Live Testing reports - page 20

gertl:
Hello Bertbin

I am trying to understand your comment regarding the starting time for Phoenix. How I understand your comment is as follows:

You are saying that the best time to start Phoenix fully auto is on Tokyo open, because then Phoenix actually follows the trend.

But if you open on London open it can hurt your account.

Is my understanding correct? As I am currently starting Phoenix every morning my time about a 2-hours before London open with mixed results.

Thank you all for a great forum.

Hi Gertl

a/ Yes I am in the same thinking about openning time. 6 h ? 12 ? 18 ? after openning. I don't know for the moment...

That's one of the reason that we need a "Trend Catcher" to "see" where we go in the 3 h, 6h, 12h (starting time or not) Oh ! yes to enter... but especially to exit quickly before SL hurts...

b/ I run Phoenix 24/24 h from openning until Friday's night. You say that you start P. every morning... perhaps one reason of your mixed results. To get a 150 pips on USD/CHF (mode3, third trade), it's a bit hard and not every day : you need time to reach that's point... FX is time and patience...

Ouch !!!!!

My Demo #0 - the one that did so great (95% gain since Nov/06) - took a big hit, and I mean a very big hit, during todays british news.

The queen farted so lound (no offense) that my account had a drawdown of more than 10%! If this was real money I just lost over 12K.

But who cares (not really), I am still up more than 30K since Nov...

AZBOfin

What is your settings for Demo#0

AZBOfin:
Hello all,

I didn't publish any trading results for a while (am just too busy with my day job). I will update on my three demos hopefully next weekend.

so far...

Demo #0 (Mode3) 95% gain since 11/05/06 (5 pairs)

Demo #1 (Mode3) 14% gain since 12/19/06 (6 pairs)

Demo #2 (Mode1) -8% loss since 12/19/06 (6 pairs)

all my demos run 24/7 and there's a look-but-don't-touch policy.

Demo#0 made almost 5000 pips since 11/05 just between GBP/$ and $/CHF. the other pairs $/JPY, EUR/$, EUR/JPY cancel each other out.

my big winners are definately sterling and the swissie.

i did stop trading my live account though because $/JPY was just loosing all over the place. i started again last week and i am trading just the pound and the swiss-franc now. and hey, i am making back what i have lost before.

AZBOfin

AZBOfin...What is your settings for Demo#0?

AZBOfin:
Hello all,

I didn't publish any trading results for a while (am just too busy with my day job). I will update on my three demos hopefully next weekend.

so far...

Demo #0 (Mode3) 95% gain since 11/05/06 (5 pairs)

Demo #1 (Mode3) 14% gain since 12/19/06 (6 pairs)

Demo #2 (Mode1) -8% loss since 12/19/06 (6 pairs)

all my demos run 24/7 and there's a look-but-don't-touch policy.

Demo#0 made almost 5000 pips since 11/05 just between GBP/$ and $/CHF. the other pairs $/JPY, EUR/$, EUR/JPY cancel each other out.

my big winners are definately sterling and the swissie.

i did stop trading my live account though because $/JPY was just loosing all over the place. i started again last week and i am trading just the pound and the swiss-franc now. and hey, i am making back what i have lost before.

AZBOfin

My winners are : same !!!! (Results after one month on FXDD)

$/JPY +6,98

$/CHF +314

GB/$ +1480

EUR/JPY -93

Do you trade EUR/$ ? Results ?

Thks

(all Mode 3 full auto, last version of P FXDD, M15, inside settings)

flyhigh:
AZBOfin...What is your settings for Demo#0?

default settings, 15M timeframe, mode3, look-but-dont-touch

AZBOfin

bertbin:
My winners are : same !!!! (Results after one month on FXDD)

$/JPY +6,98

$/CHF +314

GB/$ +1480

EUR/JPY -93

Do you trade EUR/$ ? Results ?

Thks

(all Mode 3 full auto, last version of P FXDD, M15, inside settings)

interesting.... don't have much time right now, gotta go to work. will update my trading results over the week-end - i promise.

AZBOfin

M15

IBFX - demo

Default Mode3

Phoenix 571

Posts of the week

Test 1:

1-Timeframe: 15min,

2- Broker: FXDD,

3- Settings file: Defaults,

4- Account: Demo,

5- Version: 5.7.1

6- Mode 3

7- Cur : $/CHF, $/JPY, GB/$

Some human intervention when it is obvious. I got away of some bad trades. If I consider Equity at beginning and at the end, +8.16 % for the week and +26.52 % for 5 weeks.

Test 2:

1-Timeframe: 15min,

3- Settings file: Defaults but 0.10 MM

6- Mode 1

7- Cur : $/CHF, GB/$

Some human intervention when it is obvious. I got away of some bad trades. If I consider Equity at beginning and at the end, +4.76 % for the week and +40.17 % for 4 weeks.

Home work for this week

1-Timeframe: M15,

3- Settings file: Defaults,

5- Version: 5.7.0

6- Mode 3, full auto

7- Cur : $/CHF, $/JPY, GB/$, EUR/JPY

Comments

Tuesday night a wonderfull +350

Wednesday night a wonderfull - 570

Well... That's life ! Grrrr JPY and Cable killed me...

Now I found this : put an SMA 25 and SMA 125 on your graph : you will rapidly if you are "in" (trade according trend) or "out"

Especially if you reduce the grap (with + or -)

Then... yes I will cut manually... no way !

Not very smart with Phoenix : yes !

But even in demo I definitly hate these negative pips!!!

Sometimes better to use some brain (or the few things I have left between my two ears !!!! ) than wait until these awfull mechanical SL(s)...

(same when you have your third trade at more than + 100 pips : when I was at +350 tuesday : should I close or not ???? Yes I should close all the trades, wait next days re-open and catch the new trend... perhaps)

In demo ok you can see how the things happens... but at the time I will put some $$$ on the table...

Your comments appreciated...

Files:

1-Timeframe: M15

2- Broker: FXDD

3- Settings file: Defaults

4- Account : Demo

6- Mode : 3, full auto

7- Cur : cable, usd/chf, usd/jpy

live statement, update every 5 minuntes :

http://sababafx.com/ft/statement.htm

Reason: