Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 15

ON IBFX demo account usd/chf , usd/jpy eur/usd is working fine but gbp/usd is saying no conditions to open trade. What may be wrong

matrixebiz:
What page is the newest EA for this system on?

Id like to try it

What are the best/safest settings?

Thanks

All of the latest updates are in the .zip file in the first post.

I use H1 timeframe. Scan the 10Point3 thread for ideas on other settings for Takeprofit, etc.

jyrik:
ON IBFX demo account usd/chf , usd/jpy eur/usd is working fine but gbp/usd is saying no conditions to open trade. What may be wrong

Right now, GBPUSD is in a strong uptrend condition on the H4 timeframe. If the JRSX indicator is losing momentum (going down), you won't see any trades...we don't want to sell into a rising overall trend. Likewise, during a strong downtrend condition on the H4 timeframe, we don't want to be buying when the JRSX indicator is gaining momentum (going up). These are usually pullbacks. The JRSX and JVEL indicators work in tandem. During a ranging period, buys or sells are permitted depending on the state of the JRSX.

bluto:
All of the latest updates are in the .zip file in the first post. I use H1 timeframe. Scan the 10Point3 thread for ideas on other settings for Takeprofit, etc.

Ok, great, what currencies are safest to trade with? with this EA

matrixebiz:
Ok, great, what currencies are safest to trade with? with this EA

Any of them, really. The EA can handle ranging and trending currencies equally. I prefer to stick with the pairs with the smallest spreads and good volatility periods. The ones I trade are:

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDJPY

Tross:
Hey,

frantacech wrote a neat post on hedging pyramid's

The interesting thing of course, is that the progression he uses is a Fibonacci Sequence.

1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34 . .

I had to try it instead of a martingale

For lot size increments. You can see that the FibSequence allows you to enter more trades before your risk reaches the same level, obviously your reward scales similiarly.

Heres the code I replaced in the EA.

This code could replace any of the martingale code in the similiar EA's that this one is based on.

I replaced this

if (MaxTrades>12) { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*1.5,2); }

else { mylotsi=NormalizeDouble(mylotsi*2,2); }[/CODE]

with this

[CODE]mylotsi=MathRound(MathPow(1.6180339,cnt+1)/MathSqrt(5))*lotsi;

It should also adjust for whatever LOTS you choose, ie. .01, .1 or 1.

Heres some results for January to August on 30min GBPUSD.

Tross,

That's awesome! Perhaps the Fib mod along with the Goblin trend detector is the secret sauce....or at least part of it. Nice enhancement! I'm going to build that into Goblin as an option that can be selected. I've also got a mod I'm just about done with that will let the user specific an initial lot size and a lot increment; that would let a trader specifiy that they want a lot size sequence such as .01, .02, .03, .04, etc.

Any downsides to this EA?

Bluto,

This looks like a great EA. I was wondering about potential downsides to the EA. What kind of things should we be looking for...to improve upon, etc? I loaded this last night and have run the EA 15 hours and I'm already up 680 pips. Needless to say this rocks!! (As long as there is a tolerable downside...)

Trader1

No Trades

I've attached the Goblin to H1 charts on the 4 majors before the markets opened on Sunday evening. So far, no trades have been executed.

I have set up a mini demo account with IBFX and the lots are .01. These are nano lots, trading a penney per pip.

I also have the indicator in the indicator folder. The information is appearing at the top left of each chart. But it reports, 'No Conditions to open trades'.

I see others are reporting that they have had trades open. Could it be the mini account using nanao lots? I use nano lots on just about all of the demos when I test an EA, or at least when I can I do.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Eureka

kenari05:
did backtesting on july....was a failure

kenari05,

I ran backtest on FXDD demo for July. $3000 initial deposit. H1 timeframe.

When tested with default settings, test stop within a few days on Margin Call (no free margin). With MaxTrades=2 & OrderstoProtect=1, I got very good results. Not sure I believe it, but it had 90% model quality.

Wackena

Hi Trader1, At 680 pips in 15 hours I suspect you may have been using mini lots, it's been suggested to trade Goblin on Micro accounts if you want to minimize large open positions not to mention potential drawdowns, obviously this will limit the profit considerably, it all depends on how much risk you are willing to take. For myself I have learned the hard way in the past and find that micro accounts allow me to sleep at night without the worry of blowing an account and to me that's................. PRICELESS.

Trader1:
Bluto,

This looks like a great EA. I was wondering about potential downsides to the EA. What kind of things should we be looking for...to improve upon, etc? I loaded this last night and have run the EA 15 hours and I'm already up 680 pips. Needless to say this rocks!! (As long as there is a tolerable downside...)

Trader1
Reason: