Live Testing reports - page 19

Continuation...

daraknor:
The 1.0 1.0 1.7 was optimized based on a TP=48. I need to write the manual that talks about which settings are "money management optimization", "trade optimization" and "signal optimization". Modifying the TP & Mode3 T1adj T2adj and T3adj should be done as a "set" and not independently since they are both MM and Trade Optimization. For mode1 Trade optimization and Money management can be configured separately, but mode3 they are usually the same settings. Short version: when you modify TP, you should calculate your own best T1adj T2adj T3adj.

I appreciate you trying to explain but I am still confused. I did not change anything in the setting or code, I use 100% Default mode 3. So, if I understand, the code below should be change.

P_Mode3_CloseTrade2_3 = 90;

P_Mode3_TakeProfit = 110;

P_Mode3_StopLoss = 80;

For:

P_Mode3_CloseTrade2_3 = 42;

P_Mode3_TakeProfit = 42;

P_Mode3_StopLoss = 84;

Then I set the "T1adj T2adj and T3adj" to 1.0, 1.0, 1.7.

Am I doing better ? I found and will read the Metatrader Development Course so I can contribute and understand the code and the optimization part.

m6m6:

So, if I understand, the code below should be change.

For:

I found and will read the Metatrader Development Course so I can contribute and understand the code and the optimization part.

m6m6, sorry, I can't answer, not enough knowledge, see I also need this Metatrader Development Course

Can you please post a link to it?

Mario

Metatrader Development Course

alamanjani:
I also need this Metatrader Development Course

Can you please post a link to it?

Mario

Here you go !

m6m6:

For:

P_Mode3_TakeProfit = 42;

P_Mode3_StopLoss = 84;

If you "T1adj T2adj and T3adj" to 1.0, 1.0, 1.7, then mode 3 will open three trade, fisrt trade with lots same as output TP 42(T1adj=1.0), second trade same lots with TP 42(T2adj=1.0) and thrird trade with TP 71(T2adj=1.7).

Mode 3 before change to "T1adj T2adj and T3adj" only divide lots into 3.

m6m6:
I appreciate you trying to explain but I am still confused. I did not change anything in the setting or code, I use 100% Default mode 3. So, if I understand, the code below should be change.

P_Mode3_TakeProfit = 110;

P_Mode3_StopLoss = 80;

For:

P_Mode3_TakeProfit = 42;

P_Mode3_StopLoss = 84;

Am I doing better ? I found and will read the Metatrader Development Course so I can contribute and understand the code and the optimization part.

IMHO..

if your mode3 first TP is 110 as above, then your TP will be like this --> 110,110,187..

but TP of 187 seems too high. i think better if you use the default 0.8,1.0.1.2

plz correct this if i am wrong.. =)

CoolSter:
IMHO..

if your mode3 first TP is 110 as above, then your TP will be like this --> 110,110,187..

but TP of 187 seems too high. i think better if you use the default 0.8,1.0.1.2

plz correct this if i am wrong.. =)

Not quite right: If your Mode 1 target is 110 and your

TP1, TP2 and TP3 are .8, 1.0 and 1.2, your targets will be 88, 110 and 132.

TP1, TP2 and TP3 are 1.0,1.0, 1.7, then your targets will be 110,110, 187.

basically you multiply the settings times the Mode 1 Target price to get your Mode 3 target price.

Hope this helps.

m6m6:
Here you go !

Thank you!

Mario

8/1/2007 - 10/1/2007

1-Timeframe: 15min,

2- Broker: NF,

3- Settings file: Defaults, only changed in t1,t2,t3 = 1,1,1.7

4- Account: Demo,

5- Version: 5.7.0 , 5.7.1

6- Mode 3, full auto

7- Cur : $/CHF, GB/$,(mode 3)

GB/JPY, $/JPY (mode 1)

Results : (-320 pips) floating (-30 pips)

Comment : *sigh* $/CHF open only 1 trade instead of 3 in mode 3

Files:

Hello all,

I didn't publish any trading results for a while (am just too busy with my day job). I will update on my three demos hopefully next weekend.

so far...

Demo #0 (Mode3) 95% gain since 11/05/06 (5 pairs)

Demo #1 (Mode3) 14% gain since 12/19/06 (6 pairs)

Demo #2 (Mode1) -8% loss since 12/19/06 (6 pairs)

all my demos run 24/7 and there's a look-but-don't-touch policy.

Demo#0 made almost 5000 pips since 11/05 just between GBP/$ and $/CHF. the other pairs $/JPY, EUR/$, EUR/JPY cancel each other out.

my big winners are definately sterling and the swissie.

i did stop trading my live account though because $/JPY was just loosing all over the place. i started again last week and i am trading just the pound and the swiss-franc now. and hey, i am making back what i have lost before.

AZBOfin

Starting time important

bertbin:
Yes Sir !

Like you I am amazed by the results of this week !

Thats why my comments were a bit... shorts ! I have no logical explanations, even crazy one's!

Always on my wired thought about the starting time : I try to see what hapend in the 12 hours after openning in the last week. This week I started late : 12 hours after openning.

Tokyo at openning (at openning) is very volatil ,reacting at the news of the past Friday and go in a direction... that London and after NY most time go against. If you start Phoenix at the openning, Phoenix react well... and after signals go in the trend.

And if you have reach your Max trade or MM and if the trend of London and NY react : then you are locked in the wrong way. The only solution is to closed immediatly and manually all your open trades to avoid the big splash of the SL (s).

You can't wait even if you screw your test.... Especially in Mode 3 the third SL hurts your K hardly !!!!!!

Now Darak if you want global statement of two last week, no problem

See you.

Hello Bertbin

I am trying to understand your comment regarding the starting time for Phoenix. How I understand your comment is as follows:

You are saying that the best time to start Phoenix fully auto is on Tokyo open, because then Phoenix actually follows the trend.

But if you open on London open it can hurt your account.

Is my understanding correct? As I am currently starting Phoenix every morning my time about a 2-hours before London open with mixed results.

Thank you all for a great forum.

Reason: