Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 20

Hi Sinigami,

Nice to see you are continuing the development of your EA.

As for coding an EA simply on the base of Nina indicator, I saw some efforts on it without any success. So, I think you'd better keeping the directions you started with.

There are a lot of pivot indicators for MT4, if you need a collection of pivots just PM me.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Shinigami:
If I find something that would force me, I'll finish pivot calculation and ATR stoploss by the end of weekend. I have it in pieces of code, just need to glue those together and add a few if's. It will have its own limitations.

If you have any good ideas about pivot calculation model, pm me or post here, I'll add them.

I'm going to use these:

(last day high + last day low + 2 * last day close) / 4

today's open as pivot

(last day high + last day low + 2 * today open) / 4

Last model is much more effitient for gaps.

I'd like to limit trade opportunities too (like not trading both ways, which happens pretty often and already happened today) and add an opportunity to choose distance from pivot. I'm thinking of limiting trade to one direction if we have a trade open in that direction and its in profit. Example: we have a buy with 50 pips profit, so we will only place buy-stop orders until buy order(s) hits a SL or TP.

If you have any ideas you'd like to add, shoot!

-edit-

added a graph with 0,05 risk

PS: this EA works fine during the last year but fails to do so during 2,5-year period so don't put your hopes up too high. Its just an EA, not a holy grail.

Pivots

Christoff,

I already posted the Pivots indicator that fixes the problem for Sunday/Monday pivots.

It also includes standard, mid, camarilla and fib pivot formulas.

All of the pivots can be turned on or off. There are also settings for line color and text label size.

The indicator was a combination of other indicators that I modified and posted at the Strato thread.

If there are others I would not mind having them too.

Robert

DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.0

The new DIN_KusKus_EA_v1.0 and 1.1 are "Pure" Kuskus. There are switches to turn on or off indicator for exit rules. The default settings are what worked best on my backtest.

I would suggest deleting the earlier versions. Version 2 was really for testing what the best trend indicator might be as well as the best timeframes to determine trend.

The new version 1.2 will still have the same ability but only checking GMACD and HMA Angle for now. I have found HMA Angle to work better than GMACD to determine trend.

Use the newest ones that are names DIN_KusKus_EA. Maybe later we can get back to just DIN.

I am using DIN_EA_v2 to copy code for the new versions.

I moved some input code around to make it easier, I hope, for people to use the EA.

All of the trailing stop selections have been moved to the end of the inputs.

I am including switches that will turn indicators on or off.

Here is the latest "Pue" Kuskus ea with 7 trailing stop ideas.

Maybe some of you can volunteer to test 1 trailing stop method to see if it helps.

That would save me a great deal of testing time.

The trading times should help control the entering of trades within a few bars of the signal. Two hour entry trading window is only 4 bars.

I am not familiar with 10 point pyramiding. Can you explain further or send me an ea that already does this?

Unless you are refering to a type of grid. I already have an ea that trades with the trend by opening new positions every X pips in the direction of the trend.

I also plan to add the idea form TriplePlayTesting that I wrote from an idea suggested at the Yahoo Metatrader group. It places 2 scalp type trades 10 and 20 pips from the original entry with a 20 and 10 pip target. The idea was to turn a 30 pip move into the equivalent of a 100 pip move.

Just needs a way to avoid chop and enter at a good point in a trend.

Robert

alan.demo:
to MrPip:

OK, Robert, that sounds great, thanks for the new EA improvement.

As per my last post, let me mention some rules which might be taken into consideration:

First of all one must say this EA is super base, but it needs to respect H4/D1 trend....again option, when I switch it "on" I'd place positions with trend only. This option would be handy for those who would prefer having 10point pyramiding "on". And I'd be glad primarily being able to say EA that I wanna to open position upon SIGNAL only or a few bars after...

OPTIONS X bar after signal....to prevent this bitch opening anytime, even at the end of a trend...

Would you please think it of?

Regards and happy pips,

alan.

---

Edited:

Some more Q:

As to EAs version progres, which was the 1st one - KUSKUS_EA? And 2nd - DIN_V2? And the latest - DIN_KUSKUS_V1?

Does the last EA consist of all others? Is there it's parameters summary available somewhere? I'm not very sure what belongs to where.

Sorry, getting confused little bit mate. LOL.

DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.1

No major changes, just added another trailing stop method and moved the inputs around for easier understanding.

I will post version 1.2 as soon as backtest is complete.

I went ahead and put in StepMA and Ninas EMA signals.

Also includes GMACD and HMA for trend.

Everything is selectable by turning swith on or off.

That was the idea in DIN_EA_v2 but I guess there were too many options.

So I simplified to just use GMACD or HMA Angle for trend right now.

I will be posting the HMA Angle indicator with the settings used in the EA as defaults.

Robert

Files:

HMA_Angle indicator

Here is HMA_Angle indicator and HMA3 that is used by the angle indicator.

I like this more than the GMACD because you can see the trend change historically to better test the EA.

HMA3 is also used by the DIN_EA_v2 and the next DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.2 EA.

The angle is calculated in a function within the EA.

Robert

Files:
hma3.mq4  3 kb
hma_angle.mq4  4 kb

MrPip:
No major changes, just added another trailing stop method and moved the inputs around for easier understanding.

I will post version 1.2 as soon as backtest is complete.

I went ahead and put in StepMA and Ninas EMA signals.

Also includes GMACD and HMA for trend.

Everything is selectable by turning swith on or off.

That was the idea in DIN_EA_v2 but I guess there were too many options.

So I simplified to just use GMACD or HMA Angle for trend right now.

I will be posting the HMA Angle indicator with the settings used in the EA as defaults.

Robert

I made some manual backtestings using the 3 main indicators as exit signals combined with TP and emergency SL ....and results were good on all tf (15mn/30mn/1h)

So i think it would be good if we could use these indicators as possible exit strategy (in the same way they are used for entering the trades):

* when 1 of the 3 turns opposite

*When 2 of the 3 turns opposite

*when all three turns opposite

Also reentry in the trade as soon as all selected entries conditions are again verified

Big bars were generating many false signals and loosing trades. So ultimately specific strategies should be studied for entering trades on these big bars.

One of the strategy that I have read would be to enter the trade only if goes higher than the high of signal bar.

Other possibility would be top enter the trade only when difference between price and value of Heiken Ashi is getting lower to X pips within the next Y abrs...and of course if all other required conditions are still there.

Exit strategy

I alredy tested the exit strategy by using the backtester. The best exit was when the fisher11 changd direction. That is why that is the only exit switch turned on.

As other ideas are added these can be tested again.

Here is the method.

When you enter input values there are 3 columns that can be used for optimizing.

For the switches, click on the box to select the switch to optimize.

Select start and enter a value of 0.

Select Step and enter a value of 1.

Select Stop and enter a value of 1.

Select optimize before pressing start and the strategy tester will try all combinations of values and report the results in order form best to worst.

Be aware that this can sometimes take some time. When I tested with v2 i had one run take over 16 hours.

For more accurate results run the test on the 5 minute or 1 minute time frame.

All indicators are coded to use the appropriate timeframes in the EA. That is why there are inputs for the signal timeframe and trend timeframes.

Robert

MrPip:
Christoff,

I already posted the Pivots indicator that fixes the problem for Sunday/Monday pivots.

It also includes standard, mid, camarilla and fib pivot formulas.

All of the pivots can be turned on or off. There are also settings for line color and text label size.

The indicator was a combination of other indicators that I modified and posted at the Strato thread.

If there are others I would not mind having them too.

Robert

Robert,

Thank you for the information. I think this combined pivot indicator is suitable for the tasks of KusKus.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

about EA

MrPip:
I alredy tested the exit strategy by using the backtester. The best exit was when the fisher11 changd direction. That is why that is the only exit switch turned on.

Robert

Hello and thanks for your great EA!

I have a question about point of entry and exit (see graphics).

I'm testing DIN_KusKus_EA_v1.1:

- trailing is off

- exit on Fisher (default settings)

Can you explain how EA finding exit points very close to high peak without obvious signals?

What rulez on that exits?

Thanks.

Files:
exam01_1.gif  23 kb
exam02.gif  25 kb

Exit point

That would be default TakeProfit = 50 which also had best results on backtest.

That is another setting that might need further testing.

Same with Trailing Stop ideas.

Robert

Reason: