Elite indicators :) - page 91

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

You are right

Schaff did "misuse" (or, to put it as it should, used the best of it) that capability of Stochastic to flatten the extremes and since the basic of Schaff trend cycle is MACD (so averages) it does look alike. He also used a kind of a double stochastic to emphasize even more the extremes, but I thought that signal line and levels combination would be better in the case of these oscillators (double stochastic tends to "overreact" in some cases).

I have been posting lately about "good old" ones, and one of them is for sure the stochastic oscillator. But, it also seems, that people have forgotten what are the capabilities and possibilities of it. If we forget what, as in example of the two indicators I posted today, are the basic bricks (like stochastic oscillator) are capable of, than it seems that we are going around in circles. These are a reminder to me primarily, that some of the solutions are laying around us and that I should pay more attention to "basics"

regards

mladen

Snowski:
Thanks mladen, interesting and correct theory. The result shown reminds me of the Schaff Trend Cycle.
san4x
san4x  

I agree mladen. The "power" of the 'old fashioned' indicators such as stochastics and MACD should not be underestimated and definitely not forgotten. Not to mention the most important ones: price and volume.

It appears a lot of people are looking for the silver bullet or the 'holy grail', while it's actually right in front of them...they just need to learn how to look...

However, this does not mean that filtering and different representations of data is not useful.

It can lead to new -sometimes invaluable- insights, as you have clearly demonstrated recently.

mrtools:

Hi,

mrtools or someone can post here all indicator and the telpmate required to show the graph like in the image above?

thank you very very much

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

mrtools already posted one version of dynamic trend oscillator (dtosc) on the same post that picture came from (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general or you can download it from here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general too) The rest of the indicators are mrtools's and it is up to him if he will upload them here

regards

mladen

mladen:

mrtools already posted one version of dynamic trend oscillator (dtosc) on the same post that picture came from (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general or you can download it from here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general too) The rest of the indicators are mrtools's and it is up to him if he will upload them here

regards

mladen

DTOSC I know...

...but I'm interested at the rest of the indicators.

Someone can post it?

Mrtools?

Thanks!

William Snyder
William Snyder  

template

DTOSC I know...

...but I'm interested at the rest of the indicators.

Someone can post it?

Mrtools?

Thanks

!

Think this will get you pretty close, off course the trendlines are manually drawn, you can also write on them whatever you want ex. daily,etc. expert sample dll goes in expert/libraries, rest are indicators, be careful with the bars they reposition[some call repaint], but really don't go by them much usually the trendlines,and trendline S&R, pivots,confirming DStoc, if the bars match just a little more confirm.

ps) posting TTM Ssa bars with better SSA version from Mladen

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Singular Spectrum Analysis ...

mrtools knows me better that the majority, so he will laugh when I say that one line of code that goes like this :

X = Low + (High-Low)/2;

made me post these two messages

There was quite a lot of talk on public part of the forum about Singular Spectrum Analysis (simbas thread with a lot of information about it, some of the posts concerning this matter starts roughly from here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175938 (if I did not pinpoint the start exactly I apologize)) and for some more general info of what exactly SSA is you can find here Singular spectrum analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Here you can find two "flavours" of SSA : a "simple" one

and one with atr channel added (btw: ATR channel parameters are correct : the idea is to use past ATR rather than the current one to "predict" future one, hence the "+10" in the bars tested for ATR)

Also, you can find the C/C++ source (it is compilable in both, no C++ specifics in it) source of the library that is used to calculate SSA. I use CodeBlocks for that job so someone using other one will probably need to create a project of its own) linSSA.dll should be copied to experts/libraries folder of metatrader in order that SSA work as it should

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Singular Spectrum Analysis ... continued

What I would like is to draw attention to one obvious similarity (result vise, as I already stated in public part of forum) of SSA and centered Triangular MA.

Here are the implementations similar to SSA one : triangular MA centered (with a little addition that makes it different than the one posted on public forum)

and triangular MA bands (same rules a for SSA bands)

Also attached here just the simple dll of libSSA (for those that are not interested in C source of the SSA library)

William Snyder
William Snyder  

Ssa

Too cool Mladen, like the new TMA, when was first enlightened about SSA tried it on everything, check out WPR first one smoothed with SSA now bottom one same WPR Period with reg. SSA, the smoothed still crosses oversold and overbought quicker. The dots on the squeeze are with SSA and the histo with HMA.The HMA by Mladen a few pages back.

Files:
san4x
san4x  
mladen:
What I would like is to draw attention to one obvious similarity (result vise, as I already stated in public part of forum) of SSA and centered Triangular MA.

Here are the implementations similar to SSA one : triangular MA centered (with a little addition that makes it different than the one posted on public forum)

and triangular MA bands (same rules a for SSA bands)

mladen: great work. Seems to me that the triangular method tends to react more accurate and thus with less "overshoot".

Is that assumption correct? And...what's the "little addition" you're referring to?

Last question: Should this indicator be 'calibrated' daily for each pair?

Greetz!

Snow.