Elite indicators :) - page 95

Yves
Yves  
mladen:
Nothing to do with the previous ones yet (just something I stumbled upon by the way and it seemed interesting)

A description from a Markos Katsanos book (Intermarket Trading Strategies) :

and

PS: signal line is an addition (does not exist in the original) To turn it off just use SignalPeriod< 2.

I try to understand, is it showing the ranging in between -20 to +20 and outside -20 or +20 it's trending? Because if you are in a trend change, it obligatory have to pass true this zone without necessarily being in a range state. It almost look like a dynamic rsi.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Yves,

It seems that I left out the quote where Katsanos describes the usage . Here it goes :

The congestion index fluctuates between 100 and −100. The larger the absolute value, the less congested the current market. Readings between+20 and−20 indicate congestion or oscillating mode. Crossing over the 20 line from below indicates the start of a rising trend. Conversely, the start of a down turn is indicated by crossing under −20 from above. The CI can also be used as an overbought/oversold oscillator. The indicator signals an exhaustion of the prevailing price trend and warns of an impending price reversal when it reaches an extreme reading either above 85 or below −85 and then reverses direction.

regards

mladen

GreatYves:
I try to understand, is it showing the ranging in between -20 to +20 and outside -20 or +20 it's trending? Because if you are in a trend change, it obligatory have to pass true this zone without necessarily being in a range state. It almost look like a dynamic rsi.
Yves
Yves  

Thanks for answering. I'll study it some more.

san4x
san4x  
SIMBA:
Snowski,

Thanks for your kind words,yes,I will test using Michal`s script,though the same tests could be done with Renko script,and probably similar results.

Regards

S

Dear Simba,

Perhaps time for a new thread here in Elite. Bought the Renko and CRB scripts, amazing. Whole new world opens for me. Clean, effective, priceless...and timeless...!

Have my setup posted below. Works like a charm.

Looking forward to contributing more on this. It appears this method fits my trading personality perfectly. Still playing with box sizing, currently using 10 for most pairs, 20 for GBPJPPY.

Files:
snag-0012.png 145 kb
chris1010
chris1010  
igorad:
I think that now is good time to show Hurst Channel for MT4.

Hi.

Can anyone please tell me how to use the settings for his indicator?

Further, is it possible to put another band on the top and bottom of the existing outer bands that are the same distance as the first set of bands are from the middle, dashed line?

Thank you.

Chris

Files:
whitebloodcell
whitebloodcell  

I am trying to modify the bollinger %b indicator posted by linuxuser in this thread. I want to be able to smooth the results using a moving average.

i=Bars-BBPeriod-1;

if(counted_bars>=BBPeriod) i=Bars-counted_bars-1;

iBarsToProcess = i;

while(i>=0)

{ //(Last - Lower BB)/(Upper BB - Lower BB)

BLGBuffer=((Close - iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i))/

(iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_UPPER,i)-iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i)))*100;

i--;

}

for (int j = 0; j < iBarsToProcess; j++) Buffer3[j] = iMAOnArray(BLGBuffer, 0, SmoothingMAPeriod, 0, SmoothingMAMethod, i);

Was my attempt but not having much luck. Could someone point me in the right direction please?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Try this one (called the smoothed one "signal line" but you can continue with this one)

regards

mladen

whitebloodcell:
I am trying to modify the bollinger %b indicator posted by linuxuser in this thread. I want to be able to smooth the results using a moving average.
i=Bars-BBPeriod-1;

if(counted_bars>=BBPeriod) i=Bars-counted_bars-1;

iBarsToProcess = i;

while(i>=0)

{ //(Last - Lower BB)/(Upper BB - Lower BB)

BLGBuffer=((Close - iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i))/

(iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_UPPER,i)-iBands(NULL,0,BBPeriod,StdDeviation,0,AppliedPrice,MODE_LOWER,i)))*100;

i--;

}

for (int j = 0; j < iBarsToProcess; j++) Buffer3[j] = iMAOnArray(BLGBuffer, 0, SmoothingMAPeriod, 0, SmoothingMAMethod, i);
Was my attempt but not having much luck. Could someone point me in the right direction please?
whitebloodcell
whitebloodcell  
mladen:
Try this one (called the smoothed one "signal line" but you can continue with this one)

regards

mladen

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought I'd have a go at implementing the signal line in the none histogram version of %b but seem to have made a mistake. Could you look at the attached code and show me what I am doing wrong please?

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Replace this (line 82) :

for (i = limit; i = 0; i--) Buffer1 = iMAOnArray(BLGBuffer, 0, SmoothingMAPeriod, 0, SmoothingMAMethod, i);

regards

mladen

whitebloodcell:
Thanks for the quick reply! I thought I'd have a go at implementing the signal line in the none histogram version of %b but seem to have made a mistake. Could you look at the attached code and show me what I am doing wrong please?
whitebloodcell
whitebloodcell  

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!