Can't use custom indicators to make EA?

Hi guys,

I recently asked a developer if they can automate a strategy that I came up with using some indicators from the MT4 market.

However they said that it is not possible because in order to execute orders based on an indicator changing color (e.g buy signal to sell signal) there is no actual value available that they can use when they call the color value to get a position to execute an order.

Is is possible to make any indicator into an EA or are there specific rules and requirements an indicator needs before it can be turned into an EA?

I've done some programming myself so I can understand some of the coding side of things but due to English not being their native language it's quite hard for me to understand when they try to explain it to me.

I also don't have any experience with developing indicators/EAs so that explains why I don't know what these requirements are. If someone can fill me in and provide some info on how this works and if there are actually specific requirements that the indicator

developer has to have included for the indicator to be able to be used in an EA then if someone can explain that would be much appreciated!

Show an example of such an indicator.

JingleJongle:

Hi guys,

I recently asked a developer if they can automate a strategy that I came up with using some indicators from the MT4 market.

However they said that it is not possible because in order to execute orders based on an indicator changing color (e.g buy signal to sell signal) there is no actual value available that they can use when they call the color value to get a position to execute an order.

Is is possible to make any indicator into an EA or are there specific rules and requirements an indicator needs before it can be turned into an EA?

It's always possible. It can just be more or less difficult depending how the indicator is built.

JingleJongle: Is is possible to make any indicator into an EA or are there specific rules and requirements an indicator needs before it can be turned into an EA?
Don't try do that. There are no buffers, no IndicatorCounted() or prev_calculated. No way to know if older bars have changed or been added (history update.)
Just get the value(s) of the indicator(s) into the EA (using iCustom) and do what you want with it.
You should encapsulate your iCustom calls to make your code self-documenting.
          Detailed explanation of iCustom - MQL4 programming forum

Hi guys;

I am a manual trader for the last 10 years, have in the process my own way of trading (strategy) also using custom made indicators I have bought or am allowed to use, in addition to the normal Mt4 Indicators.

I now want to automate the way I trade.  Am I allowed to make use of these custom made Indicators to be included in my build Ea, or do I first have to get a programmer to have my own indicator coded due to copy rights ?

Secondly I wanted to know where to start, I mean where to get hold of Programmers/Coders that can build my strategy into an Ea ? These are maybe simple questions but I am new to this whole EA/Bot world since I never have used any Ea. Due to health reasons I can't sit in front of the screen all day anymore.

Thanking in advance.....

Lorenzo

@7NamFx7 #: I am a manual trader for the last 10 years, have in the process my own way of trading (strategy) also using custom made indicators I have bought or am allowed to use, in addition to the normal Mt4 Indicators.

I now want to automate the way I trade.  Am I allowed to make use of these custom made Indicators to be included in my build Ea, or do I first have to get a programmer to have my own indicator coded due to copy rights ?

Secondly I wanted to know where to start, I mean where to get hold of Programmers/Coders that can build my strategy into an Ea ? These are maybe simple questions but I am new to this whole EA/Bot world since I never have used any Ea. Due to health reasons I can't sit in front of the screen all day anymore.

1. You can call existing indicators from an EA you build or have coded for you. It will not violate copyrights.
  2. You can place a coding job request in the Freelance section of this site, so as to hire someone to code your EA for you.
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
Trading applications for MetaTrader 5 to order
  • www.mql5.com
The largest freelance service with MQL5 application developers

Fernando Carreiro #:
  1. You can call existing indicators from an EA you build or have coded for you. It will not violate copyrights.
  2. You can place a coding job request in the Freelance section of this site, so as to hire someone to code your EA for you.

Thank you Fernando....appreciated so much !! 

Greetings from Namibia

Fernando Carreiro #:
Sorry to bother you again Fernando; And Indicators I have purchased from a Seller here on MQL5...may I use these for my Ea I want to have coded ?  So, I am allowed to use those ?  Just want to make sure and not do something I am not allowed to.
Files:

7NamFx7 #: And Indicators I have purchased from a Seller here on MQL5...may I use these for my Ea I want to have coded ?  So, I am allowed to use those ?  Just want to make sure and not do something I am not allowed to.

Yes, you can use Market indicators on your EA for your personal use only.

Reason: