PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 198

thank you enforcer for the advice about bigger TF.

hehe because no one writing, so i will write then, for practicing english too hehe.... about pipmaker...

i am so confuse about the pipmaker now haha.... i try use with small time frame but it's still take a long time to opening, now thinking about bigger TF.......

the confusing things, there is no currency chart in the window, but there is open order.... and i close all, and waiting and still open order with out no chart open position.... from that i realize why sometimes there is 2 open order open at the same currencies, but in the chart there is no arrow green or red for open position only there is lines that said buy or sell but no arrow pointer exactly at what point the open position is open......

hehe i think there is bug, why there is 2 open position, with almost the same time or but different order number... but after i restart it's fix, no more double order hehe.... hik hik take a few hours to think why?? just easy restart solve the problem:)

i think this ea because too much screening only open a few times a week.... even one a day is good.... even go up 100 or go down over 100 pips, still no opening... wow....

a lot of opening with only a few indicator like every hours, but my setup is not good make the position hit a stop loss all the time.... hehe more loss than winning.... lossing is like 5>> times than winning so that is bad.... can win with under 10 pips but hardly to hit my 20 TP, i don't like the risk always buy at the middle of smaller trend....... some make it a good pip if there is a big trend and do the trailing stop....

hehe be patient trying a lot of combination.....

new mind now : use a bigger time frame... than small TF.. hehe if that same time to open order.... why wait longer to get small point if using higher time frame make bigger point with the same waiting time to open order....

i use too much smaller time frame even 5-60 minute hehe....

with the smaller time frame only can't hit the jackpot make too much hit SL, hm maybe my stop loss is to small = 20 but if put bigger SL, when i see the chart a few hours, it will hit the SL too with the news coming or gap down or up......smaller TF only good with smaller target point..... like hit and run with the bigger risk..... i know must be there is good combination too with the smaller one, but not find yet..... maybe need a hundred combination before to get it, i need a lucky then than wasting a lot of time hehe like hit a jackpot...

hehe with the bigger TF make a Target point is more higher than small TF....

i understand the reverse now, when i do the RD=true, example : all green=long.... do reverse all green=short hehe so simple... but after you explained it... i understand more faster hehe... what the meaning reverse thing....

the thing i don't get it is why using this EA to use in martin triangle when the open position takes a long hours.... hehe...... no one know when is the time the EA open position and then the news is coming, well... it means more bigger risk.....

i think, no martin triangle ea can win without screening news..... or maybe you have to turn off the EA manual or put the pause or quit trading like this EA have it already... hehe can't imagine if no internet connection hehe.....

the thing i understand only, get one position that is good and then make the bigger lot position.....with the same winning but higher risk, of course with the good capital to run it....

hehe i want to test other EA but no idea or which one to run it hehe.... and this pipmaker is easiest thing to do a setup than the other ea, using easy logic, all agree color=open position.......

hehe thank you for enforcer for the hard work to build a newest awesome ea indicator....

for myself, i don't know why i have a good feeling that this ea is good, is it only me hehe? i believe not, a lot of people believe it too... i know enforcer and suprainum do....

it's not perfect yet but it's good since there is stock filter to reduce the DD, my logic is trading between 20-80 is safe....well ofcourse with the hope there is trend that goes same way with our position to win big....

-- - this ea, only need news filter to automaticly hybernate ea before the news.....for the long survival...

--- well about loss management things,,,, i am not really understand it, like money management...

oh i've got it to use for the martin triangle setup...

hehe i just realize that one= loss management is not working yet.... why i have to change it all the time then hehe...

this ea, maybe one of the best.... the proof is one position with the hard combination can take a long hour even take days, there is news, gap up, gap down... no matter what still no open waiting till the right time>> the right open position with the good setup....

is there any number to explain the combination to open order when all the indicator is use? i think 1 : 1000 maybe... 3 color with 9 indicator.

hehe i am thinking it putting more indicator it's mean it will never open order maybe hehe.....hahaha... i'm sorry before i don't know how hard pipmaker to open order he he...

the good thing is : if not all of them working we can use some of them together to work, maybe that is good too....

one position is winning better with the hard combination like that must be a winning then when is open hehe.....

thank you for your time reading hehe.....

hi enforcer,

i want to ask about something :

1. is it ? TP=target/take profit working together with the trailing stop=TS ?

example euro/jpf opening last night : i put SL=20, TP=30, and TS=15.... the opening it did not go to 30 but over 15, and TS it's not following...

it goes very fast and only go to 15 something to17 in 5 minute chart...there is times it goes over 15 about 9-10 candles, and pull back again about 3 times that pass the opening about - 3 to 4 pips, i assume if that reach trailing stop working to take profit, it mean maybe about 2 to 3 times opening...

because there is 7-8 candle that almost reach 1 to 3 pips before the opening....

it's also depends on the trade time=10 and cycle times=20 i put and the stochastic....

when i see the stochastic TF=15 i use, there is pull back because of that it is over sold already...it goes over bouncing 20 and go under 20 again. i assume that all color will still agree when reach at that position order, it will in the same color when the stochastic reach 20 again, only just changing color in stochastic.

i think it must be take profit to 15... is it? or just take profit when TP=30 is reached and TS=15 it's not working because TP is working?

the position is still floating with a 6 pips winning because that opening happening when suddenly goes down and there is opening when the OS=20, and there is pull back in the 20, it stop goes down lower and because of pull back in 20 of stochastic=then there is ranging...

i hope i can explain more clear to understand it..... i see it the opening with my eyes, between 10 minutes is already reach 15 pips... but not happening close order.

i try to read and looking answer in the past post, but still no understand about this.

2. MaximumRisk = 0.5; // 1 mean 0.1% of balance....

0.1% = 10% of balance? or 0.1 of 1% of balance? default is 0.5, is 50% of balance or 0.5% of balance?

is it base maximun risk of one order or combine all of the order in martintriangle open position?

i am confusing about this, sorry look like this one dumb question about my math but i hope you can explain this....

3. ProfitMode = 1; // 1= mixed mode, 2= global mode, 3= split mode

- Added more take profit methods - close all orders when profit reach profit target (old mode), close if buys or sells reach

// profit target and mixed mode, which one comes first (best)

what is 1=mixed mode, 2=global mode, 3=split mode?

i try to read the mql4 but still no idea about this, only guessing maybe 1=mixed mode= close when profit target is reach and the TP=target point or TS=trailing stop is reach which one comes first.... is it right?

how about no 2 or 3?

4. what is TSstep=1. is there any option number 2 or 3 maybe?

please, would you answer my question and to any one understand too.

thank you enforcer.

so what's the latest on the EA?

James666:
so what's the latest on the EA?

hi, the latest is pipmaker 17.3 with stochastic filter.... the ea is easy to set up.

it's good ea, don't have to read from the beggining just from the page 194 like i did because too excited about EA haha...

hehe now, i am not too excited about EA anymore.... i am back to basic to do manual charting like i ussually do in stock. it's more easy with the platform MT4.... just apply all of it in the 20 currency, more easy than stock, don't have to screening hundreds.

thank you all.

Hi I am testing V17_3 now. I have a question. Let's say pipmaker is trading for some time and there are two open trades. Question is: if I turn Cease Trading option on (true), does pipmaker still going to finish open trades or does it turn off and I have to close those trades manualy?

Thx

Improvements

Before i get into this..for all those newbies...please, please, please...STOP asking trivial questions. Enforcer can't answer you all, stop expecting everyone to make it work for you. Spend sometime and experiment, READ the entire thread if you have to and try to learn how to program. He's nice enough to provide you the EA for free. Don't abuse his generosity.

So i've analyzed this EA and based on the default features that are on...it is messy code, but it works fairly well. BUT there are some changes that i would suggest making if you plan on using this EA.

1. The 'Martingale' like lot allocation can wipe your account out, even at really low risk levels. I believe EURUSD 2009 had a 8+ consecutive loses and wiped out my backtest. I would suggest making a change and that is to require a SL. If you run a backtest over a year you can tell that after a certain SL, that trade will never be profitable. However this EA keeps the trade open (which costs money as well) indefinitely until the current trade is failing and it opens another one or finally succeeds in making a profit. In my analysis i believe it can go up to 1000 pips!!! Lots of time wasted on a bad trade. It's better to loose out on 1 or 2 good trades if you can wipe out the huge losses on all the bad trades. It means the rebound will be faster and easier for the next trades. I believe it can be done by copying verbatim, the "for each open trade" code segments to "for each history trade" and only count the last trades that were not profitable. (i.e. put the line if (Profit >0) break; before counting BuyOrders++, i believe in the start() you might have to remove the history case (BuyOrders++) to make sure it opens reverse trades. ) Do this with the code in the start, placebuyorder, and placesellorder. This should then count JUST the last previous negative profit closes and it's target will be smaller, easier to obtain, and back to it's winning streaks!!!

2. In the Direction() function, it calls the Filters 3 times! Change the code to call it once (if enabled) and then reuse it.

So far in my tests using only the Fisher indicator has done better then using the other indicators in conjunction. As suggested by someone else, i was thinking multiple TFs might help, but instead as an entry...more as an TP point. If you get 5M, 30M, 1H all in agreement, this might indicate a stronger move and you can raise the target.

Thanks Enforcer for sharing your EA.

Patreze:
Hi I am testing V17_3 now. I have a question. Let's say pipmaker is trading for some time and there are two open trades. Question is: if I turn Cease Trading option on (true), does pipmaker still going to finish open trades or does it turn off and I have to close those trades manualy? Thx

It will finish what it have open.

david hamil:
Before i get into this..for all those newbies...please, please, please...STOP asking trivial questions. Enforcer can't answer you all, stop expecting everyone to make it work for you. Spend sometime and experiment, READ the entire thread if you have to and try to learn how to program. He's nice enough to provide you the EA for free. Don't abuse his generosity.

So i've analyzed this EA and based on the default features that are on...it is messy code, but it works fairly well. BUT there are some changes that i would suggest making if you plan on using this EA.

1. The 'Martingale' like lot allocation can wipe your account out, even at really low risk levels. I believe EURUSD 2009 had a 8+ consecutive loses and wiped out my backtest. I would suggest making a change and that is to require a SL. If you run a backtest over a year you can tell that after a certain SL, that trade will never be profitable. However this EA keeps the trade open (which costs money as well) indefinitely until the current trade is failing and it opens another one or finally succeeds in making a profit. In my analysis i believe it can go up to 1000 pips!!! Lots of time wasted on a bad trade. It's better to loose out on 1 or 2 good trades if you can wipe out the huge losses on all the bad trades. It means the rebound will be faster and easier for the next trades. I believe it can be done by copying verbatim, the "for each open trade" code segments to "for each history trade" and only count the last trades that were not profitable. (i.e. put the line if (Profit >0) break; before counting BuyOrders++, i believe in the start() you might have to remove the history case (BuyOrders++) to make sure it opens reverse trades. ) Do this with the code in the start, placebuyorder, and placesellorder. This should then count JUST the last previous negative profit closes and it's target will be smaller, easier to obtain, and back to it's winning streaks!!!

2. In the Direction() function, it calls the Filters 3 times! Change the code to call it once (if enabled) and then reuse it.

So far in my tests using only the Fisher indicator has done better then using the other indicators in conjunction. As suggested by someone else, i was thinking multiple TFs might help, but instead as an entry...more as an TP point. If you get 5M, 30M, 1H all in agreement, this might indicate a stronger move and you can raise the target.

Thanks Enforcer for sharing your EA.

I know some parts are messy, are remains from initial EA, I cleanup many parts but not all.

As I said before, nobody force anyone to use in martingale way.

Set max orders to 1 and set sl tp as you need.

Fact it have martingale capability doesn't mean it must be used in this way.

It keep a trade open is you set it to do so.

There was (and I think still are) lots of variants with whatever changes people think should have, nobody stops you to make your own version or to improve current one and contribute your work.

I can make updates when I have time and people that share are extremely few, most want everything on a silver plate.

Apologies

Enforcer, i wasn't not trying to suggest Martingale was the wrong method or to suggest you make changes for me. I was only offering yet like you suggested, another 'maybe' better modification. My only real concern with PipMaker is the subsequent Martingale increased lots and i was merely suggesting that capping the losses might decrease the likely hood of stopping out, decrease hitting the maximum retraces and of course increasing profits.

I'm still trying to develop the code to see if this slight modification shows promise, if it does i'll post the reports and offer the diffs.

david hamil:
Enforcer, i wasn't not trying to suggest Martingale was the wrong method or to suggest you make changes for me. I was only offering yet like you suggested, another 'maybe' better modification. My only real concern with PipMaker is the subsequent Martingale increased lots and i was merely suggesting that capping the losses might decrease the likely hood of stopping out, decrease hitting the maximum retraces and of course increasing profits. I'm still trying to develop the code to see if this slight modification shows promise, if it does i'll post the reports and offer the diffs.

No need to apologise, you pointed some issues and I simply shows methods to avoid this.

Like lot increment, set money management off and put to increase by 0, in this way will open same lot size if plan to use as martingale.

I am not pro or against martingale, every method have supporters and detractors.

Bug reports and improvement ideas are always welcome.

Thing is I can't implement every single idea that may show up.

Thanks for trying to make it better, I bet lot of people wait to see what else can be done in this old code

Success

I believe the change was successful, but it's difficult to compare, let me explain what i did.

I attempted to create a version that maintained the Martingale like lot allocation, but allowed for setting the SL. This inherently caused an issue with the trades closing early and the Martingale would stop working. I have included MY COPY of the PipMaker which will NOT compile...i integrate my toolkit and removed some of them as to not confuse anyone interested in integrating just this change. You will need to INTEGRATE the portions that are mainly included in Start() @ line 508, PlaceBuyOrder() @line 915, PlaceSellOrder() @line 1006. There are some other changes as well, hopefully it's not confusing.

Back to the differences...Check out the PDF. Using a SL of 160 and an Exit Trade on 10 days(pair is EURUSD on 2009 data), it trades more (235 compared to 80) and is more profitable(5010 vs 4193) and would have been better but it didn't finish it's retrace. Comparing the two is difficult and there are some anomalies, such as Profit factor is better in the old one. This is because of the last hump trade had a higher profit, notice the jump around trade from 70 to 73. (Is this a bug or a trailing profit that got lucky?) Overall i believe my suggested fix trades more, is less risky, and is giving up less to swaps and interest.

Thanks again Enforcer for sharing. I hope this provided some benefit back.

Reason: