Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 19

Good job.

Hi, Robert.

You've done great job so far. Thanks for your effort mate.

One thought. What about to add a setup option allowing user to chose either PURE ISAKAS or ISAKAS + next OPTIONS? I believe that could be handy, couldn't be?

alan.demo:
Hi, Robert.

One thought. What about to add a setup option allowing user to chose either PURE ISAKAS or ISAKAS + next OPTIONS? I believe that could be handy, couldn't be?

100% I Agree!!!

Thanks Robert!

Pivots and TrailingStops

Shinigami,

I have added 6 different trailing stops as functions to my EA for KusKus.

Take a look at my next post for the code. Maybe you could add yours as type 7. Or send me what you have and I will finish it. You are free to copy my code to your ea as well. Some of the functions are from other sources and the comments state who developed them.

Another idea for pivots are the Camarilla Pivots. I have been told that the banks and large institutional traders use them.

The indicator also has code for fib pivots.

I am attaching indicator here.

Robert

Shinigami:
If I find something that would force me, I'll finish pivot calculation and ATR stoploss by the end of weekend. I have it in pieces of code, just need to glue those together and add a few if's. It will have its own limitations.

If you have any good ideas about pivot calculation model, pm me or post here, I'll add them.

I'm going to use these:

(last day high + last day low + 2 * last day close) / 4

today's open as pivot

(last day high + last day low + 2 * today open) / 4

Last model is much more effitient for gaps.

I'd like to limit trade opportunities too (like not trading both ways, which happens pretty often and already happened today) and add an opportunity to choose distance from pivot. I'm thinking of limiting trade to one direction if we have a trade open in that direction and its in profit. Example: we have a buy with 50 pips profit, so we will only place buy-stop orders until buy order(s) hits a SL or TP.

If you have any ideas you'd like to add, shoot!

-edit-

added a graph with 0,05 risk

PS: this EA works fine during the last year but fails to do so during 2,5-year period so don't put your hopes up too high. Its just an EA, not a holy grail.
Files:
pivots.mq4  24 kb

New version of DIN_Kuskus_EA

Here is the newest version of the EA for KusKus.

I still have the useXxx for exit because my backtest determined that using Fisher alone for exit had the best return, doubling the account since Aug 20, 2006. Drawdown is larger than I like though. Hopefully new additions will improve on that.

For the next version I will put back the useXxx for entries as well.

Any ideas of what to add to the next version are appreciated.

Right now I only plan to add the trend check with GMACD.

That way we can determine what addditions help the EA to be more profitable.

This one only uses 3 indicators from Isakas, no check for trend.

Default settings worked the best so far although I have not tested settings for the indicators. I used the values from a template someone sent me.

I have not tested all the trailing stop ideas yet.

There are 6 of them right now with more to be added as I finish the code for them.

There is also already time periods to trade. I fixed the issue for start time = 22 and end time = 1 for the asian session. The old code would not work for this.

Robert

alan.demo:
Hi, Robert.

Files:

Thanks MrPip

It seems that ATR trailing stop doesn't work with my EA as I expected. I left it in the code just in case (in comments)

I'm off for studying the codes of Pivot and DIN EA. See you some day!

Seems to be Great

Hi all

I'm newbie here. I have followed all your steps.

It seems to me that what you are doing is great and it will be a great moment for the forx trading.

Excuse me but I have some remarks ( I don't wan't to often anybody but for the interest of all of us):

- What you think if in 1st post we put all the steps and a description of the modifications done.

- If you agree with the first idea, it will be nice to attach all the files to the first post (Theses 2 remarks will help new persons to understand everything from the 1 st post and they will be not obliged to read all the posts).

- For the developpent, I think that it will be better to choose somoene as the director of the group and that he gives to the members what are the tasks needed that each member prepare a part that will be validated by the directore before posting.

- I think that we have to invite the three originatots of the systems that they contribute in the achievement of this EA (NINA....)

- Also I think that Codersguru will be helpful if he agree to partcipate to this effort.

I hope that theses remarks will be helpful.

All updates in first post

I agree, it makes it easier to find everything. I would rater read everything imprtant in a few posts instead of readin an entire thread. I already went through that with several threads that had 1000s of replies on other forums.

It also would alert me to any rule changes that I have not put in the EA.

I have only finished reading half of this thread.

Robert

gdreporter:
Hi all

I'm newbie here. I have followed all your steps.

It seems to me that what you are doing is great and it will be a great moment for the forx trading.

Excuse me but I have some remarks ( I don't wan't to often anybody but for the interest of all of us):

- What you think if in 1st post we put all the steps and a description of the modifications done.

- If you agree with the first idea, it will be nice to attach all the files to the first post (Theses 2 remarks will help new persons to understand everything from the 1 st post and they will be not obliged to read all the posts).

- For the developpent, I think that it will be better to choose somoene as the director of the group and that he gives to the members what are the tasks needed that each member prepare a part that will be validated by the directore before posting.

- I think that we have to invite the three originatots of the systems that they contribute in the achievement of this EA (NINA....)

- Also I think that Codersguru will be helpful if he agree to partcipate to this effort.

I hope that theses remarks will be helpful.

New version of DIN_Kuskus_EA

to MrPip:

OK, Robert, that sounds great, thanks for the new EA improvement.

As per my last post, let me mention some rules which might be taken into consideration:

First of all one must say this EA is super base, but it needs to respect H4/D1 trend....again option, when I switch it "on" I'd place positions with trend only. This option would be handy for those who would prefer having 10point pyramiding "on". And I'd be glad primarily being able to say EA that I wanna to open position upon SIGNAL only or a few bars after...

OPTIONS X bar after signal....to prevent this bitch opening anytime, even at the end of a trend...

Would you please think it of?

Regards and happy pips,

alan.

---

Edited:

Some more Q:

As to EAs version progres, which was the 1st one - KUSKUS_EA? And 2nd - DIN_V2? And the latest - DIN_KUSKUS_V1?

Does the last EA consist of all others? Is there it's parameters summary available somewhere? I'm not very sure what belongs to where.

Sorry, getting confused little bit mate. LOL.

Reason: