Follow The Bouncing Pip - page 157

I personally dont use the non lag dot indicator as many followers of this great system. It's much recommended to use an indicator that will show the areas of the overbought & sold to make sure getting in the right time & place and to avoid as much as u can false enteries. QQE & Stocastic (14,3,3) are the best in my opinion. I have used them, they work great !!!

BK

I like the nonlag dots...Specifically I use them for confirmation on 1 hr TF or 30 min TF but I try to use them at areas of previous support/resistance..,The ZigZag arrows at these areas combined with nonlag dots seem to work very well.

Question for Mr PIP

Robert,

I am still using your EA on a demo account with decent success. Although the last week wasn't a great week to start, the account is almost back to the gains it had last month. In around 5 weeks it is still up over 25%.

However, over the past few days it has taken a couple of trades and immediately closed them in the same minute that it opened them losing the spread. I am posting my set file. If you have some time could you check my set file and see if anything I am doing would cause this? I would appreciate it. I really think this EA has potential if set up right and I want to continue testing it. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Check of set file

Mark,

Nothing stands out. I do notice that you are using nonLagDot for exit. That will usually cause an early exit from a trade.

Another possibility is that there is a bug in the ZigZag Pointer indicator that might be causing the exit.

Robert

McForex:
Robert,

I am still using your EA on a demo account with decent success. Although the last week wasn't a great week to start, the account is almost back to the gains it had last month. In around 5 weeks it is still up over 25%.

However, over the past few days it has taken a couple of trades and immediately closed them in the same minute that it opened them losing the spread. I am posting my set file. If you have some time could you check my set file and see if anything I am doing would cause this? I would appreciate it. I really think this EA has potential if set up right and I want to continue testing it. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Thanks Mr PIP

MrPip:
Mark,

Nothing stands out. I do notice that you are using nonLagDot for exit. That will usually cause an early exit from a trade.

Another possibility is that there is a bug in the ZigZag Pointer indicator that might be causing the exit.

Robert

I'll try reloading the indicators into the program. Thanks for giving it a look.

Mark

I only make to this forum about once a week. I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

Several people have asked me about some of my zigzag projects latley, now I see why.

Great job Bigbear, Mr Pip and everyone else.

attached is a slightly modified version of an indicator I was working of a few years ago, most of my indicators are copy and paste, the credits to the orginal authors are in the indicator

Enjoy

Files:
targets.jpg  98 kb
targets03.mq4  12 kb

Foreverold:
I only make to this forum about once a week. I'm not sure how I missed this thread.

Several people have asked me about some of my zigzag projects latley, now I see why.

Great job Bigbear, Mr Pip and everyone else.

attached is a slightly modified version of an indicator I was working of a few years ago, most of my indicators are copy and paste, the credits to the orginal authors are in the indicator

Enjoy

Hi Foreverold,

Does it target03 repaint?

Mr. Pip,

The EA V41 seems keeping on S/L. Are my setting wrong? Once open a trade then it will followed by S/L? Where did i go wrong? What is the Value, Start, Step, Stop for?? Sorry for such a noob or repeating this question if there's any...

Does all the setting are set and i only have to change the TP and SL only?

NonLagDot71

Here is NonLagDot71.

I modified NonLagMA7.1 to have the same type output as nonlagdot.

The code is the same except for outputting dots instead of lines.

When I put both indicators on the same 1 hr chart I do not really see a difference. I put nonlagdot first and change the size of the dot to 4 and the colors from RoyalBlue to Aqua and Red to Orange.

Then I place NonLagDot71 and there is now a bullseye effect.

Robert

stav01:
Yesterday on Nix's Scalping thread Igorad said that he doesn't recommend the use of Nonlag Dots, as it is based on an old version of Nonlag MA. Maybe it is better to use a recent version of Nonlag MA (e.g. 7.1).
Files:

The columns Start, Step and Stop are used for backtesting with optimization.

For example you can test different values of stoploss by setting Start to 30, Step to 10 and Stop to 60 and checking the box in front of StopLoss.

Check the optimize box on the backtester and then start.

The tester will use 30, 40, 50, and 60 for StopLoss and generate a report under the Optimization Results tab that shows the results with each setting.

You can even test multiple inputs at the same time like TakeProfit with Start = 50, Step = 10 and Stop = 100.

The tester will then test all combinations of StopLoss and TakeProfit and report the results.

The Value column is the only thing that needs to be changed to run the EA with values other than the default.

Robert

Spawnster83:
Mr. Pip,

The EA V41 seems keeping on S/L. Are my setting wrong? Once open a trade then it will followed by S/L? Where did i go wrong? What is the Value, Start, Step, Stop for?? Sorry for such a noob or repeating this question if there's any...

Does all the setting are set and i only have to change the TP and SL only?
Reason: