Live Testing reports - page 15

TheCockEyedCowboy,

Are you referring to the divergence function? I was considering using math terms but decided to be more clear and less explicit. It is like finding the round part of the bell curve. This was something I noticed visually but didn't know how to put into an indicator and never tried.

I do agree Phoenix has issues, and they are on a list to be fixed. There are no settings for trends, support/resistance, market type, etc. It isn't hard to add those things, but I personally wanted to 'make it work' before I decided to 'make it better' - and that was a choice I made because people do like Phoenix and were trading with it despite bugs. Fix the bugs before 'fixing the system' is how I wanted to approach development.

Thanks for your honest opinion.

daraknor:
TheCockEyedCowboy,

Are you referring to the divergence function? I was considering using math terms but decided to be more clear and less explicit. It is like finding the round part of the bell curve. This was something I noticed visually but didn't know how to put into an indicator and never tried.

I do agree Phoenix has issues, and they are on a list to be fixed. There are no settings for trends, support/resistance, market type, etc. It isn't hard to add those things, but I personally wanted to 'make it work' before I decided to 'make it better' - and that was a choice I made because people do like Phoenix and were trading with it despite bugs. Fix the bugs before 'fixing the system' is how I wanted to approach development.

Thanks for your honest opinion.

No its more of a basic principle of trading I refered too. But Know that you mentioned the divergence signal. That measures the differance between the distance between two MA from today and yesterday. Something very similar can be acheived by the difference between a SMA and an EMA of the same period lenght. Plot the two MAs on a 13 period for example and look at the distance between them and the markets expantion and contractions.

To fix the system one would be better to go back to its roots the contest version, without the extar baggage, and work on that code as it simpler and contains the engine that makes it work. Once that is done testing should be done on a controlled base, more can be derived that way then have everone go off in different directions.

Every one wants a system that works in every market conditions and in most cases to acheive that you have to water down the system to make it robust. Your end project turns tuo average at best. Some times its best to accept its limits and trade it were it works the best and keep it from trading outside of its environment. The part of Phenix that I was testing would dictate that. Making it trade within a trending market would require a change to a part of the code that contains the SOUL of Pheonix, the part that makes it work the way it does.

There is an improvement that can be added (afterward) that would increase its returns while decreasing the drawn downs that no one has yet mentioned. I know that Ps people off when I do that, but you have all of the holidays to think about it.

The Cockeyed Cowboy

cockeyedcowboy:
To fix the system one would be better to go back to its roots the contest version, without the extar baggage, and work on that code as it simpler and contains the engine that makes it work. Once that is done testing should be done on a controlled base, more can be derived that way then have everone go off in different directions.

I'm not convinced that Mode3 (working as intended, settings at default) is a really good enhancement. It seems okay, but adds a lot of complication and sometimes extra delay before the next trade is made. I don't think it is bad to have the option of splitting the trade and setting different TP levels, but I'm not sure it solves anything either.

Every one wants a system that works in every market conditions and in most cases to acheive that you have to water down the system to make it robust. Your end project turns tuo average at best. Some times its best to accept its limits and trade it were it works the best and keep it from trading outside of its environment.

I agree with you generically. One of my goals is to make Phoenix stable despite trends. I don't want to see a giant crash in the balance because it kept guessing wrong on a week long trend. Removing that giant drop is more of my goal than trying to make the system profit all the time in every market.

There is an improvement that can be added (afterward) that would increase its returns while decreasing the drawn downs that no one has yet mentioned. I know that Ps people off when I do that, but you have all of the holidays to think about it.

I have a lot of improvements that can be added as well. I haven't mentioned many of them outside of a private mailing list. My public focus has been on stability. Some people have made suggestions in private, and I keep track of suggestions. Maybe we should compare notes more?

cockeyedcowboy:

Hope y'al have a nice holiday season;

Ditto, to you and to all - Happy holidays!

Mario

Interbank FX, LLC LIVE MICRO

EA 5.70 | 18.12. - 23.12.2006

EUR/USD Mode 1 (Risk 0,05)

GBP/USD Mode 3 (Risk 0,1) because good rersults in the past

EUR/JPY Mode 3 default

USD/JPY Mode 3 default

USD/CHF removed because bad results in the past only loss in variable EA 5.603-5.608

My first ever live trading

1. Timeframe: M15

2. Broker: FXDD

3. Settings file: Default

4. Account: Live (micro account)

5. Version: 5_7_0

6. Mode: 3

7. Pairs traded: 2 (USDCHF & GBPUSD)

8. Profit: 458 pips (153)

9. Time Period: 1 week

(if we want to compare Mode3 to Mode1 I should probably divide profit with 3 so profit is 153 Pips, since I have MM turned off and i'm trading 0.1 lots per trade) - correct?

5 trades (5 times 3)

Win 4x

Loss 1x

Sell 3x (90 pips)

Buy 2x (368 pips)

As you can see, we have a problem, since Phoenix performs better on Real account than Demo

No, seriously, I ove explanation. Numbers are correct, but some half of the trades I closed manually. I know, that this distort the real picture, but I rather have distorted picture than distorted my account lol lol lol

For example, last day GBPUSD come withing few pips to close with gain at first target, when started turning away, so I quickly closed all three trades. (+243 pips) Later I saw, that I would give back all if I wouldn't close positions.

Since next week I may use different version/settings(?) I closed all trades.

I Also started trading Sunday few hours later.

I'm adding statement this time, but first and last trade are manual trades. There will be more manual trades in future, so I will rather start posting just numbers. (picture bellow)

Why I decided to trade only USDCHF & GBPUSD? Because they were best performers in Wackena's past few weeks tests.

Mario

Cockeyedcowboy wrote

I dont mind, be the first to tell you I'm socially dysfunctional any way.

socially dysfunctional ??? Ah ! Ah !

This a good one.. I like it !!!

Well Cockeeyed : better "socially dysfunctional " than nothing... or sleeping sheep with a brain like a nut!!!! I like it !!!!

Btw I don't agree with you when you say that I have to learn how Phoenix work : I am NOT a programmer, I know very few things about programming...

I will never be a programmer : I have NOT the logical brain (perhaps intelligence !) for that..

Europeans and US fundamentals ok, relations between ECB and Fed (they have !), China/Japs, the nice tango between China and US gvt : ok ! Relation South america/North america : no problem...

I can explain all that (and economicals after near 3 years on the FX market)... with my point of view perhaps wrong but I have one... and at the end : not totally stupid...

Every body as is own sensibility... You, Darak, and others one (Dymitry, Wack, Fikko, etc) are like fish in the water with program...

The interesting thing is alway that different people meet for the same goal...

My 2 c

how bout this week performance?

anyone testing v5.6.08?

Testing report

4. Account: regular Demo

7. Pairs traded first week : 5 (EUR/JPY - EUR/USD - USDCHF - GBPUSD -USD/JPY)

Pairs traded second week : 4 (EUR/JPY remooved - EUR/USD - USDCHF - GBPUSD -USD/JPY)

8. Profit: +8.05 % including floating P/L

9. Time Period: 2 weeks

10. Deposit 25,000

EUR/USD was overall the only negative pair. I will remove it from next week tests. Is it too early to do so or should we test it more to see if the latest changes will affect it ?

m6m6:

4. Account: regular Demo

7. Pairs traded first week : 5 (EUR/JPY - EUR/USD - USDCHF - GBPUSD -USD/JPY)

Pairs traded second week : 4 (EUR/JPY remooved - EUR/USD - USDCHF - GBPUSD -USD/JPY)

8. Profit: +8.05 % including floating P/L

9. Time Period: 2 weeks

10. Deposit 25,000

EUR/USD was overall the only negative pair. I will remove it from next week tests. Is it too early to do so or should we test it more to see if the latest changes will affect it ?

hi!

just wonder..

i found out that you had 3 losses on 11 dec in usdchf, but there is no loss in wackena's usdchf on that day..

is that a bug?

Reason: