PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 85

I think is better to have people warned.

I hate posts like "The best EA", "big profits", "the winner", "I'm smartest coder", no EA is bullet-poof.

Holly grail is still undiscovered:)

Each EA have good parts and weak parts.

What I'm trying to achieve is a stable EA that produce a decent profit on real money instead of fabulous profits on backtests.

Also managing losses is very important and many EA coders forget about this.

With v12, in worst case scenario you may lose ~$400, with previous versions you may lose whole account if margin call is reached, not to mention it can stay in huge floating PL weeks and months.

Thank you for the modification, but it is giving only buy orders in 60, 30, 1 min chart. Although trend is down. gbp/jpy. I changed Reference to = 801013;

Enforcer:
Here is new version called PipMaker_v12. that include LossManagement and ReverseSignal options.

Changes:

-Added iTrend indicatorthat seem to work better than DPO and CCI.

Thus DPO and CCI are left in place.

- Now signal is reversed by default.

- Added auto calculate recovery lot size according to loss amount and RecoveryTakeProfit value.

It calculate lot size for USD based pairs, so RecoveryLotMultiplier is default=1.

If use EA on different pairs adjust this value up or down.

- Added more options for TakeProfit.

TakeProfitMode = 2

will take profit as it was until now, when sum of all trades reach ProfitTarget all orders are closed.

TakeProfitMode = 3

will manage buys and sell separately.

If BuyProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed buy orders.

If SellProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed sell orders.

TakeProfitMode = 1

Will combine both modes 2 and 3 so it will take profit which situation will occur first.

It seem is best method so I left it by default.

Default values was used for testing on GPBUSD.

You have to find your own values that work best for you according to your broker, account balance, traded pair, lot size used, etc.

Major risk of this EA: to fail to take profit on a recovery order.

Enforcer:
Here is new version called PipMaker_v12. that include LossManagement and ReverseSignal options.

Changes:

-Added iTrend indicatorthat seem to work better than DPO and CCI.

Thus DPO and CCI are left in place.

- Now signal is reversed by default.

- Added auto calculate recovery lot size according to loss amount and RecoveryTakeProfit value.

It calculate lot size for USD based pairs, so RecoveryLotMultiplier is default=1.

If use EA on different pairs adjust this value up or down.

- Added more options for TakeProfit.

TakeProfitMode = 2

will take profit as it was until now, when sum of all trades reach ProfitTarget all orders are closed.

TakeProfitMode = 3

will manage buys and sell separately.

If BuyProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed buy orders.

If SellProfit reach ProfitTarget will be closed sell orders.

TakeProfitMode = 1

Will combine both modes 2 and 3 so it will take profit which situation will occur first.

It seem is best method so I left it by default.

Default values was used for testing on GPBUSD.

You have to find your own values that work best for you according to your broker, account balance, traded pair, lot size used, etc.

Major risk of this EA: to fail to take profit on a recovery order.

do you know why I can't get it to trade? I left v10-1LM for 24hours and it didn't trade. Now I have installed the v12 but no trade for 2 hours! Would you look at default codes please!

Maybe your broker filtered it out?

Incorrect lot size?

Check your log maybe is some error there.

@manz66

Chart timeframe doesn't matter. Neither magic number used.

That's how is working, put buy orders when trend is down. It take profit when trend comes back. If is not comming back, loss management will take care.

If you're not happy whit this mode set ReverseSignal to true.

Enforcer:
Maybe your broker filtered it out?

Incorrect lot size?

Check your log maybe is some error there.

@manz66

Chart timeframe doesn't matter. Neither magic number used.

That's how is working, put buy orders when trend is down. It take profit when trend comes back. If is not comming back, loss management will take care.

If you're not happy whit this mode set ReverseSignal to true.

Yeah I've looked through the logs and I have many msgs stating " 2008.03.07 13:46:07 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\TEST MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\i_Trend.ex4' on the GBPUSD,M30"

What should I do? is it the broker? I'm using ODL

Togu:
Yeah I've looked through the logs and I have many msgs stating " 2008.03.07 13:46:07 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\TEST MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\i_Trend.ex4' on the GBPUSD,M30" What should I do? is it the broker? I'm using ODL

No, you have to download this indicator i_Trend.ex4' and put it in your indicators folder

Here

this should do it.

Files:
i_trend_1.mq4  4 kb

Hello Enforcer

I am still using the Version 10 with loss management and turn on the reversal trade.

Already profited about 59 pips today, I tested the EA during the NFP news, and I loss only 16 pips, and just now the EA made 10 pips profit, hence today I left with 6 pips so far because of NFP

Edick:
Hello Enforcer

I am still using the Version 10 with loss management and turn on the reversal trade.

Already profited about 59 pips today, I tested the EA during the NFP news, and I loss only 16 pips, and just now the EA made 10 pips profit, hence today I left with 6 pips so far because of NFP

Sorry today I left with -6 pips so far because of NFP

Can't allways win 6 pips loss vs. 59 profit is not that bad.

V12 have same functionality as v10LM if you don't use iTrend.

Only difference is the signal is reversed by default so v12 work with ReverseSignal=false and ProfitMode=2 as v10 with ReverseSignal=true.

Reason: