UseHourTrade = TRUE).

EndHour (default 11)

Time when the EA stop active (use with UseHourTrade = TRUE).

Lot and Money Management Setting :

------------------------------------

Lots (default 1)

Number of lot per trade.

MM (default false)

If set to TRUE, will use build in money management.

AccountIsMicro (default false)

If using Micro Account set this to TRUE.

Risk (default 10)

Use with MM = TRUE to set the risk per trade.

Cross Alert Setting :

--------------------

ver.5 EnableAlert (default true)

Will sound an alert when there is a moving average cross, cross UP or cross DOWN.

ver.5 SoundFilename (default "alert.wav")

The filename for the alert.

BackTest Setting :

------------------

PrintControl (default true)

Print some comment on backtesting.

Show_Settings (default true)

Show setting on the chart.

Let me know if you still got problem with the setting. Thank you to codersguru and pengie for several partial code. Hope this help

Journal :

-----------

version.6 :

- fixed ConfirmedOnEntry bug.

- add immediate trailing stop.

- add MinPriceDistance for multiple open trade.

version.7 :

- add MaxLookUp feature to keep checking on the entry after certain bar from the cross regarding the MinCrossDistance.

- add OnlyCounterTrend feature if using ThirdMA filter.

version.7.1 :

- fixed MinCrossDistance bug.

version.7.2 :

- fixed MinCrossDistance bug for ConfirmedOnEntry = FALSE.

- add MA shift parameter.

- add ExitOnCross feature.

version.7.3 :

- fixed on screen display COMMENT.

version.8.0 :

- added Pivot Filter.

version.8.1 :

- revised some code because Build 206 bugs.

is there any .mq5 version? thak you

Hercs van Wyk:

DAtradr:

Guys,

Working updated versions of Universal MA Cross EA are here on page 110: 

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174086/page110

Was updated ny user Mladen Rakic.

Big thanks for him.

Version 8.1 (newest)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174086/page110#comment_4247721

Version 5

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174086/page110#comment_4247723

Version with martingale

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174086/page110#comment_4247725

Cheers :)

dompetku:
is there any .mq5 version? thak you
Unfortunately not.
Universal MA Cross EA
Universal MA Cross EA
  • www.mql5.com
I try to make an EA for any Moving Average Cross strategy, try to make it universal...

hi, can you have the same strategy but with only one moving average?

Hi. When I put a negative value in MA shift, the EA stop functioning. I mean it does not take orders anymore.

Can somebody modify the EA so it can take negative values on shift?

Thank you in advance!

Hi, I’m currently going through the optimisation process in mt4 for this EA. . Has anyone got a set file I could use to help me out . My most robust setting is a stop loss of 5 pips with a 45- 50 pip target  with a drawdown currently at around 5% and it’s on the 5 min timeframe. Still learning what some of the configurable inputs are and how they impact the results . If someone could share their set file with me I would appreciate it 

I am reading the code and understand why some thing this EA will not work. If you set it up to Reverse trend and the EA just keeps crossing this is a big cost issue.

Still debugging and turning things off / tailoring this for my use, but there are issues with the calculations of a Stop Loss and Take Profits on 5 digit and 2 digit decimals.

I think this is a great start to an EMA Cross EA but needs to be tailored to your specifications.

I have seen where small orders open for no reason and I am trying to figure it out.  I am starting to log everything I need to determine where the faults are and correct them as needed.

What this is not in my opinion, is an EA which can be used on smaller time frames in its current state.  But I would suggest using smaller time frame to figure things out then test this on a 15tf or higher.  

If anyone know why this EA opens a order with a 2 pip and a 2 pip TP please post. I have turned any reverse logic off. 

Hi everyone!

Can you please help with this?
The universalmacrossea-mod_nmc.mq4 works fine, it is quite usable, but it would be great to have an ADX filter to get rid of some bad positions. For example: only open trade if ADX (14) is greater then 25. Is it possible to code in it?

Thanks!
Reason: