PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 205

No.. its not original.. its David Hamils version from post #1984 - it performs better in backtests for some reason...

Close and reverse using matingale

Hey Fellow traders,

I am trying to get aroung the FIFO's rules against hedging in my EA. I created a function to close and reverse but I cannot get it to reverse on the stop loss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks HolyWater

Demo -> Live Not Working

Hi all,

I've been doing some experimenting with the GDPUSD on a demo account, and wanted to try the settings on my live account. However, when I load the EA (Pipmaker_v17_3) onto my live account, no trades are ever opened. Both demo and live are through Forex.com.

The EA seems to load fine on the live account, settings are correct, just no trades ever opened. The spread is around 3-4, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Is it possible to add laguirre indicator to this EA?

There is a strategy being used manually on another forum and it works:

Setup

15 min chart

Currency Pairs - currently used on gbp/jpy, eur/jpy, gbp/usd, usd/cad, usd/jpy, usd/chf

Indicators

CCI (14)

Laguerre (set to .65 and 950 bars)

15 min stochastics (both the 8.3.3 and 14.3.3 on the same chart)

Long Entry

Laguerre above .15 and climbing up

CCI above 0 and climbing up

Stochastics climbing up from 23.6 (this is important the 8.3.3 and 14.3.3 must be parallel to one another or stacked on top of each other)

Short Entry

Laguerre below .75 and going down

CCI below 0 and going down

Stochastics going down from 76.4 (this is important the 8.3.3 and 14.3.3 must be parallel to one another or stacked on top of each other)

ForexEnthusiast:
I think I've had a revelation! All any of us want is the a trading robot/EA that pulls in more wins and is closer to perfection than anything else, right? To some this may seem like a joke but if you think about it with your logic sensors turned all the way up it may actually make sense to you. Here's what I mean...

We all know there's tons of commercial robots available out there to trade on various trading platforms most of which were specifically designed to work with the MT4 platform. If you do a search on the Internet you can surely find the worst performing robots with a losing percentage of 90% or better. You may be raising one eyebrow wondering why I would even LOOK at the biggest loser. Let me explain...

I have yet to find a robot/EA that wins 90% of the time or better for a consistent and lengthy period of time i.e. 6 months+ (if YOU have please let me know about it.) Now, there are sites out there where people have been testing these robots (yes, even the losers) with REAL money on LIVE accounts for lengthy periods of time, which is what we need to see. So to me it makes sense to do the following...

First, take into account the fact that we all know that the losing trades tend to be bigger than a series of wins meaning that one loss seems to wipe out about 10-15 previous wins.

With that in mind, if you purchase the biggest most consistent losing robot/EA you can find, put it on a forward testing demo account, use it as a "Signaling" software and in your live account take the EXACT OPPOSITE position the E/A is taking and you will instead WIN 90% or more of the time!!! Remember too that one loss is usually bigger than 10-15 wins (depending on your style of trading) so you should not only win 90% or more of your trades but they should also be BIG wins.

Obviously this is still based on theory and you should still trade at you own risk and not see my statements as advice on how to trade. Good day and good luck in your trading!!

Lee

Not exactly. First you have the spread flipped the other way. Second, if your take profit is set higher than your stop loss, then stop loss is less than the opposite side's take profit. Therefore, you don't win 90% of the time. In fact it most probably won't be over 50% of the time unless it's during the period and in the direction of a strong trend.

ordersend error 131 on strategy tester

i am getting ordersend error on strategy tester on the version 17_3 i downloaded on page 194. the ea is not opening any trades.

any solution will be well apreciated.

Pure Price Action EA

I have been studying price action, I need somebody to make a EA based on purely price action.

Please let me know who can do it, I will post the parameters here later.

What do you have that I may of service to you in making an ea that has not been tried before??

Dave

<<<

1dave7:

Ok, here is how it works:

Can be used on any timeframe, and chart.

Eachtime frame will have a different range on the candlestick.

I will explain how 1 hour works:

We look back about 350 bars (All the bars from 1 to 350).

If the range of a candlestick is above lets say 150 pips, this is called the master candle.

Ok, from the 350 bars, then can be many master candles, this is all the candles on the 1 hour chart with a range greater than 150 pips.

If the current market price is below the master candle, then buy at 1/3rd of master candle, and tp at 2/3rd of master candle.

If the current market price is above the master candle, then sell at 1/3rd of master candle, and tp at 2/3rd of master candle.

Its a very simple EA. let me know what you guys think.

You will find the following diagram helpful in understanding how this strategy works.

Files:

It works, if somebody is willing to make this EA, they will have to follow my exact instructions.

Reason: