Collaboration Dolly + Isakas + Nina System - page 17

TSR Indicator

Would someone please explain the TSR Indicator and how to understand the numbers such as; Room Up, Room Down, Maximum Stop Losses Long & Short etc.

Robert

Din_EA_V2 is not showing the dots for BBands all the way to the last candle. The last 7 or 8 candles don't have a dot above or below them. This also was happening with Kuskus_EA so I suppose it is a problem with BBands_Stop_v2

BBands_Stop_v2

Thanks Barcode,

Here is the fixed version. In the version I was using all I changed was the usual code to check IndicatorCounted. That was what was causing the problem. The new version still does the check but if less than Nbars sets the limit to Nbars like the original. This version stil shows the bands all the way back through the chart.

I kept the same name so the ea will use the same indicator.

BTW the backtest so far is showing better results by NOT using trend.

I am testing all possible combinations of indicators to use both for entry and exit.

For those who want pure KusKus only set the useXxx to 1 for the indicators for that system. I think that is BBands_Stop, Fisher11 and Heiken Ashi. Everything else is either from Dolly or Nina and can be set to 0. The time for trades is another matter. I suppose you can change the times to be 1 hour from start to stop as mentioned a few posts back or just do not use trading hours. The default settings for trading hours are what I am currently testing.

Robert

two pictures, old KusKus_EA and new DIN_V2... identical open buy usdjpy, dont respect ISAKAS rules.

Dont respect main H4/D1 trend and open x bars after signal.

Files:
kukus_es.gif  53 kb
din_v2_ea_1.gif  51 kb

Dear MrPip,

Where can we find BBand_Stop_v2? Would you please post it?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

MrPip:
Thanks Barcode,

Here is the fixed version. In the version I was using all I changed was the usual code to check IndicatorCounted. That was what was causing the problem. The new version still does the check but if less than Nbars sets the limit to Nbars like the original. This version stil shows the bands all the way back through the chart.

I kept the same name so the ea will use the same indicator.

BTW the backtest so far is showing better results by NOT using trend.

I am testing all possible combinations of indicators to use both for entry and exit.

For those who want pure KusKus only set the useXxx to 1 for the indicators for that system. I think that is BBands_Stop, Fisher11 and Heiken Ashi. Everything else is either from Dolly or Nina and can be set to 0. The time for trades is another matter. I suppose you can change the times to be 1 hour from start to stop as mentioned a few posts back or just do not use trading hours. The default settings for trading hours are what I am currently testing.

Robert

BBands_Stop_v2

Forgot to attach.

Robert

Files:

Confusion on EA

When I wrote this EA I thought users would know more about using settings to determine what indicators to use with each system. Due to the confusion I am stripping out all the inputs and posting the modified DIN to follow the original KusKus rules as described. We can then put new indicators in one at a time from the other methods to see if they help.

My understanding of the original Kuskus there was no trend rules. Only 3 indicators were used. I have been told that HeikenAshi_MA, Fisher11 and BBands_Stop_v2 will work.Other rules were added later added later.

I will study the documentation more to see where there are problems with the EA. Perhaps I am not getting the correct signals from the custom indicators. I did have someone post on the yahoo group that the ea seemed to place orders correctly on the 30 minute chart.

There are also people running this EA on 15 minute charts and my understanding is that the EA is suppose to run on 1 hr or 30 minute timeframes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not want to waste my time if the problems are caused by people trying to use the ea on the wrong timeframe, then complaining that the indicators did not show a trade on that time frame. I have better things to do with my time.

Robert

MrPip:
When I wrote this EA I thought users would know more about using settings to determine what indicators to use with each system. Due to the confusion I am stripping out all the inputs and posting the modified DIN to follow the original KusKus rules as described. We can then put new indicators in one at a time from the other methods to see if they help.

My understanding of the original Kuskus there was no trend rules. Only 3 indicators were used. I have been told that HeikenAshi_MA, Fisher11 and BBands_Stop_v2 will work.Other rules were added later added later.

I will study the documentation more to see where there are problems with the EA. Perhaps I am not getting the correct signals from the custom indicators. I did have someone post on the yahoo group that the ea seemed to place orders correctly on the 30 minute chart.

There are also people running this EA on 15 minute charts and my understanding is that the EA is suppose to run on 1 hr or 30 minute timeframes. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not want to waste my time if the problems are caused by people trying to use the ea on the wrong timeframe, then complaining that the indicators did not show a trade on that time frame. I have better things to do with my time.

Robert

I think the expert should also run on 15min tf...i made some quick manual backtest for 1 or 2 month and got good results...

Settings for KusKus indicators

I have the new Kuskus EA finished. It only uses the 3 indicators with the default settings shown here. If these are not correct let me know.

As mentioned before Fisher replaces starlight.

extern string s1="BBandsStop settings";

extern int Length=20; // Bollinger Bands Period

extern int Deviation=2; // Deviation

extern double MoneyRisk=1.00; // Offset Factor

extern string s2="Fisher settings";

extern int RangePeriods=35;

extern double PriceSmoothing=0.3; // =0.67 bei Fisher_m10

extern double IndexSmoothing=0.3; // =0.50 bei Fisher_m10

extern string s3="Heiken_Ashi_Ma settings";

extern int MaMethod = 1;

extern int MaPeriod = 15;

The EA backtested well for January with over 40% profit but since Aug 2006 it has not done so well. Less than 50/50 wins to losses and only 27% profit. I used stoploss 100 and TakeProfit 50 as well as trading hours for asian session from 0 to 3 and european session from 9 to 11.

Next version will add daily and 4 hr trend as determined by GMACD, then DigiStoch.

Then will add Nina EMA idea and then STepMA_Stoch.

Robert

Reason: