Elite indicators :) - page 88

san4x
san4x  
William Snyder
William Snyder  
Snowski:
Thanks for the feedback. You're right about the PeriodSD. I like to have it visible though, as it shows me crossovers. Just something personal I guess.

Your MTF strategy is comparable to mine. I like to see different timeframes and where the momentum is within those timeframes when I enter or exit a trade. It is just a secondary tool for me as it shows me potential setups, so it's not a trigger.

Interesting to see your different settings. What's your guideline on obtaining the most appropriate settings for each pair/timeframe?

Hey you all just want to throw my 2 cents in case you might be interested changed the RSI to JRSX, actually wasn't as fast as RSI until I cut the JRSX down to 7 from default, this is it with Red=current timeframe, brown=H4, very clear entry and exit with H4. Thank you Mladen,(sorry for my hack), for this indicator and Snowski and Kiasom for bringing this up.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

mrtools,

that is no hack, but working together (a bunch of people adding and sharing with others (as it is happening right now with snowski, kiasom, you, ...) is almost the best thing that can happen), and I must say I am very glad for it :):)

regards

mladen

mrtools:
Hey you all just want to throw my 2 cents in case you might be interested changed the RSI to JRSX, actually wasn't as fast as RSI until I cut the JRSX down to 7 from default, this is it with Red=current timeframe, brown=H4, very clear entry and exit with H4. Thank you Mladen,(sorry for my hack), for this indicator and Snowski and Kiasom for bringing this up.
William Snyder
William Snyder  
mladen:
mrtools,

that is no hack, but working together (a bunch of people adding and sharing with others (as it is happening right now with snowski, kiasom, you, ...) is almost the best thing that can happen), and I must say I am very glad for it :):)

regards

mladen

yeah your right, just know this JRSX don't think its true Jma, but seems to be ok.

kiasom
kiasom  
mrtools:

... very clear entry and exit with H4.

MrTools, it's not enough with only H4, because you don't know where the indicator goes next. You need also the lower TFs to catch the dynamics. That's why i thought it was a good idea, by means of optimization, to select the 'best' TFs, and then lump them together in a weighted sum.

As regards the JRSX, it seems to be a good choice too.

I also looked at the FX Sniper's Ergodic CCI & Trigger, which is another fast-reacting indicator. But they all seem to be more or less equally potent.

kiasom
kiasom  
Snowski:
... it's not a trigger. Interesting to see your different settings. What's your guideline on obtaining the most appropriate settings for each pair/timeframe?

Snowski, what do you use for triggers? Just curious

My method for getting settings is to study the M5 together with the chosen indicator, and then adjust the settings roughly, to get it where i'd like it to be. Just visual inspection.

I always look at at least two TF's, M5 is the dynamics, and the higher TFs are for confirmation/stabiltiy.

Then i use these preliminary settings as input in a basic EA. So i see how it trades.

And then, if prel. results are ok, i go on with optimization.

The critical phase is the first one, looking at the market with your chosen tool.

san4x
san4x  
Files:
Kale
Kale  
Snowski:
Is anyone familiar with the "Melody ADX" indicator...?

I see this in the daily webinars by Bob Ioccino (also see Trader Outlook - Melody ADX). The way he uses it looks interesting. See a screenshot of his webinar attached.

The description:

Curious to test it. Will definitely NOT pay $400 bucks for it...how rediculous.

I think all they did was make a histogram of the ADX indicator. ADX defines the height, and the colors are the +DI and -DI lines (whichever one is above the other one, that'll be the color of the bar). See the bottom two graphs comparing the indicator to regular ADX.

So really nothing special...or am I overlooking anything here...?

LOL, exactly.

The second one "LTTC" is moving average of RSI (check my RSIOMA located somewhere here on this forum).

kiasom
kiasom  
mladen:
It could have been done on a public thread too (since it was there I posted dtosc for the first time) but, anyway, here you go

regards

mladen

Good morning!

I have some issue with the DTosc indicator.

When running it from an EA, the Tester Journal reports incorrect start positions for ArrayMaximum and ArrayMinimum functions:

2009.07.31 08:16:48 #DTosc EURUSD,M5: incorrect start position 6173 for ArrayMaximum function

This occurs at seemingly random intervals. But i see no effects on how the indy operates.

It also doesn't matter if i run the MTF version or the original version of DTosc.

Should i worry about this? It's my favourite, so i hope she isn't too sick with some MT4 hidden illness...

(include a small test file)

Files:
go_test.mq4 5 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Don't worry

Array maximum and array minimum function report that error, but it does not affect the result of the indicator itself (since LLV and HHV are equal in that case and in that case dtosc value is set to 0). The error message is shown in dtosc in case when they are called with i==Bars as an argument for starting bar (so only for the leftmost bar)

It is a matter of compromise : I like the "extra 1" bar that is calculated the way loop is set in Dtosc indicator (it makes me more comfortable that everything is OK). It could be avoided, but then the "extra 1" calculation would be avoided and I prefer not. Also, it could be avoided with adding some to the code (making it slightly more complicated code), but for the reasons stated above, I think and feel that there is no need to do that

regards

mladen

kiasom:
Good morning!

I have some issue with the DTosc indicator.

When running it from an EA, the Tester Journal reports incorrect start positions for ArrayMaximum and ArrayMinimum functions:

2009.07.31 08:16:48 #DTosc EURUSD,M5: incorrect start position 6173 for ArrayMaximum function

This occurs at seemingly random intervals. But i see no effects on how the indy operates.

It also doesn't matter if i run the MTF version or the original version of DTosc.

Should i worry about this? It's my favourite, so i hope she isn't too sick with some MT4 hidden illness...

(include a small test file)