Live Testing reports - page 13

Ibfx

daraknor:
CashTiger, your results are very easy to understand and fix. Don't use IBFX Sorry you had a loss, but this is something we have discussed very much. We'll have FXDD IB set up for Phoenix Fund soon. The next batch of paperwork will be printed this weekend.

hello,

i don't understand why not use IBFX ?

Phoenix win with other broker and loss with IBFX ? I don't understant why ?

seb:
hello,

Hi Seb

Phoenix is not loosing with IBFX... Let say that Phoenix is winning... better with FXDD...

Why ? Let's say that signal (and connections and spread) are not so.. good in IBFX. And we are not here to... catch flies...

My 2c

1. Timeframe: M15

2. Broker: TradeX

3. Settings file: Default

4. Account: $10K Demo

5. Version: 5.6.06 (12/5 thru 12/12), 5.6.08 (12/13 thru 12/18) (somehow missed 5.6.07a)

6. Mode: 3

7. Pairs traded: GBP$, EUR$, $JPY, $CHF

Here are my results from 12/5 through 12/18 10:00am EDT. Phoenix Mode 3 achieved a 20.70% return in just under 2 weeks time. Pretty good, but of course, this is a short term view. Still, very nice!

I only use TradeX for demo purposes and would never trade live funds with them due to a LOT of price spikes. I have a StrategyBuilder and North Finance demo setup running, both of which have better feeds, but I have other tests going there for now.

Queistion: Is it correct/ok to simply switch from one build to the next as released without interrupting trading, or should I close all open/pending orders and start fresh with each new build? I was thinking that if you're just making slight bug fixes, it would be ok to just insert the latest build. Just to clarify... Unless you say differently, I am only closing out trading and start fresh when there is a change from EITHER: 5.X.X to 6.X.X or 5.6.X to 5.7.X....if it's only a 5.6.X to 5.6.X change, I just change the EA and keep the trading going. Please let me know if that's correct. Thanks!!

Awesome work!!

I will start listing which versions are safe to upgrade as changes are made. Upgrading to 5.7.0 from 5.6.x should be safe. The method used to track the open orders changed significantly, but the new version doesn't care how the old version tracked information.

I think the main mistake that could be made in upgrading is if multiple copies were running on the same currency pair simultaneously, or if a magic number changed. Magic numbers haven't changed at all.

Phoenix 6 will not be a 'drop in' replacement for open trades but it will be safe by default to run Phoenix 5 and Phoenix 6 at the same time (magic numbers will change).

seb:
hello,

bertbin is correct, it is just a matter of "winning better" with FXDD. Due to some randomness between different people using the same EA, it is possible for a low performance week with one person turn into a loss for another person. FXDD tends to have better weeks on average.

Part of this is due to a more stable signal, part of it is due to less stoplosses being hit through drastically jumping spread. In attempting to make Phoenix more reliable with its signal, it became more overall profitable as well. (to verify this, change signal_count to 1 instead of 5 and backtest.)

I don't know all of the reasons why IBFX has some many people complaining about these issues and people are having higher profits, but these tests and my own research scared me off enough to not use them.

Wackena:

This is a quick summary of results from 2006.11.27.

1. Timeframe: 15M

2. Broker: NF

3. Settings file: Default

GBPUSD 12 0 12:0 1.2 1,117.00 1,117

USDCHF 10 0 10:0 1.0 756.78 913

I'm going live (FXDD-mode3) this week with your two the most sucesfull pairs. So you didn't use any different settings, right?

Monday (yesterday) I almost got stopped out of USD.CHF for 3x80=>-240 pips. Was only few pips away.

Today I got stopped out of GBP.USD -240 pips. If I wouldnt be lucky yesterday i could be down 480 pips in two days. (micro account, no sweating)

But it is mine fault, since I started EA (6_5_7) around 8 hours later so our results will not be comparable.

I hope that 6_5_7 pick up next few days lol

Mario

Bug report

I am forward testing in different modes in seperate computers.

The following test is placing funny orders:

FXDD

Mode 1

Default except risk at 0.1 instead of 0.05

EUR/USD

It is opening orders with very tight S/L and T/P

Today at 09:45:37, it opened a 2.4 lot at 1.3178 sl:1.3188 tp: 1.3168

10 pips each way.

Is this normal ?

USD/JPY placing orders normally on the same test!

m6m6:
I am forward testing in different modes in seperate computers.

The following test is placing funny orders:

FXDD

Mode 1

Default except risk at 0.1 instead of 0.05

EUR/USD

It is opening orders with very tight S/L and T/P

Today at 09:45:37, it opened a 2.4 lot at 1.3178 sl:1.3188 tp: 1.3168

10 pips each way.

Is this normal ?

USD/JPY placing orders normally on the same test!

Those are EURUSD settings contributed by a user. EURUSD is difficult to make profitable with all versions Phoenix currently in use. EURUSD is not recommended for live trading and the settings were included because the were an improvement over the generic settings for any currency.

alamanjani:
I'm going live (FXDD-mode3) this week with your two the most sucesfull pairs. So you didn't use any different settings, right?

Monday (yesterday) I almost got stopped out of USD.CHF for 3x80=>-240 pips. Was only few pips away.

Today I got stopped out of GBP.USD -240 pips. If I wouldnt be lucky yesterday i could be down 480 pips in two days. (micro account, no sweating)

But it is mine fault, since I started EA (6_5_7) around 8 hours later so our results will not be comparable.

I hope that 6_5_7 pick up next few days lol

Mario

Phoenix just seems to be picking bad trades so far this week. I have reviewed a few users trade logs and Phoenix just went the wrong direction. Most of the markets have had a really strong trend the past 36 hours or so. I haven't checked the news, but it seems that something happened and then the markets went back to their former levels. "event driven price action" as they say.

daraknor:
Phoenix just seems to be picking bad trades so far this week. I have reviewed a few users trade logs and Phoenix just went the wrong direction...

And I started at the wrong time (tipically for me) lol

Today is better. Got all back already

Mode 3 works (moving S/L) as planned.

Will have results ready this weekend.

Mario

Reason: