Live Testing reports - page 16

CoolSter:
hi!

just wonder..

i found out that you had 3 losses on 11 dec in usdchf, but there is no loss in wackena's usdchf on that day..

is that a bug?

I don't think so. May be Wackena closed manually some trades but only Wackena can answer that. All I can say is that, for now, I do not assist any trades. Phoenix is on autopilot by itself.

CoolSter:
hi!

just wonder..

i found out that you had 3 losses on 11 dec in usdchf, but there is no loss in wackena's usdchf on that day.. is that a bug?

Short version: not a bug.

With slightly different settings, (or different start times) 2 copies of Phoenix using the same broker will be out synch and they will have different trades. Different brokers = different markets too. depending on Mode3 settings, Phoenix will sit longer or shorter in trades waiting for them to close.

To make 2 copies of Phoenix trade similarly, increasing signal_count on both systems would help them synchronize again faster. signal_count was included so two people with the same broker, same settings will have more similar trades. Even when some trades were manually closed by only one person we noticed 70-80% similarity in entry signal.

PIP Tool Wanted !

Hello,

I think for a better Statement/Report we need a PIP-Result. Than we can better compare.

Does anyone know a tool for MT4 that create a output on PIPs ?

thanks

CashTiger

Merry Christmas @ ALL

bertbin:

Btw I don't agree with you.......

I understand and agree with both sides, both viewpoints.

Cockeyedcowboy, don't want just lay out secrets, for every taker, who is not willing to participate, to just get it served here on a silver plate (may turn out to be golden).

But unfortunatelly, there aren't many programmers on this thread, who can do, what Cockeyedcowboy suggested. And Daraknor can't do it all.

Most of us here are like me: willing to help, but we are not programmers. I'm too old for this. So we are doing what we can, forwardtesting, a little optimizing, we donated a little to Phoenix fund.... and we are hoping we are not just takers. (and of course, to be honest, we are hoping to get profitable EA. Since we can't create it on our own, we are somewhat takers too)

I like Cockeyedcowboy's idea, to find out, which signals are more important. That would later help also to reduce time needed for optimizing. But most of us wouldn't know, what to do, where even start to...

So, is there any happy medium, compromise?

Maybe, if Cockeyedcowboy and Daraknor if you two would exchange few PM's, then secrets would stay away from takers, but Phoenix could gain?

Since (most?) bugs are out of the code, with finding which signals are most important, we can all start optimizing and see if we can get better results.

In the meantime, you guys may work out strategy, what to do next, start all over again with the contest version as starting point or whatever you guys decide, that would be suitable, that would be the best solution. I will stay out of this subject since my limited knowledge don't let me to participate.

My apology for this out of the subject posting, since this is 'Live testing' thread, but subject started here...

Well, I hope this can work out, maybe New Year bring us some PM cooperation betwen Hendrix, Darakor, Cockeyedcowboy, HerbertH... and few others.... and as result get us a GEM.

In the meantime I will keep practicing manual trading, just in case lol lol lol

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone.

Vesel Bozic in srecno Novo Leto (repeated in my language)

Mario

alamanjani:
I understand and agree with both sides, both viewpoints.

Cockeyedcowboy, don't want just lay out secrets, for every taker, who is not willing to participate, to just get it served here on a silver plate (may turn out to be golden).

But unfortunatelly, there aren't many programmers on this thread, who can do, what Cockeyedcowboy suggested. And Daraknor can't do it all.

Most of us here are like me: willing to help, but we are not programmers. I'm too old for this. So we are doing what we can, forwardtesting, a little optimizing, we donated a little to Phoenix fund.... and we are hoping we are not just takers. (and of course, to be honest, we are hoping to get profitable EA. Since we can't create it on our own, we are somewhat takers too)

I like Cockeyedcowboy's idea, to find out, which signals are more important. That would later help also to reduce time needed for optimizing. But most of us wouldn't know, what to do, where even start to...

So, is there any happy medium, compromise?

Maybe, if Cockeyedcowboy and Daraknor if you two would exchange few PM's, then secrets would stay away from takers, but Phoenix could gain?

Since (most?) bugs are out of the code, with finding which signals are most important, we can all start optimizing and see if we can get better results.

In the meantime, you guys may work out strategy, what to do next, start all over again with the contest version as starting point or whatever you guys decide, that would be suitable, that would be the best solution. I will stay out of this subject since my limited knowledge don't let me to participate.

My apology for this out of the subject posting, since this is 'Live testing' thread, but subject started here...

Well, I hope this can work out, maybe New Year bring us some PM cooperation betwen Hendrix, Darakor, Cockeyedcowboy, HerbertH... and few others.... and as result get us a GEM.

In the meantime I will keep practicing manual trading, just in case lol lol lol

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone.

Vesel Bozic in srecno Novo Leto (repeated in my language)

Mario

100 % Mario.. My english is so poor. But you explain exactly : we are not programmers. And it's very hard for us even to go inside Phoenix to see what is good or what is bad : I will never do that !!! We can only help at our level...

Merry Xmas

daraknor:
Short version: not a bug.

With slightly different settings, (or different start times) 2 copies of Phoenix using the same broker will be out synch and they will have different trades. Different brokers = different markets too. depending on Mode3 settings, Phoenix will sit longer or shorter in trades waiting for them to close.

To make 2 copies of Phoenix trade similarly, increasing signal_count on both systems would help them synchronize again faster. signal_count was included so two people with the same broker, same settings will have more similar trades. Even when some trades were manually closed by only one person we noticed 70-80% similarity in entry signal.

-------------------------------------------------------

Daraknor

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Sincerely,

rswamy4449

Pelsonnal contributions

bertbin:
100 % Mario.. My english is so poor. But you explain exactly : we are not programmers. And it's very hard for us even to go inside Phoenix to see what is good or what is bad : I will never do that !!! We can only help at our level... Merry Xmas

I think that we, the people that are not programmers, can contribute tremendously by spreading the word to our family, friends and business contacts so they can join the Fund. They will give financial contributions and the Fund can benefit from the IB retribution on each trade on a continuous base. Further more, think of the growth we can generate if only each person bring in 3 or more members ! I know for myself that I will do it on a full time base. That is what I do best, generate leads, sign them and get referrals from them.

May be it would be a good idea, and again I dont know how to set this up, to*make Phoenix working only if it is hosted by the Fund official hosting service.

Lets all join this great Pheonix Fund concept, complement each other and make this append !

m6m6:

May be it would be a good idea, and again I dont know how to set this up, to*make Phoenix working only if it is hosted by the Fund official hosting service.

6m6m

it is, if the Pheonix is developed and only the ex4 was restricted for use on the IB's platform and can be restricted to view account number of the user as well. That means the the EA would only work on say FXDD platform and on account number xxxxxx which would be an account under the fund. There fore one could not use the ea outside of the fund account. [edit] This would give the user full control of the ea within its usage range, and the fund would benifit with commissions payments. Restricting it to run on just a hosting service I dont know will have to think about it.

For this to work the source code would have to be closed and coded in such a way that even if you had it decompiled it would be useless. Only the ex4 file used in this thread for testing. This would be more secencable to me then all the work that Daraknor is doing that will have minimal inpack on his overall plans with the fund.

For this to work on the IB level, it would have to be self adjusting with mininal user inputs which would exclude the ability to optimize the settings after the EA was finished.

This I could support if, that is, the fund is in fact, legal and above board. If the moneyes collected go to the purpose of the fund and minimal amounts are use for administration purposes. I have seen good causes, were 90% of the collected funds go into the pockets of the orgenaizer dna very little left for its indented purpose. This I would not support.

The Cockeyed Cowboy

CashTiger:
I think for a better Statement/Report we need a PIP-Result. Than we can better compare. Does anyone know a tool for MT4 that create a output on PIPs ?

i always report in pips, anything else doesn't make any sense. i am using these two tools...

ReportTSD MQL script:

produces a report in HTML format. to make it work for a regular account change this line of code and update the currency "names" (remove the "m")

string UsedSymbol[20] = {"USDCHFm","GBPUSDm","USDJPYm","EURUSDm",..................

MTReport:

it processes the statement generated by the MT4 platform. the readout is more detailed than the HTML above. it all depends what you need

hope it helps.

ciao, and a merry x-mas

AZBOfin

cockeyedcowboy:

it is, if the Pheonix is developed and only the ex4 was restricted for use on the IB's platform and can be restricted to view account number of the user as well. That means the the EA would only work on say FXDD platform and on account number xxxxxx which would be an account under the fund. There fore one could not use the ea outside of the fund account.

Since I'm new into the MQ4 world, I'm a little confused. What exackly is IB (introducing brokers) how it is work and what are planes for Phoenix Fund, and us in future?

Can someone (Daraknor) explain in details (and plain English) what are planes and how will this affect us nonprogrammers?

Mario

Reason: