Is not giving the user the option to set the initial lot considered "unfair" to the user?

Hello,

I've created an EA and passed the auto-validation, and I'm just trying to get ahead of any potential issue with this topic with the human-validation. Let me explain: my EA works fine when the initial lot size is 0.01. Raising that by just one miniLot is risking too much. Therefore I'm "hiding" this from the user, I let them of course choose many other things, but the initial lot is 0.01 and I don't wanna ruin the "good behavior" of my EA by letting the user set, i.e., 0.02.

Now, I'm doing this to protect the good performance of the EA which, in return, will benefit ultimately the user, but I understand I'm doing it at the cost of not letting them set a so-considered basic option. I know (and I own!) some EA from the market where the initial lot is set, no matter what, so I guess it WAS not illegal/unfair to do such a thing, but what about now?

Also, besides if it's allowed or not, you guys, as a user, what would you think of that matter? Thanks in advance for any opinion.

So if i have a million dollar account, i would be stuck at trading 0.01?

If you do not want your user exposed to too much risk then do not use martingale.

Enrique Dangeroux #:

So if i have a million dollar account, i would be stuck at trading 0.01?

If you do not want your user exposed to too much risk then do not use martingale.

Well, the whole point of hiding the lot size is precisely to avoid greedy angry users like you who want to make a quick buck at the expense of ignoring the EA recommendations, and then having them come back complaining that their account is blown in 2 days ;)

I am not even angry.

Fact of the matter is you are not concerned about users risk. With martingale there is infinite risk, there no point in talking about the risk of 0.01 vs 0.02.

The only thing you are concerned about is complaining users. Customers suck. Statistically one out of x customers is unreasonable. If you do not want complains, do not sell the product, nor the signal for that matter.

Enrique Dangeroux #:

I am not even angry.

It was a cheeky answer, I confess, but you deserved it with your previous answer. I mean, if you had $1M account I doubt very much you'd be looking in this Market in the first place. That kind of makes your whole answer invalid, but should you wish to do it, I think I'd charge you a whole lot more for letting you make your quick buck.

Enrique Dangeroux #:

Fact of the matter is you are not concerned about users risk. With martingale there is infinite risk...

You do have a fixation with martingale, I see, and you don't even know my EA, which isn't yet published. But I'll amuse you by giving you my view on the whole martingale thing: yes, the risk is infinite, but also the benefit is infinite. An argument people against martingale use is that the price cannot go always in your favor and at some point it's going to go against you, and that's absolutely right. There's a certain randomness to it, and I'd argue that's its main appeal. The problem is, in my opinion, when the argument used to "refute" the martingale thing is that "if the price keeps going in the wrong direction it'll blow your account". Again, right, but let's think about it: the price cannot always go in your favor, but can it ALWAYS go against you? Kind of contradictory, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to amuse you since you have that obsession with martingale, but my system doesn't use it. Let me highlight that for you and make it clear once and for all: my EA system does not use martingale.

Enrique Dangeroux #:

The only thing you are concerned about is complaining users. Customers suck. Statistically one out of x customers is unreasonable. If you do not want complains, do not sell the product, nor the signal for that matter.

Wow, we have a mind-reader here. You know exactly what I'm concerned about, right? Sure. Let me again clarify this for you: I'm not concerned about users' complaints. There are gonna be complaints, of course, and I'll be more than happy to address them. I'm concerned, tho, about users complaining because they choose to ignore the EA recommendations they're being given. Yes, you're the user, you can do whatever you want, but if your EA is telling you to go right and you choose to go left, don't come later complaining the EA's bad and wrong and blah, blah... I mean, I'm pretty sure you don't go back to IKEA complaining that the table you purchased able to support up to 200 kg broke when your elephant stepped onto it. That's what I'm concerned about, and in my experience there's a good bunch of users who will simply not read the description/recommendations, or will do whatever they want for that matter, and I want to minimize that.

Now, a final word: nobody asked you to reply to my thread. Nobody. You did and I'm grateful for your opinion, but at least express it with respect. Your tone since comment #1 spews arrogance. If you're gonna keep "helping" me with that kind of answers, I'd rather if you would not. Thanks.

Besides the valid points already raised by @Enrique Dangeroux, remember too, that there are Market rules in place that prohibit the sellers from proactively "limiting" their products. If you are intentionally limiting their "risk", instead of allowing the user the the option, then that would be violating the rule, and you will receive user complaints.

Also, your EA cannot ignore broker contract specifications, and those specifications could easily have a minimum lot size that is more than 0.01. In fact I have worked with symbols and brokers where the minimum volume is 0.1 or even 1.0. If your EA were to reject trading under those conditions, it would again be violating rules, and be removed from the Market when users start complaining.

EDIT: And if there are products that are limiting this currently, then they ARE violating the rules, but maybe customers are not actively complaining and reporting the situation to the service desk.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Besides the valid points already raised by @Enrique Dangeroux, remember too, that there are Market rules in place that prohibit the sellers from proactively "limiting" their products. If you are intentionally limiting their "risk", instead of allowing the user the the option, then that would be violating the rule, and you will receive user complaints.

Also, your EA cannot ignore broker contract specifications, and those specifications could easily have a minimum lot size that is more than 0.01. In fact I have worked with symbols and brokers where the minimum volume is 0.1 or even 1.0. If your EA were to reject trading under those conditions, it would again be violating rules, and be removed from the Market when users start complaining.

EDIT: And if there are products that are limiting this currently, then they ARE violating the rules, but maybe customers are not actively complaining and reporting the situation to the service desk.

Fair points. Regarding the minimum, I'm checking that before placing an order. It's the initial lot I had a doubt whether I should "hide" or not. I was hesitant, but I guess I'll leave it open and recommend a minimum instead. Thanks.

Reason: