Elite indicators :) - page 88

mladen:
mrtools,

that is no hack, but working together (a bunch of people adding and sharing with others (as it is happening right now with snowski, kiasom, you, ...) is almost the best thing that can happen), and I must say I am very glad for it :):)

regards

mladen

yeah your right, just know this JRSX don't think its true Jma, but seems to be ok.

mrtools:

... very clear entry and exit with H4.

MrTools, it's not enough with only H4, because you don't know where the indicator goes next. You need also the lower TFs to catch the dynamics. That's why i thought it was a good idea, by means of optimization, to select the 'best' TFs, and then lump them together in a weighted sum.

As regards the JRSX, it seems to be a good choice too.

I also looked at the FX Sniper's Ergodic CCI & Trigger, which is another fast-reacting indicator. But they all seem to be more or less equally potent.

Snowski:
... it's not a trigger. Interesting to see your different settings. What's your guideline on obtaining the most appropriate settings for each pair/timeframe?

Snowski, what do you use for triggers? Just curious

My method for getting settings is to study the M5 together with the chosen indicator, and then adjust the settings roughly, to get it where i'd like it to be. Just visual inspection.

I always look at at least two TF's, M5 is the dynamics, and the higher TFs are for confirmation/stabiltiy.

Then i use these preliminary settings as input in a basic EA. So i see how it trades.

And then, if prel. results are ok, i go on with optimization.

The critical phase is the first one, looking at the market with your chosen tool.

Files:
picture_6_1.png  449 kb
melody_adx1.jpg  117 kb
melody_adx2.jpg  105 kb

Snowski:
Is anyone familiar with the "Melody ADX" indicator...?

I see this in the daily webinars by Bob Ioccino (also see Trader Outlook - Melody ADX). The way he uses it looks interesting. See a screenshot of his webinar attached.

The description:

Curious to test it. Will definitely NOT pay $400 bucks for it...how rediculous.

I think all they did was make a histogram of the ADX indicator. ADX defines the height, and the colors are the +DI and -DI lines (whichever one is above the other one, that'll be the color of the bar). See the bottom two graphs comparing the indicator to regular ADX.

So really nothing special...or am I overlooking anything here...?

LOL, exactly.

The second one "LTTC" is moving average of RSI (check my RSIOMA located somewhere here on this forum).

mladen:
It could have been done on a public thread too (since it was there I posted dtosc for the first time) but, anyway, here you go

regards

mladen

Good morning!

I have some issue with the DTosc indicator.

When running it from an EA, the Tester Journal reports incorrect start positions for ArrayMaximum and ArrayMinimum functions:

2009.07.31 08:16:48 #DTosc EURUSD,M5: incorrect start position 6173 for ArrayMaximum function

This occurs at seemingly random intervals. But i see no effects on how the indy operates.

It also doesn't matter if i run the MTF version or the original version of DTosc.

Should i worry about this? It's my favourite, so i hope she isn't too sick with some MT4 hidden illness...

(include a small test file)

Files:
go_test.mq4  5 kb

Don't worry

Array maximum and array minimum function report that error, but it does not affect the result of the indicator itself (since LLV and HHV are equal in that case and in that case dtosc value is set to 0). The error message is shown in dtosc in case when they are called with i==Bars as an argument for starting bar (so only for the leftmost bar)

It is a matter of compromise : I like the "extra 1" bar that is calculated the way loop is set in Dtosc indicator (it makes me more comfortable that everything is OK). It could be avoided, but then the "extra 1" calculation would be avoided and I prefer not. Also, it could be avoided with adding some to the code (making it slightly more complicated code), but for the reasons stated above, I think and feel that there is no need to do that

regards

mladen

kiasom:
Good morning!

I have some issue with the DTosc indicator.

When running it from an EA, the Tester Journal reports incorrect start positions for ArrayMaximum and ArrayMinimum functions:

2009.07.31 08:16:48 #DTosc EURUSD,M5: incorrect start position 6173 for ArrayMaximum function

This occurs at seemingly random intervals. But i see no effects on how the indy operates.

It also doesn't matter if i run the MTF version or the original version of DTosc.

Should i worry about this? It's my favourite, so i hope she isn't too sick with some MT4 hidden illness...

(include a small test file)

vince-ac:
i wonder if someone could help me with this indicator. it is barry sander's 123 pattern and it does not expire. the trouble is that is does not work on all pairs. plus, i would like to know if it could be changed so that the fib portion is optional.since i know absolutly nothing about coding...i hope some could look at it for me. also, it dosen't seem to work on 5m tf(although not that important).

i like using the 123 pattern for trading, is this indicator a good one or is there a better one. my eyes are not good enough yet to spot the patters quickly......thanks ....vince

ok,just found how to eliminate fibs, lol

You cannot and should not eliminate them! lol!

I suggest you study Bobokus thread, Fibonacci trading, over at FF. Use your fibonacci retracement ruler, soon you`will spot 123 patterns all over.

You may use ZUP_v79 you may find in Harmonic trading here for gartley and pesavento pattern but it is still fibonacci to me. They are completed cycle.

The 38.2, 61.8, 1.382 1.618 are the most relevent ratios. Use it in conjunction with Barry support and resistance, and one MA like Gann_HiLo_Activator, or Trend_Envellope or Laguerre_Filter envellope and you get a very powerfull trading system. Thanks for your indicator, i only had the time limited one.

Meta Trader 5 conversion

Hello,

I would like to ask the administrators whether the members of the elite section get some benefits in the conversion of indicators when Meta Trader 5 comes out. I would like to propose that each member of the elite section gets a right for his 2-4 top indicators to be converted to Meta Trader 5. These requests should have priority for our programmers over the requests of the other members of the forum which are not members of the elite section. I think this is sensible and fair. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you very much.

Regards

Hi profitrader21,

Of course, indicators will be converted to MT5.

But we do not have MT5 yet ...

Just waiting for MT5 for public testing as this testing was announced but still nothing sorry ...

Reason: