Live Testing reports - page 4

Not sure if these results will help.

Not sure if this will help the cause any. Here are my results for the week ending 2006.11.17.

let me expalin a little. This past week was full of raging storms and power outages here in the Pacific Northwest. My machine was up and down all week.

In addition, different versions, different modes, and differt settings. I don't know if these results will be of help or be considered reliable. Should I be running all three versions with the same settings for reliable results for posting? If so what settings would be preferred? The TP/SL (20/50) I ran in V.4_02_03 seemed to do really well.

USDJPY

1. Timeframe: 15M

2. Broker: IBFX

3. Settings file: Included

4. Account: Demo

5. Version: 5_6_03

6. Mode: 2

7. Pips: +23

USDJPY

1. Timeframe: 15M

2. Broker: IBFX

3. Settings file: Included

4. Account: Demo

5. Version: 4_2_03

6. Mode: 1

7. Pips: +103

This May be of real importance

There may be potential errors with some of the reports posted here.

I don't know if this localized to my version/broker or not, but it is worth a look.

I am using IBFX Metatrader, Version 4.00 Build 198. I generated my report and archived it to my personal web on November 17, 2006 20:59hrs (Market closed).

While posting the above statements I regenerated the same report with the same dates, same ticket numbers and same balances.....all but the "Open Trades".

When the report is generated and saved with an open trade, the current price is the time price at that moment. Right?........But if you regenerate the same report later with the same dates, that open trade reflects the current open tradeyou may or may not have at this moment. Not the open trade of period generated.

Does this make any sense?

Thus,..... if you were to generate last weeks report this today, the closed P/L seems to be the same but the open trades is different. That affects the pip count ( if you count pips)and the account balance.

The only way I see to be accurate( at least with IBFX MT4) is to generate your report over the weekend when the open trade is actually the real one.

I have enclosed two statements again. "V.4_2_03.htm" is the same as above saved from over the weekend and "BogusV.4htm" is the report I generated at this moment.

Note the ticket numbers and closed prices, all the same except for the open trade. Ticket# 15926158 is the current trade I am in at this very moment.

Please forgive me if this is common knowledge. But I am appolled to now know that if I want to review statements I had better be generating them and backing them up at the time of market close and not regenerating them later.

oh yea, Oooooops on the partial banner at the top of the V.4_2_03 I had to grab it from my web and failed to completly edit it out apparently....My bad.

could anyone else verify if this is just a localized problem with IBFX MT4 or if this spreads all the way across the MT4 platform.

Files:
v.4_2_03.htm  15 kb
bogus_v.4.htm  13 kb

swaps

psnw:
There may be potential errors with some of the reports posted here.

I don't know if this localized to my version/broker or not, but it is worth a look.

I am using IBFX Metatrader, Version 4.00 Build 198. I generated my report and archived it to my personal web on November 17, 2006 20:59hrs (Market closed).

While posting the above statements I regenerated the same report with the same dates, same ticket numbers and same balances.....all but the "Open Trades".

When the report is generated and saved with an open trade, the current price is the time price at that moment. Right?........But if you regenerate the same report later with the same dates, that open trade reflects the current open tradeyou may or may not have at this moment. Not the open trade of period generated.

Does this make any sense?

Thus,..... if you were to generate last weeks report this today, the closed P/L seems to be the same but the open trades is different. That affects the pip count ( if you count pips)and the account balance.

The only way I see to be accurate( at least with IBFX MT4) is to generate your report over the weekend when the open trade is actually the real one.

I have enclosed two statements again. "V.4_2_03.htm" is the same as above saved from over the weekend and "BogusV.4htm" is the report I generated at this moment.

Note the ticket numbers and closed prices, all the same except for the open trade. Ticket# 15926158 is the current trade I am in at this very moment.

Please forgive me if this is common knowledge. But I am appolled to now know that if I want to review statements I had better be generating them and backing them up at the time of market close and not regenerating them later.

oh yea, Oooooops on the partial banner at the top of the V.4_2_03 I had to grab it from my web and failed to completly edit it out apparently....My bad.

could anyone else verify if this is just a localized problem with IBFX MT4 or if this spreads all the way across the MT4 platform.

I think this is just about how swaps are calculated and charged/paid by the broker.

Data banks

I think it would be really great if 'our community' would put some pressure on brokers (maybe reputable ones) to create and make it available their own databanks.

Maybe we can all call all brokers and just start asking about it all the time

and open our accounts only with ones that provide it...

I gess in 5 years we can start trading then (he..he..he)lol

Today I tried to switch again to ver 5.6.03 mode 3 because on demo it works so well (and it did the same on live last 2 weeks) but this week ver 5.6.04 is doing bad on live so I would like to go back.

Anyway my demo is still runnong with 5.6.03 and performs well.

I will post statement on Saturday. If necessary I can also post intraweek statement...

Just let me know

Raf

well

raffaele come to see our MagicRSI

Please use this thread Only to post LIVE reports. It's nothing wrong with posting demo results, it's even good, but please do that in another Phoenix thread. Because it's hard for the read to distiguish between demo and live.

Please just follow the instructions Daraknor gave and don't post demo results.

tradeigel:
Please use this thread Only to post LIVE reports. It's nothing wrong with posting demo results, it's even good, but please do that in another Phoenix thread. Because it's hard for the read to distiguish between demo and live. Please just follow the instructions Daraknor gave and don't post demo results.

Wrong tradeigel

All statements even live or demo has to be send in this thread.

With all the same procedure

Currency : (XX/YY....)

1. Timeframe: (M15)

2. Broker: (XXX)

3. Settings file: (Included/customs)

4. Account: (live/demo)

5. Version: (P5XXX)

6. Mode: (1/2/3)

7. Pips: (10000000 !)

Comments : (great week... bad week as you like or/and as you can)

+ the statement of the account

corner_h:
I think this is just about how swaps are calculated and charged/paid by the broker.

Now, ....why would today's swap show up on a report generated for the last week. The open trade that I am in today, has nothing to do with trades from lastweek. Go back and reread my long post, look at the statements and pay particular attention to the open trade line, the ticket number, date trade opened and price close amount.

Currency : (usdjpy, usdjpy, usdchf, gbpjpy, eurjpy,)

1. Timeframe: (M15)

2. Broker: (North Finance)

3. Settings file: (attached)

4. Account: (demo)

5. Version: (P5.6.04)

6. Mode: (2)

7. Pips: ( - 42)

Comments : (started demo nov 19. Only 2 trades. one gbpusd win and one gbpjpy loss. 8 open orders. Float p/l (- 76.34))

Report attached.

Wackena

Files:
Reason: