Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 21

GMACD vs HMA Angle

MrPip:
Here is HMA_Angle indicator and HMA3 that is used by the angle indicator.

I like this more than the GMACD because you can see the trend change historically to better test the EA.

Robert

GMACD - cool indicator, but not showing on history, you're right!

And i will be happy, when finished searching equivalent of the GMACD with history. Please give some notes about using HMA Angle. I'm attached screenshot & if yellow and green bars - "power" of trend, than some late to use that info?

Thanks.

Files:
exam01_2.gif  24 kb

HMA Angle

Try a setting of 12 for the period and 10 or 15 for the threshold.

This basically keeps from entering trades in a flat market when the indicator is red. The other idicators might all line up but the trend is relatively flat.

Also make sure to look on the 4 hr and daily. That is where the trend is checked. I am considereing modifying GMACD to GHMA_Angle but ...

That is showing the best results on backtest but only when used for exit.

Still 3 hours to go on an 18 hour backtest.

Robert

MrPip:
Try a setting of 12 for the period and 10 or 15 for the threshold.

This basically keeps from entering trades in a flat market when the indicator is red. The other idicators might all line up but the trend is relatively flat.

Thanks for comments. With that settings more better and usefull. Also may help to re-enter position after trend correction.

DIN_Kuskus_EA_v1.0

MrPip:
The new DIN_KusKus_EA_v1.0 and 1.1 are "Pure" Kuskus. There are switches to turn on or off indicator for exit rules. The default settings are what worked best on my backtest.

I would suggest deleting the earlier versions. Version 2 was really for testing what the best trend indicator might be as well as the best timeframes to determine trend.

The new version 1.2 will still have the same ability but only checking GMACD and HMA Angle for now. I have found HMA Angle to work better than GMACD to determine trend.

Use the newest ones that are names DIN_KusKus_EA. Maybe later we can get back to just DIN.

I am using DIN_EA_v2 to copy code for the new versions.

I moved some input code around to make it easier, I hope, for people to use the EA.

All of the trailing stop selections have been moved to the end of the inputs.

I am including switches that will turn indicators on or off.

Here is the latest "Pue" Kuskus ea with 7 trailing stop ideas.

Maybe some of you can volunteer to test 1 trailing stop method to see if it helps.

That would save me a great deal of testing time.

The trading times should help control the entering of trades within a few bars of the signal. Two hour entry trading window is only 4 bars.

I am not familiar with 10 point pyramiding. Can you explain further or send me an ea that already does this?

Unless you are refering to a type of grid. I already have an ea that trades with the trend by opening new positions every X pips in the direction of the trend.

I also plan to add the idea form TriplePlayTesting that I wrote from an idea suggested at the Yahoo Metatrader group. It places 2 scalp type trades 10 and 20 pips from the original entry with a 20 and 10 pip target. The idea was to turn a 30 pip move into the equivalent of a 100 pip move.

Just needs a way to avoid chop and enter at a good point in a trend.

Robert

Hi, Robert,

Thank you for details and comments, really appreciate your help!

10points3 info source:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975

Moreover, one should mention that Goblin comes from that idea also.

Regards and happy pips,

alan.

10POINT3 again

Robert your on the right track with this EA, I have followed all the attempts in modifying the 10point3 to make it a profitable EA, all end up in the trash, look in any 10point3 thread they all avoid posting forward tests during the news, very much dependable on backtests.

The Truth

There are at least 5 versions of the 10point3 carrying different names, all as far as I know works great in backtests, and does a great job, but in live trading 10point3 cleans the account in seconds during the news or big movement.

I am trading live account with DIN manually for 2 months now and making good money, so before anyone starts to defined the 10point3 I hope he has similar or longer live experience with 10point3 and making money.

Please stop wasting more time on the 10point3

What a nightmare..... Why is one bothering with using this EA if its known for big drawdowns?

10POINT3 again

mrtools,

I am happy that you made some money; I hope you manage to keep it while running the 10point3, you missed my point I asked for someone running the 10point3 for 2 months or more including running the systems during news.

Anyhow I am not going into a debate if 10point3 is either good or bad; after all I am just passing a word of advice since the whole thread started from the idea of helping other traders.

I have tested more than one version of 10point3 on demo accounts, trying different settings, yes you can make some money, but wait for the news and the account will be burned.

New traders have no idea of what support and resistance are, they look for information and end up hearing about the 10point3, after downloading the 10point3 and seeing the amazing results of the 10point3 they jump to open and account, running 10point3 for a while, makes some money and lose everything in the first big move, how do I know that, go and see any 10point3 thread, wait for a big market movement then log again into that thread, it will be either dead or someone swearing at the EA.

There are lots of threads to discuss the 10point3, lets not make this another one, after all we want to help traders not to make them lose their money

missing what point

Hi Mini ME

You missed my point I used these e.a.'s during the news and that move Fri. was supposed to wipe out my account according to you.I won't disturb you folks over here anymore no matter how many times you trash other threads.Hope you all get you're e.a. up and running profitably, you have one of the better programmers(MRPip) working on it, if anybody will get it right he will.

Always the best,

tools

ps) I apologize for my aggression, I have worked many hours on this e.a., and seems I guess I am pretty touchy about people automatically thinking because you don't post your statement every day you are automatically considered to have blown your account especially if you are using the "TEN"

word e.a.

mrtools:
Hi Mini ME

You missed my point I used these e.a.'s during the news and that move Fri. was supposed to wipe out my account according to you.I won't disturb you folks over here anymore no matter how many times you trash other threads.Hope you all get you're e.a. up and running profitably, you have one of the better programmers(MRPip) working on it, if anybody will get it right he will.

Always the best,

tools

ps) I apologize for my aggression, I have worked many hours on this e.a., and seems I guess I am pretty touchy about people automatically thinking because you don't post your statement every day you are automatically considered to have blown your account especially if you are using the "TEN"

word e.a.

Mrtools no need to get angry or touchy keep that for the market. Here we are all friends, I am giving you an advice so you don’t spend more of your time on that EA… you don’t want my advice ignore it.

Your inputs as well as everybody else are very valuable and respected.

Mrpips is a master of his own decision he does not work for me or for this thread, I just passed my opinion and experience with the 10point3.

MiniMe:
Mrtools no need to get angry or touchy keep that for the market. Here we are all friends, I am giving you an advice so you don’t spend more of your time on that EA… you don’t want my advice ignore it.

Your inputs as well as everybody else are very valuable and respected.

Mrpips is a master of his own decision he does not work for me or for this thread, I just passed my opinion and experience with the 10point3.

This option would be handy for those who would prefer having 10point pyramiding "on".

If you dont use martingale, OK, your choice, switch OFF this options and happy.

If any do use martingale , why no? switch ON and happy.

Choice!!!!

Reason: