Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 18

Dear MrPip,

If you have better results with your din ea v2.0

Stay with it

Thanks verry much for your great work

Hey Shinigami, what's up with your expert ?

MrPip:
Forgot to attach. Robert

Thank you, Robert. I much appreciate your efforts.

Big Joe:

Hey Shinigami, what's up with your expert ?

Well, I liked very much the graph showing Shinigami's backtest results So, I am excitedly waiting for the continuation

If I find something that would force me, I'll finish pivot calculation and ATR stoploss by the end of weekend. I have it in pieces of code, just need to glue those together and add a few if's. It will have its own limitations.

If you have any good ideas about pivot calculation model, pm me or post here, I'll add them.

I'm going to use these:

(last day high + last day low + 2 * last day close) / 4

today's open as pivot

(last day high + last day low + 2 * today open) / 4

Last model is much more effitient for gaps.

I'd like to limit trade opportunities too (like not trading both ways, which happens pretty often and already happened today) and add an opportunity to choose distance from pivot. I'm thinking of limiting trade to one direction if we have a trade open in that direction and its in profit. Example: we have a buy with 50 pips profit, so we will only place buy-stop orders until buy order(s) hits a SL or TP.

If you have any ideas you'd like to add, shoot!

-edit-

added a graph with 0,05 risk

PS: this EA works fine during the last year but fails to do so during 2,5-year period so don't put your hopes up too high. Its just an EA, not a holy grail.

Files:
teaser.gif  6 kb

MrPip:
I have the new Kuskus EA finished. It only uses the 3 indicators with the default settings shown here. If these are not correct let me know.

As mentioned before Fisher replaces starlight.

extern string s1="BBandsStop settings";

extern int Length=20; // Bollinger Bands Period

extern int Deviation=2; // Deviation

extern double MoneyRisk=1.00; // Offset Factor

extern string s2="Fisher settings";

extern int RangePeriods=35;

extern double PriceSmoothing=0.3; // =0.67 bei Fisher_m10

extern double IndexSmoothing=0.3; // =0.50 bei Fisher_m10

extern string s3="Heiken_Ashi_Ma settings";

extern int MaMethod = 1;

extern int MaPeriod = 15;

The EA backtested well for January with over 40% profit but since Aug 2006 it has not done so well. Less than 50/50 wins to losses and only 27% profit. I used stoploss 100 and TakeProfit 50 as well as trading hours for asian session from 0 to 3 and european session from 9 to 11.

Next version will add daily and 4 hr trend as determined by GMACD, then DigiStoch.

Then will add Nina EMA idea and then STepMA_Stoch.

Robert

Hi Robert, Tks. for your efforts, much apreciated !!!

Now that I see that you are going to make the attempt to code Nina's indicators to the EA, I have the feeling that we are starting from the end.

I am not a programmer but allways wonder why a good and proven system with well defined rules like CATFX50 didnt catch the attention of talented programmers in this forum to build an EA of it.... I heard comments that some attempts are made, but fail coz they say that system is "too discretional" or something like that, but I dont think that a serious effort are made yet.

My proposal to make this profitable is to take CATFX50 as a base system to build the EA, and then add the other systems one by one in order to see if they improve the results. Not all at one time.

I am shure thet we can count with NINA, zeman and other great developers of every system in order to gide to success of every stage, coz they know their systems much better than any of us.

Regards,

Is it possible to get the latest EA posted in the 1st thread or something? I have been manually using Zeman's system to trade manually, and had never had any issues with drawdowns. Personally, I do not use any other indicator when using his system, but I do know that if you use the Asian timeframe for backtesting, you will surely see many whipsaws.

et_phonehome_2:
Is it possible to get the latest EA posted in the 1st thread or something? I have been manually using Zeman's system to trade manually, and had never had any issues with drawdowns. Personally, I do not use any other indicator when using his system, but I do know that if you use the Asian timeframe for backtesting, you will surely see many whipsaws.

I agree. It would be good to add a time period parameter:

start trading time

end trading time

fxnewbie

You know what? You can simply glue the code of the indicator into the EA (simply speaking) and it will still work.

If noone made an EA from CATFX50, it could mean they did but backtest showed horrible results and the EA was abandoned. The same thing happened with dolly - it didn't show any promise (blind trading with TP of 20 and SL of 40 rarely shows any good result). It only depends on how much effort you put into it and how much of the original system you are ready to sacrifice to make it better.

elepoutre:
I agree. It would be good to add a time period parameter:

start trading time

end trading time

that can be easily done

sorry for double posting.

done with ATR trail, effect is negative so far. I'll be off for optimizations and changing the pivot calculation. See you soon!

MrPip:
I have the new Kuskus EA finished. It only uses the 3 indicators with the default settings shown here. If these are not correct let me know.

As mentioned before Fisher replaces starlight.

extern string s1="BBandsStop settings";

extern int Length=20; // Bollinger Bands Period

extern int Deviation=2; // Deviation

extern double MoneyRisk=1.00; // Offset Factor

extern string s2="Fisher settings";

extern int RangePeriods=35;

extern double PriceSmoothing=0.3; // =0.67 bei Fisher_m10

extern double IndexSmoothing=0.3; // =0.50 bei Fisher_m10

extern string s3="Heiken_Ashi_Ma settings";

extern int MaMethod = 1;

extern int MaPeriod = 15;

The EA backtested well for January with over 40% profit but since Aug 2006 it has not done so well. Less than 50/50 wins to losses and only 27% profit. I used stoploss 100 and TakeProfit 50 as well as trading hours for asian session from 0 to 3 and european session from 9 to 11.

Next version will add daily and 4 hr trend as determined by GMACD, then DigiStoch.

Then will add Nina EMA idea and then STepMA_Stoch.

Robert

Did you re-post this new EA anywhere?

Thanks

Reason: