PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 194

Would you please share your settings?

mrtools:
Did a little tinkering, went back in the thread to get more familiar with this Ea, like i told the self proclaimed thread moderator, did a year backtest, had 1 bump in the road was Aug. 7 last year nfp day, which is an easy fix, if you notice on pdf most trades closed within couple minutes, some lasted a day, min. 10 pips profit on 1k account .1 lotsize minumim. Want to thank Don Forex and Enforcer and other developers and testers, for great work on this Ea. Now to tinker a little with the MM.

Dear mrtools,

I'm a newbee and I tried to read each post on this thread. As far as I can understand, the settings of the ea is up to the person who intends to use it. But I have not enough technical knowledge particularly on indicators and how to use them and which ones. Please could you share your preferred settings including which indicators to set 'true' so that I can use the EA on a demo account...Should I use all the indicators set as 'true' so that the EA could perform more accurately opening a position?

Thank you.

Supranium:
A lot of settings work for 2009. I recommend to backtest since the beginning of 2008 to be sure. It was completely different year from 2009 and im pretty sure that 2010 will be completely different again. Hopefully 2010 will be something in the middle and we can earn some money with EAs at least.

I have come across very profitable settings for 2009 back test which will kill the account in 2008. A lot of settings are able to make 10-15% per month but none of them considerably more and survive 2008.01 - 2009.12 sadly.

This is the backtest of 2009 on eurchf agressive strategy which needs stochastic to be changed. With stochastic changed, i could probably lower the SL and also DD. This setting is using TP50 TS20 and SL200. 0.1-0.2 lot size used for this back test. 1000$ - 6533$. 11months.

The same setting doesnt produce profit in 2008.

Supranium,

Are you recommend to backtest v17-2 with v16 setting?

HGNR:
I agree, I feel better if there someone can share the best settings. especially if it is in the form of setting files. It would be easier.

Yes, I have the same opinion, I had try to read all the post 1 by 1, still have a lots to catch up, I am newbies & try to understand the senior post with mt4 coding, still find out this is quite challeging. Appreciate some1 to give us some guide with the TF, setting.

Thanks do also load the 5 indicators you have there.

Randy

Enforcer:
V17_3

Added stochastic as overbought/oversold filter.

Obviously you can't use stoch as trade signal and stoch filter for no trade signal.

!

nondisclosure007:
Sorry to have bothered you. A bit of advice, switch to de-caf.

Silar...it's you again?

nondisclosure007:
Sorry to have bothered you. A bit of advice, switch to de-caf.

Oh dear. You are amusing. You should become a comedian and share your talent in public.

Enforcer Thanks a lot for new version. I will give it a go tomorrow.

texan:
any one please help me i want the ea to place BUY orders when the inducator is below 20and place sell orders when above 80. i have traded several yrs but never used stoch. i need to know if set reverse to be set to true or false, at the top of the ea. also i do not understand the stoch filters should it be set on false.this is a great ea.... my tip to anyone is to use the fisher /cci combo true on reverse at the top' thanks please advise me TEXAN

reverse = true for u then.

sell order will be opened if lines are above 80 and cross is made.

buy order will be opened if lines are below 20 and cross is made.

make sure you use the time frame you want for each indicator separately.

Also make sure that overall reverse= false if you want your stoch to be reversed separately from others.

thanks i think i got it now

enforcer : thank you 4 the new update 17.3.

hi, i'm newbie, i just re install n losing indicator, i found in the package there is :

1. i trend

2. adaptive rsi

3. non lagma_v7.1.1

4. fisher m_11

5. zerolag_macd_v1

how about the cci, atr, tma, nlma ? do we use it too n what version?

because usually already a lot of indicator inside my indicator folder, i read it n know that since v 5, 9, 10 there is a lot of modification.

about pipmaker:

1. is there any way to put filter news setting to automaticly shut down/hybernate the ea before the high impact news=red or (the medium impact news if there is speaking) for the safety=no trading.

2. how about the rsi ob and os, hehe just idea, still confuse pipmaker working, i know it's good ea already.... just trying to get good setup...

Reason: