Live Testing reports - page 17

alamanjani:
Since I'm new into the MQ4 world, I'm a little confused. What exackly is IB (introducing brokers) how it is work and what are planes for Phoenix Fund, and us in future?

Can someone (Daraknor) explain in details (and plain English) what are planes and how will this affect us nonprogrammers?

Mario

alamanjani

dont get upset, I was just answering m6x2 post about restricting the EA. I have no idear what daraknor is planing in relations to the fund. I was just answering a post. yes IB stands for introducing broker.

The CockeyedCowboy

cockeyedcowboy :

dont get upset, I was just answering m6x2 post about restricting the EA.

Uh, OK lol

Mario

cockeyedcowboy:

This I could support if, that is, the fund is in fact, legal and above board. If the moneyes collected go to the purpose of the fund and minimal amounts are use for administration purposes. I have seen good causes, were 90% of the collected funds go into the pockets of the orgenaizer dna very little left for its indented purpose. This I would not support.

The Cockeyed Cowboy

If we have the managed hosting service doing the trading, it could be restricted in a way that the users don't have access to even the ex4 file. I'm not recommending this for Phoenix or PhoenixFund, but it is a possibility for commercial EA that want security, etc.

I would love for Phoenix to be self tuning, self optimizing and so on. I am working toward that goal.

The fund is very legal, above board, etc. I will publish the existing bank statements at Jan 1. Also, no donated funds will ever be spent. The EA trading profits will be split 50/50 between #1 increasing the fund size and #2 funding transparent, nonreligious, UN Development Program aligned programs. I'm going to have a contract drawn up to that effect. There is currently only one other signer on the bank account and FXDD account, and that is the CEO of the foundation. I have invited a few other people but haven't received responses. The paperwork was submitted to FXDD, I'm calling tomorrow to make sure there weren't any problems. We can supposedly fill out the forms to trade with FXDD now, and put "PhoenixFund" in the upper right and receive credit. I just want to make sure everything clicked before I announce it far and wide.

The only direct benefit I get is promotion for my time is promotional advertising for my professional services, like the one in my signature. I think that is payment enough.

home work of the week

1-Timeframe: 15min,

2- Broker: FXDD,

3- Settings file: Defaults,

4- Account: Demo,

5- Version: 5.7,

6- Mode 3

7- Cur : $/CHF $/JPY, GB/$, Eur/JPY

Started Tuesday 12h00 GMT

Comments : Ouch !!!! Weeks are not the same !!!

Comments ? No comments !! Coz I don't know what to say...

Phoenix working better in "dark" than "clear" situation ?(trend last week againt spaghettis range this week)

Well will... forget about these two weeks where the worst was aside the better.

Explanation : huuummm.... it was like that...

Sunday : new year : I whish to everybody a big container of black pips at the highests lots they want..

Files:

Did I read that right? Using default settings with Phoenix 5.7.0 Mode3 and the account gained $801 on about 5000 in a week, with some open trades from last week closing?

daraknor:
Did I read that right? Using default settings with Phoenix 5.7.0 Mode3 and the account gained $801 on about 5000 in a week, with some open trades from last week closing?

Yes Sir !

Like you I am amazed by the results of this week !

Thats why my comments were a bit... shorts ! I have no logical explanations, even crazy one's!

Always on my wired thought about the starting time : I try to see what hapend in the 12 hours after openning in the last week. This week I started late : 12 hours after openning.

Tokyo at openning (at openning) is very volatil ,reacting at the news of the past Friday and go in a direction... that London and after NY most time go against. If you start Phoenix at the openning, Phoenix react well... and after signals go in the trend.

And if you have reach your Max trade or MM and if the trend of London and NY react : then you are locked in the wrong way. The only solution is to closed immediatly and manually all your open trades to avoid the big splash of the SL (s).

You can't wait even if you screw your test.... Especially in Mode 3 the third SL hurts your K hardly !!!!!!

Now Darak if you want global statement of two last week, no problem

See you.

Post of the week

Test 1:

5- Version: 5.7.0,

6- Mode 3

7- Cur : $/CHF, $/JPY, GB/$

Not as good as bertbin. No human intervention. Full automatic 100% of the time. If I consider Equity at beginning and at the end, -1.21 % for the week and +6.73% for 3 weeks.

Test 2:

3- Settings file: Defaults but 0.10 MM,

6- Mode 1

7- Cur : $/CHF, GB/$

Good results. No human intervention. Full automatic 100% of the time. If I consider Equity at beginning and at the end, +7.35 % for the week and 10.79% for 2 weeks.

M6M6

1/ At what time did you started exactly ?

2/ What was your results previous week ?

Congrats for your Mode 1 results !!!!!

(the first guy who say that Phoenix is not working I will send him immediatly your statement !!!!)

Have a tremoudous 31 dec party and an happy new year...

15th Dec - 29th Dec

Howdy,

2- Broker: NF,

6- Mode 3

7- Cur : EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY

Enjoy,

Vince

Reply to Bertbin

M6M6

1/ At what time did you started exactly ?

2/ What was your results previous week ?

QUOTE]

1/ At opening time at FXDD, 2:00 dec 26th. I open the software during the day and it triggers itself when FXDD open. I do the same each Sunday afternoon every regular trading week.

2/ Test 1, +6.78 % (Week 2 of 3)

Test 2, +3.20 % (Week 1 of 2)

As written in other posts, some currencies seams to be more profitable but I think it is a bit early in the testing to confirm. Now that we have a stable 5.7.0, we should be working on optimizing it. As another collaborator wrote, without killing it ! I think it is also a good idea to have 2 or more accounts with different settings. Divertification will result in more stable results. By combining a slow week or month in 1 account to a good in the other, it should make interesting results most of the time.

Reason: