10points 3.mq4 - page 68

What I believe this ea need is a good Timefilter. The final solution is a EA that read the calendar from forex factory and only allows trading on yelow or no events.

I think this is possible to code... dificult but possible...

hello maji,

can you send me that EA before sunday trading begins so i can test it, thankyou...............here's my email tiago_h@hotmail.com

Hi all...how to set for example only 2 open position in one pair at the same time. I dont want the EA open so many position because my margin is small.. I set the MaxTrade = 4 but all open position will close when it reach 3 pips..i dont understand... . what is MaxTrade actually ??

this is my setting

TP = 20

Lots = 0.1

Initial stop = 0

Trailing Stop = 20

MaxTrades = 100

Maxtrades

koisempoi:
Hi all...how to set for example only 2 open position in one pair at the same time. I dont want the EA open so many position because my margin is small.. I set the MaxTrade = 4 but all open position will close when it reach 3 pips..i dont understand... . what is MaxTrade actually ??

this is my setting

TP = 20

Lots = 0.1

Initial stop = 0

Trailing Stop = 20

MaxTrades = 100

I have copied a description of how the MaxTrades, Pipsetting & Initialstop work from the author of the Dynamic Stop. Page 19 quote #183.

Will your broker allow .01 trades? Unless you give this EA room to move it will not perform to it's ultimate. I have found that MaxTrades10 has not yet been closed off with StopLoss but the account has to be able to fund the progression.

John

tururo:
The way this EA works is to open a new trade when the loss gets to the value of the "Pips" setting (15). It does this until you have maxtrades open and will open no more. Once you get to maxtrades, if the price continues to go against you, your losses are unlimited. The modification sets the stop point at the place where the last trade would reach the 15 pip loss point + the value of initial stop. So, for each of the orders the stops would be as follows if Pips = 15 and InitialStop = 2, MaxTrades = 5:

Let's say your first trade sells at 1.2600

1st trade stop at 1.2600 + 75 + 2 = 1.2677

2nd trade opens at 1.2615

2nd trade stops at 1.2615 + 60 + 2 = 1.2677

3rd trade opens at 1.2630

3rd trade stop at 1.2630 + 45 + 2 = 1.2677

4th trade opens at 1.2645

4th trade stop at 1.2645 + 30 + 2 = 1.2677

5th trade opens at 1.2660

5th trade stop at 1.2660 + 15 + 2 = 1.2677

So when the price gets to 1.2677 all trades closed out at the stop loss. See yeoelevens earlier post for dollars example.

In practice the stops will vary by a few pips.

yeoeleven:
I have copied a description of how the MaxTrades, Pipsetting & Initialstop work from the author of the Dynamic Stop. Page 19 quote #183.

Will your broker allow .01 trades? Unless you give this EA room to move it will not perform to it's ultimate. I have found that MaxTrades10 has not yet been closed off with StopLoss but the account has to be able to fund the progression.

John

i'm using NorthFinance and they didn't allow 0.01 trades. I still blur about the maxtrade. before this i put maxtrade=100 and i make 142% in one week. maybe next week i will try put maxtrade=10 or maxtrade=5 to see the different.

If you have a mini account then theoretically MaxTrades can be 13 if lots are multiplied by 2 (2, 4, 8 etc.) By opening 14th position you would need to open 81.92 lot position which is not possible with your small account and the highest posible lot size you can open is 50. This is if you start with 0.01 lot size. (the EA would reduce the 81.92 to 50 lot size) and crypling the effect.

In your case you can have MaxTrades = 9. Anything more than 9 is a nonsense. Because you can only start with 0.1 lot size with NorthFinance.

By the 10th position you would be trying to open 51.2 lot size position which your account can't handle anyway... also it would be reduced by the EA to 50 lot size because you can't open more than this.

The EA automatically reduces the lot mutliplier from 2 to 1.5 if MaxTrades > 12. In this case MaxTrades can theoretically be 20 - 21. Anything more than 21 is a nonsense. And your account have to be well funded to handle such lot progression...

Let's say you set MaxTrades = 8 and you start with 0.1 lot size. If all 8 positions are opened it is the same as if you'd have opened one 25.5 lot size position (0.1 + 0.2 +...+12.8). Can your account handle this? I would do some calculations before.

My English isn't perfect... hope you can understand my description.

Have a nice day!

p777m

koisempoi:
i'm using NorthFinance and they didn't allow 0.01 trades. I still blur about the maxtrade. before this i put maxtrade=100 and i make 142% in one week. maybe next week i will try put maxtrade=10 or maxtrade=5 to see the different.

koisempoi:

this is my setting

TP = 20

Lots = 0.1

Initial stop = 0

Trailing Stop = 20

MaxTrades = 100

i had a good laugh on this one

tf

mtaboneweb,

Take a look at profit/loss -221/3 thread. It looks like they could have some ideas you could incorporate. FYI

tf

do you have an address where I could forward a spread sheet that I think will take of dumping the losing trades. I need someone to look it over for errors. thanks

tf

sorry, the above was to mtaboneweb

Reason: