Live Testing reports - page 21

I did some testing and optimization over the past month of data. MaxTrades=10 and Signal_Count 5-50. the numbers were pretty consistent regarding signal count, but each increase reduced the number of trades. Sometimes the drawdown dropped significantly.

With the same signal settings, but in mode3, the system performed in 9th out of 10 places or 11th out of 10 places. I will attach the optimization results shortly.

Personally, I like the idea of 20 signal_count and 10 maxtrades very much, and will likely use that trading style for PhoenixFund as soon as it can trade. (Sending another 30 pages to FXDD. One IB member submitted already.)

Files:

8/1/2007 - 12/1/2007

1-Timeframe: M15,

2- Broker: NF,

3- Settings file: Defaults,

4- Account: Demo,

5- Version: 5.7.0 , 5.7.1

6- Mode 3 and 1

7- Cur : $/CHF , GB/$ (mode 3)

Eur/Jpy , GB/JPY (mode 1)

Comment : News affect the results drastically. Learn a lesson not to open trade during red flag news.

Question about "live statement"

pooshkin:
1-Timeframe: M15

2- Broker: FXDD

3- Settings file: Defaults

4- Account : Demo

5- Version: 5.7.1

6- Mode : 3, full auto

7- Cur : cable, usd/chf, usd/jpy

live statement, update every 5 minuntes :

http://sababafx.com/ft/statement.htm

How did you set the live statement ? I did try and FXDD does not allow it for demo and, apparently, only possible for funded live accounts.

Thank you in advance for your comments !

m6m6:
How did you set the live statement ? I did try and FXDD does not allow it for demo and, apparently, only possible for funded live accounts. Thank you in advance for your comments !

tools -> option-> publish

works for me in demo fxdd

Live statements

pooshkin:
tools -> option-> publish works for me in demo fxdd

Many thanks ! The problem was that I was not using the right account number in the "Publisher" settings !!! Too many accounts... I will know for sure Monday when my hosting company opens.

my results

Hello all,

Demo #0:

Even though the account suffered a huge drawdown past Thursday, Phoenix did

surprisingly good for this past week of trading. Despite a net-loss of -$385

the account gained +156 pips overall. I am up 73% since November and this is

beyond dreams!

It's all different for my Demo#1. An overall gain of +487pips and still a weekly

loss of -$2656.20. Ouch! Despite the same parameters as for account #0, the

trading pattern was quite off.

Demo#2 - Could have been worse. Without the losses from Thursday this account

could be back on it's way and finally recover the set-back from week #2.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin:
Hello all,

Demo #0:

beyond dreams!

It's all different for my Demo#1. An overall gain of +487pips and still a weekly

AZBOfin

Superb home work AZBO !

Pls test FXDD...

I have one FXDD and one IBFX demo accounts... The results are quite different... Globally FXDD +25 % in one month (that's for me an excellent result) and IBFX down of 50 %..

Last week IBFX was stuck at -35 without any mouvement all the week...

For sure same settings both (TF, mode, inside settings etc...)

If you open and account in FXDD it will automatically open a new file (FXDD-Metrader) in your program file not hurting your another(s) program(s) file(s) of Metatrader (Metratrader 4) to store al the Meta files

My 2c

Well for now... nice weather to day, 28 C, windy(14 knots for now)... Let's go windsurfing...

NB I have nothing to do with these two brookers !!!!! If to morrow FXDD is splashing down I will say exactly the contrary of to day !!!!

bertbin:
Superb home work AZBO !

Pls test FXDD...

I have one FXDD and one IBFX demo accounts... The results are quite different... Globally FXDD +25 % in one month (that's for me an excellent result) and IBFX down of 50 %..

I'll do... actually it's up and running, and ready to trade.

mode3 for the 4 majors.

it's going to be quite interesting. as you have mentioned many times: it all depends when the EA starts trading. if it catches a bad move, i'll carry it thru for a long time and might never recover.

bertbin:
Well for now... nice weather to day, 28 C, windy(14 knots for now)... Let's go windsurfing...

here in phoenix, arizona, last night we had the coldest night since 1990. a few degrees below freezing point is very unusual and it's todays top topic in the news.

AZBOfin

Results of 1 month forward testing

1-Timeframe: M15

2- Broker: Alpari UK

3- Settings file: Defaults (0.1 Risk)

4- Account : Demo

5- Version: 5.7.0 + 5.7.1

6- Mode : 1, full auto

7- Cur : cable

live statement, update every 5 minutes :

http://www.forexlogs.com/forex/stats/December2006/statement.htm

(good idea pooshkin)

AZBOfin:
Hello all,

Demo #0:

beyond dreams!

AZBOfin

The optimization and testing patterns I listed on the settings thread would have the systems more in sync. MaxTrades =10, SignalCount=20. The simultaneous trades is rarely over 2 according to the quick glance I gave the test results, but there aren't any missed "good trades". The systems would appear to make the same trades more often, and results should be more consistent week to week (about 3-5 times the number of trades occur).

Reason: