Elite indicators :) - page 90

Snowski,

Yes, those are the prices (those are actually used by metatrader - btw: from what I read in Russian help file for metatrader 5 it seems that we will finally be able to use descriptive names in custom indicators (so it will be "close" and not "0", and so on...) + two more

• HMAPrice = 5 - typical (high+low+close)/3
  • HMAPrice = 6 - weighted (high+low+close+close)/4
  • regards

mladen

Snowski:
    mladen,

Love this indicator, many thanks!

Regarding the settings, is this correct:

• HMAPrice = 0 - close
  • HMAPrice = 1 - open
  • HMAPrice = 2 - high
  • HMAPrice = 3 - low
  • HMAPrice = 4 - median

Could not find these settings inside the code.

Thanks for verification!

Corona & JMA indicators

Till some time ago there was a lot of rumour on these two type of indicators and , now, it seems that nobody is interested anymore .

I can explain in 2 ways:

1- nobody sees the potential behind those indicators

2- or it's too difficult the theory behind that nobody is willing to spend time on them

I refer mainly to Igorad and Mladen

Thanks

Fabio

Fabio1:
Till some time ago there was a lot of rumour on these two type of indicators and , now, it seems that nobody is interested anymore .

I can explain in 2 ways:

1- nobody sees the potential behind those indicators

2- or it's too difficult the theory behind that nobody is willing to spend time on them

I refer mainly to Igorad and Mladen

Thanks

Fabio

Fabio:

Are you saying that Igorad and mladen are not supportive enough keeping "these indicatos alive"..?

Moreover, would love to hear your view on both of them, perhaps you can increase interest in them again by explaining a little more about them, how to use, etc.

I do think that the JMA has been discussed alot here on the forum (together with the other Jurik indies).

Corona I don't know much about...tell me more.

I am always interested in learning more and developing new strategies..!

Regards,

Snow.

Of corona indicators : since igorad is the one that developed corona indicators, I think it is much better that he explains those indicators but, I also think, that, since it would mean an intermediate between the indicator itself and Ehlers, that by far the best solution is to read Ehlers explanations. So, I am attaching a document that does exactly that (it was also provided by igorad in hist post where he posted those indicators for the first time : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum).

Of JMA : in my opinion moving averages are the basis of all TA. JMA is one of the proven ones. Is it the best is the question that more or less does not have meaning. In my personal opinion it is not, but my reasons for telling so are somewhat "odd" (in the "holly grail quest" everybody is looking for "the best MA" first and than for any derivative of it that would give "perfect signals". I do not think that way (there is no perfect signal), but I too am in the game of making a better MA (hence my statement that JMA is not the best ))

Hope that the attached document will help clarifying corona charts usage, as of JMA usage, even if it can be treated as advertisement, Jurik's site is quite a good starting point

PS: of "holly grail quest" - the attached picture is one average made to behave as 3 averages, all of them are same length (20 in this case). No phase changes, nor anything else applied to JMA can give something like this. Is it perfect : of course not (still doing some research and development on it, but even then it will not be perfect). Is it useful : yes, primarily as a means to "pre-filter" prices for any kind of oscillators that would then be used in something else, and that something else in something else, (I think you get my meaning - there are no "super simple ways" (at least that is my opinion)) and for smoothing (so, in one word, not in the way it is used on the attached picture and I think the same goes for JMA)

regards

mladen

Files:
coronacharts.pdf  298 kb
mas.gif  16 kb

Corona & JMA indicators

mladen:
Of corona indicators : since igorad is the one that developed corona indicators, I think it is much better that he explains those indicators but, I also think, that, since it would mean an intermediate between the indicator itself and Ehlers, that by far the best solution is to read Ehlers explanations. So, I am attaching a document that does exactly that (it was also provided by igorad in hist post where he posted those indicators for the first time : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum).

Of JMA : in my opinion moving averages are the basis of all TA. JMA is one of the proven ones. Is it the best is the question that more or less does not have meaning. In my personal opinion it is not, but my reasons for telling so are somewhat "odd" (in the "holly grail quest" everybody is looking for "the best MA" first and than for any derivative of it that would give "perfect signals". I do not think that way (there is no perfect signal), but I too am in the game of making a better MA (hence my statement that JMA is not the best ))

Hope that the attached document will help clarifying corona charts usage, as of JMA usage, even if it can be treated as advertisement, Jurik's site is quite a good starting point

PS: of "holly grail quest" - the attached picture is one average made to behave as 3 averages, all of them are same length (20 in this case). No phase changes, nor anything else applied to JMA can give something like this. Is it perfect : of course not (still doing some research and development on it, but even then it will not be perfect). Is it useful : yes, primarily as a means to "pre-filter" prices for any kind of oscillators that would then be used in something else, and that something else in something else, (I think you get my meaning - there are no "super simple ways" (at least that is my opinion)) and for smoothing (so, in one word, not in the way it is used on the attached picture and I think the same goes for JMA)

regards

mladen

W.r.t Corona indicators ,I do not have a better explaination as that one provided by Mladen (directly from Ehelers)

W.r.t the JMA I'm completely on the same line of thinking of MLaden

I do agree that MA in general are at basis of all TA , but alone are not enough.

I do agree that JMA , in effect is not the "best MA" , but surely it's useful to filter false signals.

My idea is to use a combination of the Corona signals and the Jurik signals taking the latest to filter the signal of Corona . Although I'm a follower of the "keep it simple " principle, I'd to say that sometimes , like mladen says, it can't be "too" simple".

I try to be a bit more clear:

From the Corona indicators I'm using only the Corona swing and Corona S/N, while from Jurik indicators I'm mainly using RSI, FastsStochast and JMA.

When "all" are in sync then I enter

Mladen,

may be my idea can be improved using one of your MA i.s.o Jurik indicators ????

Cheers

Fabio

Oscillator of T3

This can be taken as a continuation of previous posts :

We are trying to find out trends on a 1000 ways but almost all of them include some kind of averaging. This is one more way to look at the whole thing. Normalizing some moving averages and thus making oscillators out of them

In my opinion one of the best way for normalizing is the basic George Lane's stochastic (explanation about it can be found here : Stochastic oscillator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

So here is one version : T3 made an oscillator (period 32 for T3 in this case)

Files:

Oscillator of HMA

Same rules as for Oscillator of T3 from previous post, but Hull moving average used instead

mladen:
This can be taken as a continuation of previous posts :

We are trying to find out trends on a 1000 ways but almost all of them include some kind of averaging. This is one more way to look at the whole thing. Normalizing some moving averages and thus making oscillators out of them

In my opinion one of the best way for normalizing is the basic George Lane's stochastic (explanation about it can be found here : Stochastic oscillator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

So here is one version : T3 made an oscillator (period 32 for T3 in this case)

Thanks mladen, interesting and correct theory.

The result shown reminds me of the Schaff Trend Cycle.

Files:

You are right

Schaff did "misuse" (or, to put it as it should, used the best of it) that capability of Stochastic to flatten the extremes and since the basic of Schaff trend cycle is MACD (so averages) it does look alike. He also used a kind of a double stochastic to emphasize even more the extremes, but I thought that signal line and levels combination would be better in the case of these oscillators (double stochastic tends to "overreact" in some cases).

I have been posting lately about "good old" ones, and one of them is for sure the stochastic oscillator. But, it also seems, that people have forgotten what are the capabilities and possibilities of it. If we forget what, as in example of the two indicators I posted today, are the basic bricks (like stochastic oscillator) are capable of, than it seems that we are going around in circles. These are a reminder to me primarily, that some of the solutions are laying around us and that I should pay more attention to "basics"

regards

mladen

Snowski:
Thanks mladen, interesting and correct theory. The result shown reminds me of the Schaff Trend Cycle.

I agree mladen. The "power" of the 'old fashioned' indicators such as stochastics and MACD should not be underestimated and definitely not forgotten. Not to mention the most important ones: price and volume.

It appears a lot of people are looking for the silver bullet or the 'holy grail', while it's actually right in front of them...they just need to learn how to look...

However, this does not mean that filtering and different representations of data is not useful.

It can lead to new -sometimes invaluable- insights, as you have clearly demonstrated recently.

Reason: