Live Testing reports - page 10

AZBOfin:
if the dollar starts to strengthen over the next few weeks i am going to be in very good shape.

and what if it won't?

Switching

Hi all,

I too didn't even bother to post my results from IBFX. Sad Sad results and not worth posting. I think I am going to drop IBFX and go with FXDD and start fresh.

psnw:
Hi all, I too didn't even bother to post my results from IBFX. Sad Sad results and not worth posting. I think I am going to drop IBFX and go with FXDD and start fresh.

May be you should do some testing to see why IBFX is different then others. By running two brokers together. Is it the brokers data or something with the EA. One should not just disregard that there is a differents but find out why. With that you will reconize it if it happens again or stay away from other brokers that have the same type data. All testing has a story to tell.

The CockeyedCowboy

cockeyedcowboy:
May be you should do some testing to see why IBFX is different then others. By running two brokers together. Is it the brokers data or something with the EA. One should not just disregard that there is a differents but find out why. With that you will reconize it if it happens again or stay away from other brokers that have the same type data. All testing has a story to tell. The CockeyedCowboy

I have read some negative feed back concerning IBFX here in this forum in the past. Each week I have been comparing my results (IBFX) with other users results (IBFX, FXDD) and noticed that IBFX seems to result in more losses than FXDD.

I have been running 4.2.3 and 5.6.4, both relatively stable versions as I understand. I am not sure at this point why, but would suspect it would have to do with data feed. I have been optimizing and back testing with Alpari data, although FXDD data and Alpari data may not be same, I am guessing it is closer than IBFX's. I would love to get my hands some live feed data for opt/bt purposes.

I am based in the U.S., I have been looking at brokers based in Latvia, and Bulgaria would anyone care to lend a thought about this idea? Does anyone forsee an issue with this idea or should I stay closer to home?

psnw:
Hi all, I too didn't even bother to post my results from IBFX. Sad Sad results and not worth posting. I think I am going to drop IBFX and go with FXDD and start fresh.

That I did last week... FXDD much better... My 2c

Each time you start fresh you think your result will be different.

But the only thing you change is your broker, not system. Yes, you can start getting profits with a different broker. Yes, you might actually win some profit for a week or two.

But in the end its system that profitable, not broker. And you won't make system better by changing brokers.

Thats true that keeping old result and getting another to compare it is best.

But make sure you take spread into consideration! Add a few points to every pending trade or wait for the price to move a few points (5?) further your way before entering a trade.

Just the way I see it...

Shinigami:
Each time you start fresh you think your result will be different.

But the only thing you change is your broker, not system. Yes, you can start getting profits with a different broker. Yes, you might actually win some profit for a week or two.

But in the end its system that profitable, not broker. And you won't make system better by changing brokers.

Thats true that keeping old result and getting another to compare it is best.

But make sure you take spread into consideration! Add a few points to every pending trade or wait for the price to move a few points (5?) further your way before entering a trade.

Just the way I see it...

Based on research, there is a *huge* difference between brokers.

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/65-mt4-brokers-metatrader-brokers/page45#comment_111522 IBFX and related brokers (FXLQ, V4X, FXSOL) have a pretty strange erratic signal as well. NF and FXDD have a cleaner signal that is very similar between demo and real accounts.

psnw:
I am based in the U.S., I have been looking at brokers based in Latvia, and Bulgaria would anyone care to lend a thought about this idea? Does anyone forsee an issue with this idea or should I stay closer to home?

Read the Patriot Act. It is ... chilling. I don't want to be a domestic American with a Foreign bank account. UK is possibly okay, because of how deep the associations between US and UK go.

P5608, Mode 3, Inside settings, FXDD, 4 majors

Only for to day 12 dec :

Closed : +139.96

On fire : +210.26

For an "unstable" version... not bad at all !

daraknor:
Based on research, there is a *huge* difference between brokers. https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/65-mt4-brokers-metatrader-brokers/page45#comment_111522 IBFX and related brokers (FXLQ, V4X, FXSOL) have a pretty strange erratic signal as well. NF and FXDD have a cleaner signal that is very similar between demo and real accounts.

Some reading material.

I posted these charts on IBFX forum and enquired if this is the expected normal spreads on IBFX accounts and here is Adam's (site administrator) multiple responses.

Wackena

Wackena and Everyone ...

Please understand the enormous difference between IBFX and FXDD or others. FXDD has a dealing desk and therefore can offer fixed spreads.

There is nothing else to it ... Do you guys want us to have a dealing desk?

Maybe I should set a poll, maybe we will set ourselves up as a dealing desk because to be honest not having one is causing us more grief ...

Patrick

Visit my Forex trading blog! && Mistigri
By the way with the FOCM announcement the spread widening is no surprise at all ...

Patrick

One more thing, yes we are working on getting better spreads. I guess it just takes time.

Patrick

Reason: