Elite indicators :) - page 336

May be.

I traded retracement.

So, I knew in the morning - I will trade buy or sell for the whole day (next day - it will be next story). I look for TDI indicator to catch some moments when I can trade. After that look at Trend Scalp indicator to confirm.

that's a pretty good setup there ND!

i want to use these pivots on my chart at mbt but it doesn't count the sunday candle as these are the only pivots I could find anywhere that will work with the custom prices that basket charts create.

can anyon help with the sunday candle problem?

thanks!

You can use this pivot with sunday fixed (for any timeframe incl weekly):

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

I did not check it but it should work.

newdigital:
You can use this pivot with sunday fixed (for any timeframe incl weekly):

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

I did not check it but it should work.

i tried them. they do not work on custom offline charts like these do. i wonder what's the difference in them?

One is looking for data (high, low, open close) in current chart (the weekly you posted) and the other is looking for data in the chosen time frame (the one that ND sent you the link) and hence it will not work OK on some offline charts (offline chart should to correspond to real data then, and as we know, they don't).

Also, the one you posted does use Sunday data but as the last day in the week not the first one (which is probably what you have in mind - but that is what is usually considered as a "bad" data since Sunday data for pivots is only a couple of hours of data and can not be used for daily pivots, for example, and that is why they are treated that way in the indicator you posted)

Replace this line (line 148) :
if ( 1 == TimeDayOfWeek(Time) && 1 != TimeDayOfWeek(Time) ) [/php]
with this
[php] if (TimeDayOfWeek(Time) < TimeDayOfWeek(Time) )
If you want Sunday to be the first day of the week (so that is exlusively the change for the "weekly median" to start a week at Sunday and not on Monday
hazelj80:
i tried them. they do not work on custom offline charts like these do. i wonder what's the difference in them?

pivot points on offline chart

hazelj80:

They work,but you need to open same TF offline chart as on Pivot points TF.

Picture included.

mladen:
One is looking for data (high, low, open close) in current chart (the weekly you posted) and the other is looking for data in the chosen time frame (the one that ND sent you the link) and hence it will not work OK on some offline charts (offline chart should to correspond to real data then, and as we know, they don't).

Also, the one you posted does use Sunday data but as the last day in the week not the first one (which is probably what you have in mind - but that is what is usually considered as a "bad" data since Sunday data for pivots is only a couple of hours of data and can not be used for daily pivots, for example, and that is why they are treated that way in the indicator you posted)

Replace this line (line 148) :
if ( 1 == TimeDayOfWeek(Time) && 1 != TimeDayOfWeek(Time) ) [/php]
with this
[php] if (TimeDayOfWeek(Time) < TimeDayOfWeek(Time) )
If you want Sunday to be the first day of the week (so that is exlusively the change for the "weekly median" to start a week at Sunday and not on Monday

now it works. thanks. now i have weekly pivot and mid pivots.

PA cross ema, bar change color Indicator

Hey Guys, I have search 2 different forex forums, I am looking for a indicator that when the PA crosses a ema the candles with change color, can anyone help me find this please.

Nd

Hi ND,

When you have a moment today, would you mind looking at this M1 chart?

I have drawn Red - arrows to point out the position of the TDI-v2 at the time of entry which was clearly shown by the candles; the TrendScalp and the bottom AbsoluteStrength-v1.1

The TDI was clearly against the trade.

Also, I downloaded v2 of Abs.Str., but it freezes the MT4 without showing up on the chart. Any suggestions plse?

Thank you for your time.

Files:

Hi ValeoFX,

About TDI indicator. On this template: blue line is the direction of the trend, and red line is the strength of the trend. It is originally according to Forex Magazine #58. But on my template - blue line is buy line, and red line is sell line. I mean: every trend can be separated on buy or sell by 2 lines. So, it was original idea for AbsoluteStrength and I used it here for TDI for low/small timeframes only.

===========

Concerning your image.

- about blue line:

A temporary decrease during a bull market is called a correction

So, it was correction after bull market. I mean: primary trend is/was uptrend, but it is just a correctional downtrend (secondary trend inside this primary bull).

- red line.

a temporary increase during a bear market is called a bear market rally.

So, it was bear rally. Primary trend (the main one) is/was downtrend but it is just a bear correction.

because ... if we are talking about sell trend only so - after downtrend so what we can expect? Immediate uptrend? Not. We will have secondary trend.

The problem is that AbsoluteStrength is having 4 lines, but this TDI is having 2 lines only. Of course, AbsoluteStrength indicator is more precision one concerning this situation, and TDI indicator is more simplified one but it is not very important in case we are trading M1 timeframe. It is important in case we are using M15 or more highier timeframe.

So, according to your image - it was not sell and it was not buy ... it was correction for both trend directions. means: randing sell.

Yes, we are trading this case/"pattern" for this scalping system.

As to relationship of this TDI with AbsoluteStrength so look at this image with explanation:

As I said - AbsoluteStrength indicator is more precision one concerning this situation (because indicator is having 2 lines for sell and 2 lines for buy), and TDI indicator is more simplified (because it is just 1 line for sell and 1 line for buy).

Those 4 lines for AbsoluteStrength indicator are giving more exact/precise situation as for buy (buy line is on uptrend, sell line is on secondary trend), opposite for sell, for ranging sell (uptrend and downtrend on the same time with red lines are above 2 blue lines on the chart), opposite for ranging buy, non-trend (secondary trend for both lines on the same time - i mean: correction and bear market rally on the same time - we are not trading during this period of time).

But for TDI indicator - we do not have non-trend - we are having just sell, buy, ranging sell and ranging buy (buy/sell and ranging market condition). Because TDI is having 2 lines compare with 4 lines for AbsoluteStrength indicator.

Some indicator is re-acted later, some of them - earlier ... so it depends on the situation and the indicator itself, and so on.

=============

Some additional information:

ASM system:

- AbsoluteStrengthMarket indicators: indicators to analyze the market condition. Read posts starting from this page to this one.

- indicators and template to estimate the market condition for D1 timeframe is here.

Or read the thread here Market condition indicators/tools.

Wikipedia - see secondary market trend here.

Files:
image_01.jpg  10 kb
image_1.jpg  51 kb
Reason: