PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 215

Files:

Hello everyone .. someone has solved these problems with version 11 or 17?

thanks!

add MaxTrade feature

Hallo, can anybody help me to put max trade on pipmaker 3?

for example X% from balance to open buy and or sell.

as we know this EA open to much, so i think we should manage by reducing opening position.

thank you V much..

Hi, this version adds a maxTrade condition. Not tested!

Parameter

maxTrade = 2

pipmaker_v11.01.mq4currencypairs.mqh

Files:

I think this thing will only work well and safely if you open manually a big reverse trend and use some script like ZEROLEVEL to avoid the long term losing trades.

Something like if you have an opened losing buy 0.1 trade in $100 loss you open a 1.00 in sell direction and applies the zerolevel.

Too many open position

don_forex:
I will keep it simple, short and to the point. This little EA has a lot of potential. A friend of mine and I have collaborated on many different types of systems in the past. This is a culmination of our efforts. He has a very similar type of EA that is currently making 10% per month.

Here are the variables explained...

Bothways: Default is True

True - this will set a buy order if the price plus the spacing is less than the lowest buy or higher than the highest buy. Same for the sells.

False - this will set a buy order if the price plus the spacing is less than the lowest buy or a sell higher than the highest sell.

MinTime: Default is 91

This is the amount of seconds that an order must be opened before it can be closed. This is to help in preventing "scalping". If your broker has no time limitation, then you can set this to 0. Velocity4x requires 91 seconds.

Lots: Default is 0.1

Pretty self-explanatory. This is the initial lot size that is first placed. The default will depend on your account size, spacing and needs to be optimized to ensure you have a good setting. Personally, I use 0.01 for most everything.

Increment: Default is 0

This is used two different ways and is used in conjunction with Multiplier. If you are not using Multiplier (Martingale), then the setting can be anything you want the next order to increase to. In most cases, the smallest lot size one can have is 0.01, if you set the increment to anything less than 0.01 then it will take more than one order to increment to the next step. For example, 0.005 Increment will set the second order to 0.015 however, this will be rounded to 0.02, then the next order will be 0.02 and so on... If you use 0 for the setting then the subsequent orders will each be the Lots size.

If you are using Multiplier, then you must have an Increment larger than 1. I have used as low as 1.01 to as high as 5.0... This is further explained in the next variable. Optimization is necessary to determine the best Increment.

Multiplier: Default is false

This is used to determine the way in which the lotsize is incremented. When it is set to false, the Increment is stepped gradually. When it is set to true, the Increment is stepped exponentially. Using Multiplier, in effect, makes this a Martingale type system.

Conservative: Default is false

This was originally used before the advent of the profit routines now in play. How it works is, for each buy or sell order that is placed, the profit target is reduced by XX%. This way, the more orders you have open, the less profit is looked for, the quicker the orders are closed and everything is started over...

ProfitReducer: This is used in conjunction with the Conservative setting. This is what the ProfitTarget is reduced by.

ProfitTarget: Default is 50

This is a dollar amount that you determine through optimization.

Spacing: Default is 10

This is the minimum distance set between orders. Once again, optimization is recommended.

EndTrading: Default is false

This is used to stop trading once all the orders are cleared.

The only problem I have with the backtester, is that every once in awhile, the losing buys (or sells) close out before they are supposed too. According to the coding, there should only be one losing order closed at any one time. If anyone out there can help me determine why this occurs and be able to help correct it, I would be most grateful.

Over the three year Alpari history, this EA has proven to be quite profitable with the right optimizations.

Over the last two years, I have gained a lot of information and knowledge from the forums and I hope that this will be some small contribution back to the community. Enjoy and may you make lots of pips! Keep on truckin'

Don

EDIT - Version 2 fixed the closing inconsistencies.

EDIT - Version 3 - see post #23 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 4 - see post #42 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 5a Neo - see post #52 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 10 - see post #2089 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 11 - see post #2101 for explanation.

Hi,

While trying with your EA version 11, it is opening too many position with size getting multiplier. My free margin is reducing. How to stop the multiplier ? Can you pl suggest me that the EA shouldn't open more than 2 position at a time or till there is open positions.

Thnx n rgds

AD

Files:
demomt4.jpg  306 kb

Too many open position

don_forex:
I will keep it simple, short and to the point. This little EA has a lot of potential. A friend of mine and I have collaborated on many different types of systems in the past. This is a culmination of our efforts. He has a very similar type of EA that is currently making 10% per month.

Here are the variables explained...

Bothways: Default is True

True - this will set a buy order if the price plus the spacing is less than the lowest buy or higher than the highest buy. Same for the sells.

False - this will set a buy order if the price plus the spacing is less than the lowest buy or a sell higher than the highest sell.

MinTime: Default is 91

This is the amount of seconds that an order must be opened before it can be closed. This is to help in preventing "scalping". If your broker has no time limitation, then you can set this to 0. Velocity4x requires 91 seconds.

Lots: Default is 0.1

Pretty self-explanatory. This is the initial lot size that is first placed. The default will depend on your account size, spacing and needs to be optimized to ensure you have a good setting. Personally, I use 0.01 for most everything.

Increment: Default is 0

This is used two different ways and is used in conjunction with Multiplier. If you are not using Multiplier (Martingale), then the setting can be anything you want the next order to increase to. In most cases, the smallest lot size one can have is 0.01, if you set the increment to anything less than 0.01 then it will take more than one order to increment to the next step. For example, 0.005 Increment will set the second order to 0.015 however, this will be rounded to 0.02, then the next order will be 0.02 and so on... If you use 0 for the setting then the subsequent orders will each be the Lots size.

If you are using Multiplier, then you must have an Increment larger than 1. I have used as low as 1.01 to as high as 5.0... This is further explained in the next variable. Optimization is necessary to determine the best Increment.

Multiplier: Default is false

This is used to determine the way in which the lotsize is incremented. When it is set to false, the Increment is stepped gradually. When it is set to true, the Increment is stepped exponentially. Using Multiplier, in effect, makes this a Martingale type system.

Conservative: Default is false

This was originally used before the advent of the profit routines now in play. How it works is, for each buy or sell order that is placed, the profit target is reduced by XX%. This way, the more orders you have open, the less profit is looked for, the quicker the orders are closed and everything is started over...

ProfitReducer: This is used in conjunction with the Conservative setting. This is what the ProfitTarget is reduced by.

ProfitTarget: Default is 50

This is a dollar amount that you determine through optimization.

Spacing: Default is 10

This is the minimum distance set between orders. Once again, optimization is recommended.

EndTrading: Default is false

This is used to stop trading once all the orders are cleared.

The only problem I have with the backtester, is that every once in awhile, the losing buys (or sells) close out before they are supposed too. According to the coding, there should only be one losing order closed at any one time. If anyone out there can help me determine why this occurs and be able to help correct it, I would be most grateful.

Over the three year Alpari history, this EA has proven to be quite profitable with the right optimizations.

Over the last two years, I have gained a lot of information and knowledge from the forums and I hope that this will be some small contribution back to the community. Enjoy and may you make lots of pips! Keep on truckin'

Don

EDIT - Version 2 fixed the closing inconsistencies.

EDIT - Version 3 - see post #23 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 4 - see post #42 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 5a Neo - see post #52 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 10 - see post #2089 for explanation.

EDIT - Version 11 - see post #2101 for explanation.

Hi,

I'm using your EA version 11.01. This EA is opening too many position without having any money management. It is not taking care of the equity balance.

Thnx n rgds

Someone with a live statement on some site such as mt4stats?

Thanks.

Charlie59:
Attached..

1) Copy Pipmaker_V17_3.mq4 in expert folder

2) copy indicators in expert/indicators (folder)

I downloaded this file twice, but my unzip program says it's not a valid zip file. Has anyone else had this same pblm, and if so, can someone put the zip file out again (or the small info doc and mq4 file), so we can download it again? Thanks ahead of time.

Meanwhile, I will look at the v11 file and see how it works.

Regards,

Paul

Reason: