Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 25

backtesting with Alpari data

Chrisstoff,

Using Alpari data will become a problem when backtesting version 2.x because the EA uses the 4 hour and Daily timeframes for trend exit by default.

Robert

Thanks for your contribution

@Mr Pips and Frantacech

I dont want you to work alone, I really wish to help you with the code.

During the flood disaster, I was studying MQL (Meta Quote Language) from scratch. I got source from codec guru, interbankfx, and MQL manual itself.

But the more I studied, the more confusing it is

Anyone,please show me, do you know the easiest way to learn MQL?

Coz, I want to give contribution, helping Mr Pips, Frantacech, etc

Btw,

I have updated the first page, take a look, and let me know if missing something. The both EA which Mr Pips added, is on the forward test now.

Forward test DIN 1.3 and 2.1

The EA didnt follow the rule of DIN,

comment anyone?

Files:
ea-1.3.jpg  51 kb
ea-2.1.jpg  53 kb

Rules of DIN

ANCOLL,

What rule was not followed?

Version 1.3 follows the rules of Kuskus without checking trend.

Version 2.1 follows the rules of DIN but does not use trend entry as this showed in backtest to not work.

To use the trend checks for 4 hr and daily trend you need to set the switch for UseTrend. The default trend uses HMA which is method 2. To use GMACD you must use method 1. HMA showed better results.

The other change was to add trading hours. If that is not wanted you must set UseTradingHours to false.

If you use trading hours with a broker other than FXDD you will also need to change the time settings to match the times for your broker.

Robert

MrPip:
Here is HMA_Angle indicator and HMA3 that is used by the angle indicator.

I like this more than the GMACD because you can see the trend change historically to better test the EA.

HMA3 is also used by the DIN_EA_v2 and the next DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.2 EA.

The angle is calculated in a function within the EA.

Robert

@ Mr.Pip...

just want 2 ask U, I can't find the DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.2 EA's...

where's I can download that EA?

cz i only find version v1.0, v1.1, v1.3, v2.0 and v2.2...

once more...

I dont understand, when I forwarded test in demo, why in my order, DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.2 executed... confusing cz i never put that EA in folder expert... i only copy version 'DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.1" not version v1.2

there's sumthing wrong with my mt4???

last...

when I forward test DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.1, EA has been executed n suddenly that EA closed, but not hit tp or SL...

really confusing

can U explain me?

thx b4...

green pips:
@ Mr.Pip...

just want 2 ask U, I can't find the DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.2 EA's...

where's I can download that EA?

cz i only find version v1.0, v1.1, v1.3, v2.0 and v2.2...

once more...

I dont understand, when I forwarded test in demo, why in my order, DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.2 executed... confusing cz i never put that EA in folder expert... i only copy version 'DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.1" not version v1.2

there's sumthing wrong with my mt4???

last...

when I forward test DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.1, EA has been executed n suddenly that EA closed, but not hit tp or SL...

really confusing

can U explain me?

thx b4...

All current EAs are found by following the link to the zip file in message 1.

DIN_KuskusEA_v2.0 shows version 1.1 because I forgot to change the string for expert name. That is now fixed in v2.1.

I do not know where the other versions are from because I never posted a 1.3 or 2.2. There were earlier Kuskus_EAs that should not be used. Only those with DIN as the start of the name are current.

As mentioned earlier DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.x are pure Kuskus as far as I understand the rules.

DIN_Kuskus_EA_v2.x are DIN, again as I currently understand the rules.

Version 1.1 uses change of direction in fisher indicator as exit, not just stop loss and take profit. This is what worked best on back test.

Robert

Good example just 30 minutes ago

MrPip:
ANCOLL,

What rule was not followed?

Version 1.3 follows the rules of Kuskus without checking trend.

Version 2.1 follows the rules of DIN but does not use trend entry as this showed in backtest to not work.

To use the trend checks for 4 hr and daily trend you need to set the switch for UseTrend. The default trend uses HMA which is method 2. To use GMACD you must use method 1. HMA showed better results.

The other change was to add trading hours. If that is not wanted you must set UseTradingHours to false.

If you use trading hours with a broker other than FXDD you will also need to change the time settings to match the times for your broker.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the reply

To give a better clarification, I posted what this EA did to my MT4, it gave a false sell order

I think it needs attunement

Files:

New versions

I am attaching new versions of both EAs. The Zip file also contains the indicators used for iCustom. Any that appear to be missing, like FlatTrend, are coded as functions in the EAs.

I will keep version 1.x as pure Kuskus with added ideas and version 2.x as DIN.

FlatTrend did not help, at least with trading hours set to true.

No time to backtest more settings as I am busy with other EAs for pay.

I will continuue working with this EA as time allows.

I suppose next thing to add is MA cross on 30 minute for confirmation.

Also on Daily and 4 hr for trend.

I do not yet know how to set up the link to different messages for

Latest version of DIN_EAs is here.

I do know how to edit messages so maybe the best solution is to change the first message to point to this message. Then I will use this message to attach new zip files as changes are made.

Robert

Files:
din_eas.zip  64 kb

Rules for DIN

I think I need a better understanding of the rules here.

I was told to use Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_03 with settings of 10, 1, 0, 500 to replace StepMA_Stoch with settings 7, 0.7, 0.

If I change the settings for the Hist indicator to 7, 0.7 the cross is at the same place. With setting of 10,1 the cross is later.

New version has inputs for the settings.

What should be the defaults?

I think there are too many people giving me the rules for this system. It would help if the settings for each indicator were clear. I do believe the rules are correct, just the settings are wrong.

The others look to be correct.

BBand_Stops_v2 red

HeikenAshi_MA red

Fisher11 red

Hist_StepMA_Stoch... red

StepMA_Stoch turned red sooner.

Not using trend for entry. If trend were used the trade would not have happened because daily trend is still up.

Using FlatTrend since Jan 2, 2007 helped a lot but since Aug 20, 2006 it did not help.

I will be replacing earlier zip file with the new EA. The link in message 1 will point to the correct message to get the new version.

Just need to change the zip file.

Zip file now posted.

Robert

MrPip:
I think I need a better understanding of the rules here.

I was told to use Hist_StepMA_Stoch_KV1_Ex_03 with settings of 10, 1, 0, 500 to replace StepMA_Stoch with settings 7, 0.7, 0.

If I change the settings for the Hist indicator to 7, 0.7 the cross is at the same place. With setting of 10,1 the cross is later.

New version has inputs for the settings.

What should be the defaults?

I think there are too many people giving me the rules for this system. It would help if the settings for each indicator were clear. I do believe the rules are correct, just the settings are wrong.

The others look to be correct.

BBand_Stops_v2 red

HeikenAshi_MA red

Fisher11 red

Hist_StepMA_Stoch... red

StepMA_Stoch turned red sooner.

Not using trend for entry. If trend were used the trade would not have happened because daily trend is still up.

Using FlatTrend since Jan 2, 2007 helped a lot but since Aug 20, 2006 it did not help.

I will be replacing earlier zip file with the new EA. The link in message 1 will point to the correct message to get the new version.

Just need to change the zip file.

Zip file now posted.

Robert

Hi Roberts,

I attached two picture from today.

GBPUSD open sell order after x bar.

How working exit? I have default settings.

And last picture, very bad entry. end trend, signal for sell and open buy.

Files:
gbpusd_5.gif  55 kb
eurusd_4.gif  54 kb
bad-entry.gif  57 kb
Reason: